I need help with sets.dat

• I decided to play a bit with fonts. As i understand, all fonts are registered in the file sets.dat. So i have a few questions about it:
    1.As i understand, file sets.dat is hex, is'nt it?
    if file is hex, then i have a bit more questions:
    for example:

with "HUD/fonts/BookAntiqua_large_10pt_0-255.tga" all clear, but i can't understand "105.....Б...{.............Б>..v>..З>..’>...."
    I think this points to a place where we apply this font, but I can not understand what is this place? or this points to a char in fonts? and then what is this char? :erf:

• The sets.dat-files are "directories" to let the system know where the fonts are located in the sprite-files.
    If you just create the file "HUD/fonts/BookAntiqua_large_10pt_0-255.tga" and place your font there you'll overwrite the font set in the sprite.

Btw.: The files are simply in binary format. You're just viewing it in hex-view ^^

• hmm, it's interesting, about hex i understand :smile:
    so sets.dat let system know, what char is used from font and where it is used?
    and how understand, what char we uses and where?
    what about file setfonts30.dds? if all fonts in directory "fonts", why this file is nedeed?

ps: i don't want replacing all fonts,i want to replace it in certain places,so i want to add another file with fonts and connect it

• I didn't look too deep into the system the game uses to read and use the sprites, so I can't tell you much more than I already did :/

You just have to look for the set*.dds-files and change the fonts in there and look if it has any effect on the game.

• I didn't look too deep into the system the game uses to read and use the sprites, so I can't tell you much more than I already did :/

You just have to look for the set*.dds-files and change the fonts in there and look if it has any effect on the game.

with dds file all clear, some fonts there, such as main menu, but what format is used: dxt1,dxt3 or dxt 5?
    it's sad, that you can't tell more about sets.dat, may be you could ask someone about this? :(
    it's very interesting for me :great:
    I still have question, but not about fonts:
    what script uses, when we rename building and name our character?