Feedback Version 4.161beta

• Please provide your feedback for Patch 4.161beta in this thread. Please tell us if the changed features/bugfixes work properly and if there are new bugs introduced with this patch. Please don't report old bugs that are not mentioned in the changelog, they have not been addressed in this patch.

• My pickpockets went a long time without getting caught so i couldn't really test that (can't play more tonight), but no random fights that I saw, and robbers didn't run across the map to kill people when they pull a cart over.

However, cart guards appear and just stand there, and the robbers just stand there, and the cart driver just stands there, and then it waits a minute and then the guard disappears and it's a race between the robbers and the cart driver, if the cart driver manages to pull away before the robber gets to the cart it isn't pulled over, and if the robber gets to it before it pulls away he robs it like normal.

So, cart guards no longer work. :(

• However, cart guards appear and just stand there, and the robbers just stand there, and the cart driver just stands there, and then it waits a minute and then the guard disappears and it's a race between the robbers and the cart driver, if the cart driver manages to pull away before the robber gets to the cart it isn't pulled over, and if the robber gets to it before it pulls away he robs it like normal.

So, cart guards no longer work. :(

Nirvana, this one as jack said. Cart Guards also isn't working for me, they just stand there. Even the town guards that you can command to scout an area of waylayers doesn't even care if your cart is being waylayed this didn't happen back in 4.15 where I can utilize the Marshall position to guard the roads and my carts using the town's guards.

Sometimes the owner or the employee of the robber's nest even brings the waylayed loot to his home :erf: instead of dropping it off the nest's inventory.

Patch 4.161b - released on 12.09.2010
    - Medicus AI reacts on amount of sick people and produces the needed medicine - tested and working
    - Chances for plague decreased again in early game - working after 10 game starts
    - Fixed the fame exploit when buying a nobility title - working
    - Allied worker don't join fights anymore - tested but needs work because of the problems mentioned above
    - Sermons bring XP now - working and exp is fine as is

• I will make a hotfix this evening (GMT+1) that fixes the problem with the guards. I made a copy+paste-error in the changed script :/

JackArbiter: The addfame-thing was a debug function to let me test the minimum fame property of the title-function. I forgot to remove it in 4.15.

• I updated the patch to get rid of the guard-problem. Please redownload and install it in order to make it work. I would highly appreciate if someone could test if this is savegame compatible (there has been nothing changed except for this single file).

• will test, I think I may have a save file just for this one, by the way.... what file DID you change? Nevermind, I think it's illegaldetection.lua

Edit: It's savegame compatible - confirmed 2 games Notingham and Alamania

• just finished testing and yes it's working again now, thanks nirvana! It's even savegame compatible!

Btw, there's still this name bug with the King/Queen in Nottingham ^^ ima include it here since Im playing that map ahaha oh and the hospital overlapping with the Arsenal lol. Same thing with Alamania where the orchardist has some foundry and the bank overlapping its space

Patch 4.161b - released on 13.09.2010
    - Medicus AI reacts on amount of sick people and produces the needed medicine - tested and working
    - Chances for plague decreased again in early game - working after 15 game starts now i'm missing the plague ahaha ^^
    - Fixed the fame exploit when buying a nobility title - working
    - Allied worker don't join fights anymore - working!
    - Sermons bring XP now - working and exp is fine as is

• As said, we no longer gain fame from purchasing a title.

This is a problem in my current game. I have plenty of cash and a few high level characters but no imperial fame, so I can't buy arsenal weapons or titles above patrician (meaning no mansions/estates either). There is a thread about imperial fame here. I tried everything mentioned, still can't get a single point.

Now that imperial fame is not given for buying titles, how do you earn the first point necessary to get the ball rolling?

• Yeah, I got my first fame after the patch from buying mercs, pikeman whatever you call them. But didn't join the war per se. I had much better things to do with my char than to join the war... he was the magistrate and the penalty for not attending the court is effing high when you have lots of cash at hand...

• thnx for the patch! looks like i missed out on the testing, hehe

Scholar medicus, ai managed employees keep trying to use quicksalve when there is none in stock. also if they have lavender in their backpack they'll also go in an infinite loop.

the only other biggie right now (IMHO :winktongue:) is the AI managed buildings, owner characters stop working, seems to happen around level3 building upgrade

• The random fighting seems to have pretty much ceased. I rarely see combat now except with rogues that have been busted for doing something illegal like breaking/entering houses.

On another note, is there anyway to address the issue of where people seem to go to the closet medicus to the market area first? (That's my perception of how it currently works anyway) My current game, I have gotten up a hospital and the AI still only has an infirmary, I would think since I'm ahead with the attractiveness bonus/upgrades, I would be winning the lions share of patients.

However mine is further away from the center of town and even the ones that require pain medication seem to stop at the infirmary first.

• I'll list a couple of weird issues I've seen, with a disclaimer that this might not be the first time they've been reported:

1. During a town hall meeting one of my characters was taking part in, his portrait didn't display the icon indicating he was taking part. When I double-clicked him it took me inside the building and showed the meeting cut scene but at the bottom all possible measures were displayed in a long row. First and only time I've ever seen this. The election went on as normal.

2. Not sure how market stocking is supposed to work now, but the AI wood cutter is only supplying oak and no pine. There is also no wool, and rarely leather. It could just be that someone is buying everything up before I see it. On that note, I'm curious about the market stats. Does the "buy" column represent what the market is buying most or what the customers are buying most?

3. Controlling the credit business (i.e. giving out loans) needs to be revisited, addressing these issues:
    a. No experience is gained when giving loans
    b. It seems that few if any people take out loans (see c)
    c. Those who do take out loans are usually poor and only take out small loans (often less than 100).
    d. It's a little unclear how interest works, when we get it back, etc.

4. Similar to controlling the credit business, begging (as a vagabond) also doesn't seem to give experience for dynasty characters. My thinking about this and any other sustained action like giving loans is that it should give some experience to make up for your character being unable to train or work at a business where they otherwise would get continuous experience.

...and I think that's all I can think of. Basically The Guild is finally REALLY close to being problem-free (for the most part anyway).

Keep up the good work Nirvana and company. These patches are great!

• 2. Not sure how market stocking is supposed to work now, but the AI wood cutter is only supplying oak and no pine. There is also no wool, and rarely leather. It could just be that someone is buying everything up before I see it. On that note, I'm curious about the market stats. Does the "buy" column represent what the market is buying most or what the customers are buying most?

i've noticed this too, they don't seem to make it. i sat for several rounds waiting and waiting. naturally, i gave up waiting and took the woodcutter hut. put on AI managed production to see and it still didn't make any pine.

and to note, there was absolutely zero resistance when taking the hut. it was AI dynasty owned. on hard, as always.