The game won't start.

• I just bought The Guild II, The Guild II Renaissance and The Guild II Pirates of the European Seas, and my game will not start. I tried to disable the loading video with the // Show the splash screen at programm startup (0:no 1:on (default) ) SplashScreen =0 command in the config.ini. I also tried to check the Disable visual themes and the Disable Desktop Composition. I also tried to run it as Administrator, in windows XP Compatibility mode, and I also got nothing. I bought the game by Steam.

I use Windows 7 and my graphic card is a nVidia ENGTS450.

Thanks!

• First of all: Where did you get stuck when starting?

And then my first suggestion: Try opening the file "config.ini" (where you've also changed the splashscreen-settings) and search for the lines
    ScreenWidth= 1024
    ScreenHeight= 768

Change it to your resolution:
    ScreenWidth= 1280
    ScreenHeight= 720

• Does it say anything in the Windows Application Event Log regarding the crash? Fastest way to find it is to press Windows+R, type "eventvwr", enter.

Running it on Win7 64-bit myself. I cannot see the splash-screens or intro movies (getting only black screen and sounds), but I can click past those and the game works fine. Your card is a DX11 card, compared to my DX10. Are there any settings in the driver regarding DX9 compatibility?

• i am using win7 64x too

start the game with the "disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition" parameters and you may see the intro-videos. With this 2 flags the intro works just fine for me.

• Alright, it was my resolution... I can't believe I didn't think of that... You were a great help! Thanks Nirvana!
    Innoncence: Thanks a lot, but I didn't have the time to try it, since it was my resolution!