LAN Multiplayer Problem

• Hi everybody,

It make 3 days I research how "replay" this game in LAN with my friend but I have a "bug" on my computer.
    We have exactly the same version, just the operating system change, she's on Windows 7 and me Windows 10.

When I start a LAN party on my computer Win 10, I can't select player IA and Human player, all the windows for select IA, and my name too, is black.
    But just before the creation of the party, I'm sure that I select 8 players, "Extinction mode" etc.

So I'have test the creation of the party with the Computer of my friend Win7, she don't have the bug, but I'can't see her...
    Finaly, I've test between two computer Win7, and we have no bug and I can see the party and we can playing. (But it is just a test because the second computer Win7 is too old and laaggggggg...)

So I suspect a problem of compatibility with Windows 10. X(

For information :
    I've installed the patch 4.21 but the problem is same.
    The game in solo mode has no problem with my computer Win10.

Can we help me please :)

• Have you installed DirectPlay? If not this could probably be the problem.

Also, have you tried using compatibility mode of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1?
    Do you run the game with administrator rights?

• Hi Napi96

Thank you very much fo your response, it was that ! ^^ I've installed Directplay and now I can play LAN party !
    I've follow this video to see how activate it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYyGB-Tn3g

Unfortunately now, I've an another problem, whatever the map, all city hall have graphics problem when I go inside.
    All the hall is black except people and candle. Windows are red, do you have ever encountered this problem ?
    Maybe is it the patch ? I've installed the 4.21 and after the 4.211