Feedback Patch 4.17b

• Please give your feedback for patch 4.17b.
    Espacially importent would be to know if the installation of the new languages went fine and if this patch fixes the reproducable OoS which came with 4.165b. Also feedback to the new AI behaviour would be highly appreciated.

• Patch looks pretty nice so far. I've been in a a multiplayer game for about 15 rounds now and have not had an OoS. We tried with the last patch and kept getting OoS within the first few rounds, so something is obviously working.

As for AI behaviour, I've at least seen them apply for office levels above the first tier, so I believe they are applying for higher titles. I've also kept close watch on the graphs of their assets (rather than just wealth) and have noticed they aren't bankrupt as much. After about 10 rounds they are also now gaining more assets so I think their spending is better.

On another note, we started a game where my wife was a blacksmith but there was no coal or iron in the market. After about 8 rounds or so the AI started producing these goods. If this is because of the high demand for these items in the market and low demand for other goods from the same production facilities then this is great. I also saw the same thing happen with pine/oak wood. I don't know if this patch has anything to do with it, but still looks pretty good regardless.

Oh - forgot to add, as far as aggression goes, my wife's character was kidnapped by an AI dynasty pretty early on. This is something we haven't seen happen very much prior to this.

• My Reports so far,

NPCs are now applying for higher title office - gave me quite the shock really :gasp: as I had to really fight for my office now - sometimes literally.

I was attacked in the street several times I think that's a kidnap attempt but they failed, kept being offered by protection rackets, had my house ALMOST burned down along with my other business buildings. Had to rely on my guards to protect some of my buildings because of the increased attacks :no: though I can't prevent them if my building wasnt their first target.

Didn't get the plague on the highest difficulty tried it 15x.

I still don't see much of the Colored Dynasty buying higher titles and thus applying for office. More of the shadow dynasties does the buying and the applying now.

Didn't test MP and the other Languages. :winktongue:

• I still don't see much of the Colored Dynasty buying higher titles and thus applying for office. More of the shadow dynasties does the buying and the applying now.

Noticed the same thing. All spots, including the King is filled by shadow dynasties. This is 4 AI dynasties in a one-city game. Still, might just be a coincidence.

Had an odd occurance where my character was evicted from Town Hall at the 17 o'clock meeting, even though he held a position (which was contested). Couldn't reenter Town Hall, was told the build was about to collapse(?). After a strange meeting (instead of zooming to my character it zoomed to the left-most empty throne used during trials), everything was fine again. Never seen this before.

• I really like this new patch although in my view the game could still be a little bit more difficult.

Being an outlaw still doesn't seem to affect anything.
    I can walk through the city freely without being hassled by any of the city guards.

• Right... tried starting a banker on the Danzig map with this patch. I didn't use Kinfers script as it messed up my mouse (for some reason I lost control of it from time to time and it started to drift to the top of the screen (I know... his script is for 4.164b)).

Well... after 16 years (4year/turn) I had made a profit of around 1k gold. That is from selling copper coins/providing loans. In the 16 years only a single person repaid his loan. On top of that, People don't queue in the bank like they do in the hospitals. Unless they're serviced immidiately, they'll leave. This means I have to designate a worker to provide loans at all times if I want any business here. Or my main character. Since providing credit doesn't give xp, this is a horrible situation.

So... What I would like to see improved in future patches (without using MODs) would be a bank queue that works, xp for providing the credits, and a chance to actually get repaid. It would also be nice not to have a banker hand out money to beggars like it was candy, perhaps this profession should gain immunity to them (I assume the 'derelict beggars' messages are from street beggars or something at least, although I never saw any of them near me. Or perhaps derelict begging is people not repaying their loans?). Finally it would be nice with a list of debtors in the important people list (along with a listing of how much they've loaned and when they where supposed to repay those loans). With such a list you could send your thugs to beat up or break the legs of debtors not paying (increasing their inclination to repay fast) or drag them to court and have them thrown into debtors prison/the pillock (fining someone in debt makes no sense).

A few other notes:
    Pregnancy duration appears to be just around 3 years when playing 4year/turn. Playing a female main char, this is really annoying.

The market started with 0 copper coins in stock, but after selling some, it wouldn't drop below 6 coins at any time. This meant every coin I sold after no. 6 was at around 80% of base price and it really cut into my profit. At the end of the day it was hard to make enough money to pay my workers. If the market defaults to 6 items of something in stock, then those items should be sellable at base price when only 6 is stocked there.

That was all
    Regards
    Kanashimi

• Well... after 16 years (4year/turn) I had made a profit of around 1k gold. That is from selling copper coins/providing loans. In the 16 years only a single person repaid his loan.

cuz payback condition is sooooooooo fooooooooooor <----- shock on me
    if they are have a job then you loss money!

i hope so my bank script will help them...

