Beiträge von JackArbiter

I am going to try this but don't have much time so not sure if I can thoroughly test it soon. But you might see if it works for you.

in citylevel.lua find

local Bounds = citylevel_GetValue(Level)

add: +1

local Bounds = citylevel_GetValue(Level) +1

the following if then statement will be inversely affected by adding 1:

if Bounds[2] < Count then

so that Bounds[2] is less likely to be less than Count

this way instead of having to find a magic number that works, the cities will level, say, to town when normally they would be leveling to city at that time

it might totally not work, i'm tired and might not be thinking straight :intello:

Hey Jack have you had ANY city grow yet at -200? I'm 20+ years in and while pops are slowly growing not a single town has advanced yet. I'm in Cologne at 290 pop.

It's likely too much at -200 if you want the towns to keep growing. On hansa I had hamburg increase to imperial capital (400 pop plus an army went through, I think, but then that might be a -100 game I can't remember) but london is too restricted to get past town and bergen too restricted to get past village. Danzig might grow eventually from village to town.

If cologne is too restricted to get past 290 (which is like 90, which means it won't grow for a while) then it won't grow at all.

This wasn't meant as a permanent solution, just something I wanted to try. To me it's better than the towns growing but I might try back at -100 since some towns aren't ever going to go much past 200 (which is effectively 0 at -200).

And of course if the villages aren't restricted and keep growing you'll have no growth for a while til the -200 is overcome, and then they'll grow fast afterward. So I'll see if I can't come up with a more elegant temporary mod.

BTW don't ever start using robbers to extort, it is so much like cheating that it'll ruin your game :(

Sorry, not the first one after calcstartuplevel (which checks right at startup), but the 2nd one (which is the one that checks after startup every ingame hour).

I ended up putting it at -200. I play almost solely on hansa map and pop growth is usually way too fast, not to mention the war population boost.

Now even though the population booms the cities level up much slower (at least so far) because the -200 is hard to overcome.

(EDIT)
    And don't forget, you have to restart your game. Script states are saved within savegames.

A note on town growth,

I edited citylevel.lua as follows:

local Count = CityGetCitizenCount("") - 100

just to see if it would have an effect. It seemed to slow down the growth a lot (unless I'm being an idiot and it does nothing). One problem I've seen with vanilla 4.17b (aside from 50% population increases between turns 1 and 2, and lots of growth afterward) is that when a war was launched hamburg swelled from 375 to 450 for a minute when the army was in town. At this point it became an imperial capital. Then the pop dropped back down when they left the map.

The surrounding areas are still small, 5 years in, but pretty soon they'll overcome the -100 :(

Well a lot of that is targeted and pickpocketing, for instance, only brings it down slowly as you have to be targeting and you have to get caught.

Road tolls make everyone hate you extremely fast. I haven't seen anything quite like it. I wish you could target specific people, or maybe carts from other villages rather than your own. But that's getting a bit out there.

! Thank you. Very much. I wish you could add thanks on this forum for posts and not just topics.

I think salacious services doesn't make people angry... but I'm going to go test that now. I know it has a random effect on clients including -50 hp, +50 hp, and other things out of a random list (found the list once while poking around in the game's scripts). So it may depend on which effect the client gets.

Once you have xp (above the stats) the [+] boxes (which are present in that screenshot) will light up and you can click them. The xp number above the stats does not affect the xp counter on the left. Only adding to your attributes actually adds xp to the counter on the left.

This isn't a real solution to your problems but if you go to the DB folder you'll find Professions.dbt.

Find line 40:

40 "necro" 3 30 -2 -2 -100 -4 0 -100 1 -4 -100 -100 12 1 1 () |

Where the 12 is, that's the amount of hours they work. The 1 immediately following that is the start time (1:00 in this case). I don't know if you can change the 1:00 to earlier (like 24 or 22), as you see every profession either starts between 1:00 and 8:00 or goes for 24 hours, and I don't know how this number carries over between days, if it'll glitch and etc. But you can add a few hours (say, change 12 to 15) in order to offset the hours your guys just stand around. Or you can change it to 24 (change start time to 0) and have them work forever! Mwhahahahaha. Kindof cheap, but whatever.

I set up some road tolls and I can't remember if my favor with other families normally goes down this much. Does charging tolls make other families angry at you? Or is there just a very rapid degradation over time? I think I'm in year 3 and I'm being feuded by 4 or 5 families, which totally isn't worth it since I'd like to get into politics and the local sovereign hates me already.

What else does this? Pickpocketing made me wonder this same thing.

Single player concerning market and politics, everything is working out much better.

We still have those same ol' bugs where people like to walk out right before they're about to begin voting, sortof amplified now that the court is always packed.

But yeah a lot of electioneering going on. There is a weird thing going on with some people who are citizens not trying for the next post up even if it's vacant but in some cases people ARE trying.

BTW does anyone know if pickpocketing pulls your rating down w/ other families? I think I made a mistake setting up my base in my own town.

But yeah, on the hansa map selling goods now is really dynamic. This is getting close to a proper gold version, thanks for all your hard work nirvana.

Some people claim dynasties don't put up enough of a fight.

But some of what you are experiencing has been fixed, the plague doesn't wipe nearly as many enemies out and the AI isn't running across the map to attack people or getting in huge fights in the market.

Also, the AI should have more gold since their high-level workers won't be constantly killing each other off.

But some of what you are saying is still a concern for some people.

- New measure for listing all buildings for sale added to the townhall - tested + working

HOWEVER-

The phrase "[Buildings for sale" has a [ In front of it.

Also if you resort the buildings according to type or money the buildings that are off screen will show empty HP boxes when you scroll down. Which totally doesn't matter.

Also, if you buy a building while the list is still up it will not be removed from the list until you close and reopen. Again, not really that important.