Feedback Patch 4.165b

• three more things i noticed, one very very important.

1. bribe money! when you click yes give it to me, you don't actually receive the money, it is never credited to your cash, I was playing Duchy of Dragenthal, I had around 10,000 cash. i received 4 bribes all for around 2400, my cash never went up, i said yes on all of them.

2. On the hansa, the guy who owned the pesthouse in Bergen( a '"fake" dynasty) got leprosy, he couldn't heal it at the pesthouse of course, so he evidently decided to sleep it off, he slept in a bed in his pesthouse for about 20 turns and it was never healed. I attempted to fix his AI by getting him out of bed by forgiving his sins, as soon as i was done got back in bed, so i decided to duel because my son was a scholar and i wanted to buy the pesthouse. He did come to the duel and i killed him.

3. When you are in a game then go back to main menu and try to start a new game, the is no down arrow to choose how many years per turn, it can be fixed by quitting game to desktop and starting it up again.

Also here is a suggestion for a new artifact: some kind of agreement you can make someone sign to force them to sell their business to you, or simply a way to offer to buy owned businesses, maybe for 1/3 more in price than it is worth.

• One very funny thing I realized...

I own a hedge tavern.. And I used my character to play cheat, by producing 75k-300k by the dice game... And the most I can get is 600k.. By getting low number on the dice for 4 or 5 times?? So I can earn up to 600k... And I got the record...

However there's this non-dynasty AI guy came in and broke my record for 627k... >.<" How the hell did he did that?? I have no clue.. So I decided to kidnap him since he must be pretty rich after earning 313.5k extra.... I search for him and found him with assets of 60k.. Instead of his 627k after winning the dice game..

• 1. bribe money! when you click yes give it to me, you don't actually receive the money, it is never credited to your cash, I was playing Duchy of Dragenthal, I had around 10,000 cash. i received 4 bribes all for around 2400, my cash never went up, i said yes on all of them.

I think i narrowed this one down, it only occurs when real dynasties, the ones you have to eliminate, with the family crests, tries to bribe you. you still get the bribes from the other people.

Another one: fake dynasty people only try for political office once. if they loose their seat they never apply again, im not even sure if try again if they ran but were never elected.

Also on I had a crypt and put it on ai management and my workers didn't do anything.

one more thing, on "the Hansa" the npcs always build stuff way off in sweden in the middle of no where, east of the wood cutter and where a mine is usually built between bergen and hamburg. There is usually a prot church built there, on my most recent game, a pesthouse, a public house, and a pawn broker, and a prot church were all built there. Is a town suppose to spring up here? in build mode city borders even appear there. it seems to actually be part of London!

• a text error in the buildings for sale menu, says [Buildings For Sale at the top of the menu, the [ being the problem

on the duchy of calenburg map, the dueling grounds of danquerdussen is mostly underneath the guildhall of danquerdussen.

• Nirvana, the AI is still ridiculously passive. I play all my games on hard, and not one major crested dynasty has ever made a significant attack on any of my buildings or units. They are completely useless. I am occasionally attacked outside town by the minor dynasty's or the rare burglary attempt by the random minor dynastys, but outside that nothing. I dont even bother making thugs anymore because they are a waste of money. I dont ever need them because im never attacked by the major dynasties. Defeats the whole purpose of playing.

• Zitat

Nirvana, the AI is still ridiculously passive. I play all my games on hard, and not one major crested dynasty has ever made a significant attack on any of my buildings or units. They are completely useless. I am occasionally attacked outside town by the minor dynasty's or the rare burglary attempt by the random minor dynastys, but outside that nothing. I dont even bother making thugs anymore because they are a waste of money. I dont ever need them because im never attacked by the major dynasties. Defeats the whole purpose of playing.

It's true that the AI are very passive.. But do you want the whole AI dynasties to start killing you every year??? That would defeat the whole purpose of playing then... That time you would be complaining why is the AI so damn hard... >.<" Let's just give Nirvana some time, this AI being passive have already been reported many times, I'm sure you have seen it reported almost every posts, and Nirvana needs some break too.. So let's give Nirvana the time he needs.. I'm sure he's doing the best he can already.. ^^ He is still improving this game in every patches.... i.e renaming the building.. Keep up the good work, Nirvana..

mjsegaline, if you think the game is too easy, then try finding some other games to play till Nirvana can improve the AI's abilities..

• I agree that the AI is not all that aggressive, but I'm not sure I want them to be aggressive in terms of combat all the time. That scenario would probably force the player to focus on combat as well. I'd rather see the AI mix things up: make accusations, use items like toad slime, slander people, etc. This would give the player more strategic options to counter with (e.g. economic, political, combat).

• Yes well there is no combat as of right now. besides occasional skirmishes with rogue minor dynastys. As i said i dont even bother hiring thugs any more because i have no use for them unless i plan on sabotaging something. the ai never makes use of its thugs or sabatoages or firebombs, nothing really. its just no fun at the moment. i understand that some of you dont like combat or challenge and thats why there is an easy option. but for those of us who want a challenge and play on hard, we should have an ai that actually attacks

• and those of u who are making it seem like the lack of AI agression is not a problem are the ones that are making it not get fixed. I personaly dont understand the purpose of playing a game with no challenge, but who am I to say such things.... Play on easy but dont ruin the patch process for the rest of us who like challenge by making ti seem like the ai is fine when its clearly not

• I did say it was a problem. I'm simply saying that AI aggression in The Guild should be about much more than just combat aggression. I like challenging games but The Guild has a lot more to offer than just Combat. The game could be just as challenging from an economic and political standpoint. I'm on your side here, but I just don't want the economic and political style players to be left out.

