[English] Translation to Portuguese (Brazil)

• I'm moving the discussion (http://www.gilde2.de/social/th…t/?postID=96388#post96388) here to not clutter the translation kit.

First off, I'm quite impressed with the quick work you @Regismrs have done there. It pays to know your tools :) Here is the resumé of my quick glance:

• The file loads fine and looks great ingame!
    • A few lines are left in English, especially short ones like building names. This is something to work on bit by bit.
    • Some placeholders got mixed up, see: 368 "_ABILITIES_POINTS_+0" "(1%)" | --> should be (%1i)
    • Some lines are simply missing. This will cause the text label to be printed instead. It's usually playable, but not very asthetic.

Here's some advice:

• Make sure you're running the translation script on the up-to-date English text file. I'll append one here for 0.93, maybe @Fajeth can verify if it's the current file. Text.zip
    • Make sure you're dealing correctly with all placeholder variables and text colors.
    • After running the translation, run some consistency checks on the file, i.e. "Total number of placeholders has to be equal" and "Total number of lines has to be equal".
    • Also double check anything that is emphasized with >...<. It may need to be changed after translation.

Have fun and keep up the good work!

• Great idea, move the topic. I had never used a forum.Some points...1. I used PHP, STICHOZA / GOGLE-TRANSLATE-PHP (from github), google, notepad ++ and postgres.2. My biggest problem is #E [ANYTHING] because it translates the word into [], bored can turn anything between bed and board :)3. I believe that the method can be used for any other language, which would greatly accelerate the translation, after all the staff would correct some grammatical errors instead of manually translating line by line.4. Anyway I will refine the script that isolates the variables and try to translate again by observing and counting the placeholdersThank you for your attention and explanations.

• If you're interested in sharing the scripts I can also have a look at them, maybe host them on github?

What did you use postgres for? I once considered translating all DBT-Files into SQL for an actual database or something along that line. Would make editing, querying and validating much easier.

Regarding the placeholders. Is it possible to tell the translator to ignore certain patterns? When searching for placeholders in Notepad++ I usually use regular expressions. A placeholder would be: %\d+[\u\l]+ (that is a percentage symbol followed by one or more digits and then one or more letters).

• Hello @ThreeOfMe ,
    I discovered what was causing that problem you mentioned, it was the apostroph, so how it serves only specifically nothing :) I removed all of them from the sentences, now the file is much better, check how good it was. I am improving the code of the convert script to be simpler and understandable, currently it works but this is very messy. When you do, I'll post a zip. The text.dbt file that I am sending is already usable, in config.ini you need to change the language to Portuguese.
    Not to lose the habit
    1- Well at the top of the screen is showing% 1SL, I believe that the name of the dynasty should appear, I need to review it, I looked at the original and mine and it's the same, maybe the problem is in some line up.
    2 - I created an array with all $,%, # and I found, for example '#E [LV_ANYTHING]' turns into '#E [{121}]' then I go back to normal, it was the form I found To avoid the mixtures that you pointed out like that '% 1i' that has turned into '1%', now it turns '{555}', I translate and I go back to normal.
    3- Thanks for the tips, until the next!