Beiträge von Jacqvern

ChrisJason,

It's ok by me. If I can help, I'm glad to.
    I'm not an expert, but if I can I try to help, as I was helped by others. Poor Nirvana is very pressed with making the patches and all the forums and the bugs reports, and the questions from all of us. And the day has only 24 hours unfortunately :D

Jacqvern: According your fifth point. The game hates to save settings such as custom names for king/queen or citizens having only english names after some reloads. The rollback to standard doesn't happen everytime and isn't just since Renaissance but from scratch.

Well, I wasn't the one who changed the names :)
    In fact up to the beta 4162 I have never see the names like that again, they were always King/Queen. So I thought that they were changed for this beta version, 4164.

As for the sermon thing, I do not recall seeing it in the other beta versions or the 4.15. Maybe it happenned, but I think I would have observed it before.

:)

Hi Nirvana.

I played the Hansa map.

Here are my notes:

1. Church business > when sermon is given by a character and he/she gives a praise to someone, the sermon progress bar (blue) becomes 0 and the character starts the sermon from beginning. So if she performs the sermon for like 2 hours from the total 4, and praises someone, she continues for another 4 hours from the praise, so total length of sermon comes to 6, 7, 8 hours.
    That does not happen with the priests/employees giving the sermon. They praise and the sermon continues normally.

2. The change in names works ok, both for house and business, as far as I tried it.

3. The turns for 1 year and 4 year work ok. I have not tried the 2 and 3.

4. Getting married in a monastery > if the character is a woman, the question directed to her by the monk starts with the male AI character and says "will you take him as a wife", though she is the one who responds. It's rather odd :) That happenned from the beginning in the Renaissance, in all versions. On the other hand when the main character is a man, then the question directed to the woman AI character is ok.

5. Chairman/Chairwoman thing > When the city becomes a capital, the leader is called Chairman/Chairwoman of the Hanseatic League, however that is ONLY until you save a game. Then if you load the saved game, then it is King/Queen again. That happens with the Quicksave too. I'm not sure about the autosave, because once the game is saved, afterwards the autosave saves it as King/Queen.
    If you don't load the game and you keep playing, then the Chairman/Chairwoman thing remains for many terms. Once you exit the game though, it is lost.

That's all for now. I'll let you know if I see more.

Thank you :)

P.S. When entering the town hall during a voting session, even when characters are not participating and are not in the town hall, in the lower part of the screen appear in a line > all the functions of the character.

Hi Nirvana.

I noticed that patients in the hospital sit on other ones already sitting on benches, even if there are empty places on the same bench or on the other bench.
    (In the 4.15, if there were no empty sits on the benches, they were standing)

Thank you again

P.S. If you need anything, please ask :)

General Chaos wrote: "One other thing that has been discussed at some length is the frequency of war. Since this is a main source of gaining fame it might be worth increasing the chances of war."

Uhm, well, in my game, Hansa Hamburg, in 12 years they went to war 3 times. I think that is a pretty good frequency :smile:

Hi Nirvana.

So I started a new game, again Hansa - Hamburg.

1. The 1-year turns are ok over 12 years.

2. The freeze scene, still happens, it happenned 4-5 times in this game.

3. Sermons give XP > working and Wooden pins/Fittings working too.

4. Now, about the medicus. There is a Hospital ran by AI in the town. The AI scholar character, is in healing mode all the time, but he does NOT heal. (I think he healed in the first year, but not sure that I remember correctly anymore.)
    Anyway, he just sits in his place in the hospital, with the healing mode shown on his icon, but he does nothing. The hospital is full of people in need of healing, but he is idle in healing mode.
    Also, he has a physician in healing mode. The physician stops at midnight and leaves, but by around 4 in the night she is working again, healing, which she should not do at that hour. (All the other physicians who are assigned to prepare medicines, are leaving at midnight and appear again in the morning.) And all this time the AI scholar character just sits there.

5. No case of plague yet in the 12 years. Was the plague erased completely? :lol:

6. There is something else. Several carts have been tangled outside a city's gate, going around in circles. All AI carts.

Question: Would it be feasible to have a list at the town hall with the diseases in the town (as the list of the hospital)? Or to be available as a button to the AI hospital? So one would know whether to build a hospital or not. Too much to ask eh? :happy:

That's about it for feedback.

Thank you Nirvana for the reply.

1. I know that I have to set up the 1-year option for every new game. And I particularly remember setting it for this. It was one thing I wanted to try, because it has happenned before this patch. But I will try it again with a new game, to see it and get back to you on this.

2. Frozen scene. I don't know, it has not happened before. I have the RAM extended manually at 3GB (from 2GB).
    Maybe something corrected in the code for the AI behavior conflicts with a previous setting and as the game proceeds and more items are running and AI management extends, it causes the temporary lag and the frozen scenery? Just an idea. It does not lag the whole time when scrolling, but it increases as time passes.

Hi Nirvana.

Patch 4.162b - Playing the Hansa, Hometown: Hamburg - Started with Scholar character.

1. Sick people don't visit hospitals that can't cure their illness > Working, AI had an infirmary already in town when I built pesthouse.
    2. AI patients sit down if a place on a bank gets free > Working (but that worked in the previous patch 4.15 too. I had 3 hospitals in a game with 4.15, 2 in Dusseldorf and 1 in Cologne)
    3. New measure for listing all buildings for sale added to the townhall > Working (and it works also for saved game from previous 4.15)

New: 1. Scene has frozen 3-4 times during a gameplay of 3-4 hours. It happens when you scroll around with the mouse.
    It seems to freeze later in the game, when town is more developed, and the frequence of freezing increases with the time.
    Also, only the imagery freezes, the sound is working and if you double-click somewhere on the frozen scene, it will take you afterwards wherever the clicking had fall. E.g. Blindly double-click, it turned out to enter the house. (It has never happened before in 4.15)
    2. Also, when scrolling there is a lag of the scene sometimes, and usually after it lags, the scene freezes as in 1. above, but not always.
    3. Turns > Before starting the game, I clicked the "1 year per turn" option but it did not work, the turns were 4 years. (That was happening before 4.15 and it happens again as it seems).

Issues listed for 4.161b and tested in 4.162b:
    1. Medicus AI reacts on amount of sick people and produces the needed medicine > Working (that worked on 4.15 too, but after a long time of non-reaction)
    2. Chances for plague decreased again in early game > Working, there is no incident of plague in my game, Hansa - Hamburg, for 30 years. That maybe, because there is no hospital. The AI has an infirmary and I have a pesthouse. But that should not be a parameter, no hospital no plague that is.

That's my feedback for now :) Thank you for your work.