Beiträge von Killerhuehnchen

The config.ini is in the Renaissance root directory and every change I do there is applied to the my game when started. If you don't run the game with Administrator rights on Vista or Win7 it could try to edit the config.ini resulting in beeing redirected to the VirtualStore and creating an other one there witch is used instead of the one you've edited. Make sure there is no second config in the VirtualStore (C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\The Guild II - Renaissance\).

This thread obsolete because a newer beta patch was released. Please write in the sticked thread after updating to the latest version.
    According to your crash: Open the Renaissance directory on your harddrive where you'll find a callstack.log and upload it here (this forum) when ever your game crashs. Befor I forget: Happened the crash at midnight and you're running a 32-bit Windows? If you can anwser both with yes then there is a fix in the sticked technical FAQ in this forum.
    What I would do in your case would be to wait until v4.165b gets realeased this week, then update to it and forget about the crashed game if you haven't any older saves where you can continue from.

Therewith you've discovered an other bug first reported 3 month ago: It's impossible to deactivate autosaving. I think it's better this way because forgetting to save for a long time is very easy and frustrating if your game crash or you did any mistake resulting in lost game time.

In the lower left corner of the forum is the language selection where you can set the language to english.
    According to the weater: It's an old bug witch is hardcoded and was already in The Guild 2 present. To get rid of you can run a custom script or mod to set weather manually, but then you'll have a drought.

Jacqvern: According your fifth point. The game hates to save settings such as custom names for king/queen or citizens having only english names after some reloads. The rollback to standard doesn't happen everytime and isn't just since Renaissance but from scratch.

Sende das Savegame an "support AT runeforge-games DOT com", damit Nirvana es sich anschauen kann und vielleicht den Fehler findet. Ohne Fehlerlogs/weitere Informationen ist es unmöglich den Fehler zu finden.

These bugs occur if either you GPU (graphic card) becomes too hot, if the driver hasn't enough memory available or if there is a bug with the graphic driver. But most times it's the first case. Use a program like Lavalys Everest to find out the temperature which raises while gaming and shouldn't be higher than 80°C for a long time (over 100°C is killing most cards quickly. But most cards reduce their clockings to cool down or switch themselves off leading to a reboot).

Die gesamte Callstack.log Datei sowie deine DxDiag.txt wären hilfreich.
    Aus dem, was du hier gepostet hast geht hervor, dass Gamebryo, also die Graphikengine von Die Gilde 2, nicht gestartet werden konnte, da sie wahrscheinlich keine DirectX Schnittstelle verwenden konnte. Stelle bitte sicher, dass sowohl deine Graphiktreiber als auch DirectX richtig installiert sind.

Bitte lies die Anleitung zur RAM Zuweisung genau durch! Da steht eindeutig, dass das auch für Leute mit nur 2GB RAM (oder weniger) notwendig und möglich ist, da der Rest in der Auslagerungsdatei (pagefile.sys) auf der Festplatte gespeichert wird.
    Befolge die Anleitung und alles wird gut!

An meinen System sollte es nicht liegen.
    Phenom II 960BE, mit 4 GB Ram, und ner 460GTX, Win 7 64 Bit.
    Grafikkartentreiber vor einem Monat aktualisiert + DirectX Treiber

Vllt ist jemanden das Problem bekannt.

Grüße
    Ray

Das Problem, dass das Spiel bei manchen ruckelt wurde schon öffters genannt und es liegt sehr wohl an deinem System, genauer gesagt an der NVidia Graphikkarte.
    http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=171680 Diese Treiberversion und jede neuere beheben (oder sollten das zumindest tun) die Ruckler.

I'm playing with v4.162b without any new issues or freezes a few people talk about. There wasn't a bug with the bank ever (except the fix-prices and the working time which have been ballanced in v4.15). The latest patch enhances the medic but needs improvement.