• I have been noticing a lot more spinning cart occurances with this new beta patch.

Also, the AI do seem to be a bit more aggressive, and people are definetly more prosperous. The vacant lots within my town filled up rather quickly and I found myself building temporary "huts" to assure I would have a spot for a future business within the town.

As for applying for city council, I am finding that people are buying new titles and are applying at higher levels as well.

I haven't played any incredibly long games yet with the new patch though, but this is just my small feedback.

• i hadnt played for a while and this is the first beta patch ive tried, it seemed to install properly as it had the proper version number on the main menu. everything seemed to be running fine but i eventually realised my characters xp was stuck and i couldnt level at all, it seemed to accumulate above the stats in the dynasty menu (i had 1300 or so xp at this point) but the xp counter in the portrait in the same menu said 500/1100 and 0/1100 xp for his wife, even thought the one above her stats had about 600, i tried restarting on a different map and i had the same problem, the main character started with 500/1100 xp but wouldnt go up no matter how much xp i gained

this isnt from a fresh install, so ill reinstall and apply the patch again to see if it fixes it

• Zitat

shot2bits Re: Feedback Patch 4.17b
    i hadnt played for a while and this is the first beta patch ive tried, it seemed to install properly as it had the proper version number on the main menu. everything seemed to be running fine but i eventually realised my characters xp was stuck and i couldnt level at all, it seemed to accumulate above the stats in the dynasty menu (i had 1300 or so xp at this point) but the xp counter in the portrait in the same menu said 500/1100 and 0/1100 xp for his wife, even thought the one above her stats had about 600, i tried restarting on a different map and i had the same problem, the main character started with 500/1100 xp but wouldnt go up no matter how much xp i gained

this isnt from a fresh install, so ill reinstall and apply the patch again to see if it fixes it

^^^ Sorry if the above quote fails, I never use that feature on forums and am a bit of a forum-newb.

shot2bits; in order for a character to level-up, you must spend the XP earned on the attributes on the main dynasty screen. You must have the dynasty character's box selected (on the top right of the game screen) that you want to improve their attributes.

There should be a series of stats like:
    -Constition
    -Dexterity
    -Charisma
    -Martial Arts
    etc.etc.etc.

Click the little '+' sign to the right of the respective stat when it is lit up. Eventually you will level up and at levels 2,4,7 (and a few others) you can select perk's to improve your character's specific role that you use them for. IE: sneaky fighter (gives 5% chance of doing a critical hit which hits for an extra 50%) I believe...

Hopefully this helps you out!

• yeah i know that, if you look at the dynasty screen it will have an xp counter above the stats, and then to the left of that there is a render of your character. the counter above the render of my character is stuck at 500 for the starting character (including at game start) and stays like that when the other counter goes over 1100 which is the point he should level up, and i dont get the boxes next to the attributes the spend the points i should get.

ive played the game a fair amount in the past, and as i say this only happened after installing the latest beta patch

edit: started a game to take a screenshot to show you, notice the xp counter on the left is 500/1100 and i havnt even moved the character, while the one above the stats is 0, the one that is 0 will go up properly, but the one on 500 will stay at 500 no matter what i do

http://s80.photobucket.com/alb…on=view&current=xpbug.jpg

• Once you have xp (above the stats) the [+] boxes (which are present in that screenshot) will light up and you can click them. The xp number above the stats does not affect the xp counter on the left. Only adding to your attributes actually adds xp to the counter on the left.

• Lol, it's all good. I made that mistake when I first played too. Then I got G2 and played the tutorial... that thing saved my ass with this game. I still can't get over how I have never bothered to play this series until a few months ago... It's one of the best games out there. With Nirvana and the team, it'll only get better.

• I played on hardest when testing this version.

The AI doesnt die so easy, and they gain lots of cash - but they arent investing in new buildings. I believe mostly cuz there arent more buildings to buy. The only way to gain new buildings is by brute force. There is no space either to build new buildings on the map I'm playing.

I didnt recieve any agression from the AI, even though I'm in a feud with all of them.

The 5 AI didnt buy titles higher than "Citizen without full civil rights" even though they got between 200k to 500k cash.

The offices looks like this:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9860/tg2r.th.png]

• Hello,

I have been playing 4.17b multiplayer and consistently run into OoS issues after 12-16 rounds. I have a save file that contains a replicable OoS issues approximately 1 hour game time after the save. I have replicated the OoS 5 times. The file is 8.5mb, which is too large to load on this board. Let me know if you guys would like the file to isolate the OoS issue.

Thanks,
    YuMMy