Suggestion for Office Privileges

• Hiya,

I love how we get the option to decide how long each serving term should be for the Council (the 1, 2 and 4), this is one thing I've noticed which I think would be great if it's possible to have the cool down's for some of the privileges change depending on how long each election is apart. For example:

When I play with the settings:- 1 year passes per turn, Council Elections every 4 turns - it's possible to "banish" 2 council members every cycle. Meaning if you're a Mayor or something you can continuously protect yourself by banishing the 2 offices directly below you on every election.

Is there a way to perhaps have the cooldown timers reflect the length of the time served as a council member as if it was on a 1 turn ratio? So like, if you select council elections to be held every 4 years instead of the normal 1, the "banish" perk could only be used once every 8 days, as opposed to once every 2 days when it is set to 1 turn elections. If that makes any sense?

Not sure if it can be done but I think it would be pretty cool if possible. :)

• I think it would be good and also extend on the difficulty if you've got it set to the hardest setting because we'd have to think more strategically for when to use the actions just so they couldn't be spammed in 4 turns in one cycle if that's what the settings are on, if that makes sense?

Initially I was thinking just for the "Banish" perk and "Tear Down Building" just for the sake of those not being exploited as easily, but thinking
    about it, if it applied to all of the office privellages it would add a new level of difficulty I think as it wouldn't be possible, for example, to regularly switch the sales tax depending when you're storing/selling & buying goods. It's just a thought though! :)

also, is it possible for towns to lose their granted status if they start declining too much? For example if the population declines too much below the upgrade threshold, could the arch duke revoke the rights previously granted and revert the town back to it's previous status?

• also, is it possible for towns to lose their granted status if they start declining too much? For example if the population declines too much below the upgrade threshold, could the arch duke revoke the rights previously granted and revert the town back to it's previous status?

Could you state an example from actual history? Is there any town in Europe that lost some of its status this way?

• Oh I'm terrible at history, I'm almost certain we were taught a biased account of it all through school (which generally was just 12 years of
    ranting how an English Queen beheaded a Scots Queen lol).

Mabye another way of looking at it could possibly be to have a "Civil War" random or triggered event? There was plenty of them in those days, especially due to religious conflicts.

Or even include the crime to be accused of 'witch craft' or heretecracy (not sure if I've spelled that right) if caught poisoning wells, using the toad stuff on the doors to make people ill, etc. Or even simply if the characters faith falls too low they could be accused of it. Protestants could then read the bible to "strengthen belief" and catholics could pray with rosary, and a bonus could be applied if the actions were done inside a church (the correct religion that applies to the characters belief).

But the first idea about towns and cities losing their rights if they decline too much was just to spice things up and open up more possible options because in some maps its impossible to get imperial status if you don't start in the most developed town. It means that we could start in the smallest town and try to work our way to the top by eventually stealing the imperial status from a more developed city by causing its population to decline (by either destroying buildings, making people ill, assasinating other characaters in that town or even random events) and then trying to acquire the imperial rights after the other city has lost it.

It's just idea's though! :)