For clarification, I do play on the hardest difficulty and still find it too easy.

One last thing: I think it's always good to voice concerns about a game, but I get the impression that Nirvana is not updating and patching the game because of pressure from the community. I think he's doing it b/c he loves The Guild and wants to support the product that he and Runeforge put out. It's easy to forget that Runeforge formed and began creating Renaissance as a FAN effort. He wants a good game as much as we do.

• The map Hannover (single city map) is bugged. Its also this map that I tested the game on. Played with 2 years per turn, and less ambient. 8 dynasties.

- The only orchidist there has two fields but you cant sow on them. You can destroy one of them and rebuild it, and then sow on it. The other one cannot be rebuild on the same spot, instead you have to place it on the other side of the map. If the AI owns the orchid, he goes dead after 15 rounds and the market will lack honey and fruit if the business isnt human controlled.

- The AI farmer that owns the Estate Farm in the west, doesnt build all the fields needed to support the town with raw materials.

- Most of the map cannot be built on outside the walls due to "this area cannot be reached". I wish it wasnt so, especially in the south (around the orchid). Room for a Pleasure Palace would be nice too. (maybe you can place one on the map so we could race to get it?)

- The hospitals arent sufficient enough, I'm always lacking bottles and pain medicine when the hospital is automated. Sometimes one of the nurses "freezez" when she is attending the sick with another sim. The icon that shows what she is doing starts to blink.

- When I tried to get married in the monastary, my fiance didnt want to follow me there. She always aborted just before the city wall. Same if I asked her to follow me. //replayed the map, it worked bug-free the second time I played

- When I sent out my child on the imperial schooling (that one for 10'000 gold), the kid went to the edge of the map and aborted her schooling.

- Later, when I sent her to accuire a profession, she aborted that too. Took me two tries before she ended her training.

- When you banish someone, she/he doesnt leave the city.

- There is still many empty seats in the town hall, even though the town went Imperial ages ago.

• some sims trapped in loop
    (doctor say ur healthy and go out building and come back inside hospitel and trapped in loop. ms_MedicalTreatment.lua line 42~)

i dont know why. cuz natural cure? well...
    but how about this.
    when in the loop.
    call the StopMeasure() effect so sims can break out the loop.

Code
    (ms_MedicalTreatment.lua line: 369)
    function BlockMe()
     while GetData("Blocked")~=1 do
      Sleep(0.8)
     end
     Sleep(3)
     f_ExitCurrentBuilding("")
    [COLOR=blue]StopMeasure()[/COLOR]
    end
  • I replayed the game on another map, with 3 cities. I played as a rouge.

Bugs that I noticed:

- When you give your fiance a present, she will gain hearts on top of her head, but the "courting bar" doesnt change. Tried to give her perfume and the engagement ring.

- The rum and grogg from the rouge pub doesnt cost 630 gold when you order it, instead it costs the double. Same with the rum, the price is double there too. I have 2 taverns, 1 in each city.

- Tax in the city is set to 0% and church fee is at 4%. SAme with the other city that I have my buildings at. Yet I'm paying 20'000 gold each turn when my income is around 43'000. I have only rouge buildings.

- When the robber camp is full and the robbers starts to bring in stolen goods, the camp starts to spawn carts on its own. I ended up having 6 carts out of 4 possible. The selling of goods is set to automatic, buying carts to manual.

- When in church during a ceremony and called to a meeting in the city hall, the sim stands up and walks out, but then he doesnt continue to run for the meeting. This is true for my own character as for AI.

- AI rouge that starts with a pub, always goes bancrupt after few (5) turns. Tried 3 different games, and he died off on his own in all of them.

- AI doesnt protect their buildings.

Suggestions

- Robbers camps are impossible to manage in my opinion. The carts guards are to strong, so my 3 robbers need to rest after every attack. I wish that they could hunt in a group, and when one of them is hurt, they go back to rest - all of them. Cuz if only one of them is laying way, there is 99% chance that he will die.

- Rum and grogg needs better description, especially regarding the selling price. Its confusing to not to know how much they actually earn.

• I have a bank that will not sell anything I make coins and none comes to buy them also I have notice that not very many of my goods sell from my other shops as well the jonintery for example I build torches and none buys them.

• - Hospitals, the dynasty AI doesnt seem to have any money to pay for the treatment, I dont know why, cuz they do have the cash. Maybe thats the message they say when they are enemies with the hospital owner? Anyhow, they get into a loop, walking out and back in, blocking the service for everybody else in need of medicin. I noticed this in all the hospitals.

- the item Spindle of the sleeping beauty, doesnt seem to work. I did it on my enemy, it said that I succeded, but no effect. The target didnt get any special icon, and she did came to the town hall meeting.

- Hypnosis pendulum, there is no icon so you can use it. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

- There is no option for having an affair when you upgrade your home. What happend is that my chars go automatically divorsed, yet they are still married. They are able to start couring and have an option for taking out a divorse. In the dynasty overwiev, they are still bounded. No icon for an affair what so ever.

- Automated carts from business in the town, come to the mines/woodchopper to get the raw material, but at the same time they dump their goods that they suppose to sell on the market. This blocks the slots in no time.

- Riding the horse is waaaay to expensive! :rofl:

• Agree

The AI Orchard will not develop meadows to produce fruit and honey. Nor will the default farm produce anything else except Barley and Beef. That is it. The Scripts claim the AI should switch over and produce wheat to make money too, but it is not happening.

Side note, the AI is not very aggressive at all Hanover Map, in European seas they go for you decent and use potions and such. I assume it is the beta patch tone downed to fix bugs.

But thank you for making a unique game in a sea of simple minded games out there. I do hope feedback helps.