Beiträge von KDogg

sgallaty: Great stuff in your post. I just wanted to let you know that personal pistols are indeed available for purchase at the armory. I do wish you could manufacture them, though. Making crossbows at the joinery sure would be nice too. Could you imagine a nice line of crossbow-armed thugs standing behind your first line in support? That'd be awesome.

I know the spinning carts bug has been reported before, but I have to bring it up again. Yes, I have the spinning carts in the game I'm playing in Lyon, Macon, and Belley (it's only happening in Macon). What's more annoying than that, though, is bailiffs, guards, and dynasty characters (including my own) are getting caught in this 'vortex' as well. I can easily get my own out, and I know the trick to get them out, but they just end up back in again, so why bother? Also, people are getting stuck in the hospital doors, or just outside of them (this is in Lyon). This combines for a much less enjoyable game, obviously, since people and goods are perpetually stuck.

I'm only bringing this up again because I want to ask: is this being worked on? I know it's pretty much just Nirvana, so it's hard to get to all the bugs, but I just wanted to check. I'm still running v4.15, but I don't see anything about these bugs in the beta patches anyway, besides maybe the medicus/hospital. Sorry if this is brought up too often (I don't see any other post on this newer forum about it, though), but it's important! Thanks for reading! :)

Edit: Oops, there is indeed a related post already by RedCommissar. Sorry!

Ok, I tested it a little more.

I was able to use the top on my age 0 daughter. When I clicked on the measure, a little top appeared above her head, I clicked on her, and bam, 705 XP.

But I couldn't use it again after that. So I figured you can only use it every four-year span, since it'd otherwise be too exploitative for a one-year turn. Anyway, I still tried at every age between 1 and 8 and couldn't use it at all. So I'm thinking you can only use one top per kid, period. As said in the post above, I can't use it on the 12-year-old son, so it must need to be used before their apprenticeship.

Has anyone been able to use more than one top on a single kid? And at what ages? Cuz either I've got it figured out, or my game is bugged, which you never know with this game! [Blockierte Grafik: http://forum.runeforge-game-studio.com/images/smilies/wink.gif] Anyway, seems fair to only be able to use such a powerful item once. So I'm cool with that.

From Jowood Forum (since these forums are both being used):

I bought some stone tops to kick my kid down with some experience, as the item says it does (and which it did in the first Guild). I brought them back to the house and had the kid move the top into his inventory, but he couldn't use it. Ok, no problem... I just figure the dad (or mom) has to give it to him. So I put the top in one of dad's slots and, pleasantly, a measure appeared that would apparently allow for him to give the top to one of his kids (when you click on it, it asks you to target a kid in your dynasty). However, when I selected this measure, I could not select my son to give it to even though he was in the same room.

So has anyone figured out how to do this? Either it's a bug (which wouldn't be surprising given the Stonecuttery's recent addition), or perhaps I can't give it to him since he's 12. That's still a kid by the game's definition I'd think, but maybe this needs to be done pre-school/apprentice? Anyway, it's not a gamebreaker or anything since experience is easy to get, but I'd still like to do it. So... anyone? (And note: I don't want to edit code. Just trying to perform this seemingly simple action.)

Hah... I love the thought of walking into a church in real life, reaking of cologne/perfume, and everyone just fallin' in love with you. That's something I'll definitely have to do. Uh, in the game, of course. But, wouldn't the comb or some nice clothes (haven't tried either yet) be better since perfume only applies to the opposite sex?

Damn, that bug does indeed sound pesty. I'm sure it's coming for me!

I'm still pretty new to this game, so I keep forgetting about the perfume! The thing is, by now it's not as useful considering the problem that both you and I have - hardly any council members left to actually use it on! :arf:

Wow, that sounded like a fun game in POTES! Ravinhood, can you do me a favor and post what your results are? If it makes for more mayhem, I'd love to know how to get that going myself! Good luck!

I'm sure you have a ton of requests, Nirvana, but perhaps down the road you can include in a patch a bit more AI aggresiveness in applying for offices. It'd be a livelier council if people were actually on it! ;) Good luck with 4.2!

Thanks, Nirvana. Does the difficulty affect how likely they are to apply for political office? My game is on easy (I'm not sure about ravinwood's), so maybe that's why they're not applying? Dang it... I would've put the game on hard if I hadn't read someone's post saying difficulty just affects money.

I'm running v4.15 (don't want to install the beta patch yet cuz I'm not restarting my game yet). I'm having a hard time healing anyone besides buying mead, which can get too expensive for someone who plays a fighter rogue and gets into a lot of scuffles. I can certainly send my main chars to bed and heal (very sloooowly), but, contrary to what people have advised on other posts I've read, I can't rest my underlings (thieves and henchmen) by telling them to rest on a bench since they don't have access to that brownish-orange branch of commands.

The medicus command doesn't work well either since the hospitals are always packed and the underling just gives up after awhile of waiting. I wish my main chars could use the medicus as well, but no biggy there. Any advice or shall I just keep buying beer and food?

Note: you may see this on the JoWood forum too since these are both in use atm.

That's really weird, pandor. I always conduct my bribes and beguiles/compliments during the 15:00-17:00 time frame, which almost always includes some sort of said action during the last half-hour, but I've never encountered this bug. I guess I should play longer and maybe I will! ;)

I'm curious... do they stay stuck for good, or do they eventually come out in a few hours?

Ravinhood: I tend to work my characters to the bone throughout the day, so those two hours where everyone is conveniently together in the council chamber allow sufficient time for my two chars to sufficiently bribe and compliment their way into the next slot. I imagine this is what pandor's been doing. But you're probably wise to caution not doing so... I may take that advice if this glitch is common.

I think this is on the JoWood forum board too, but it's definitely a bug worth having on both forums as politics is a part of the game a lot of us enjoy. I'm having the same problems as ravinhood. I have my main chars as Sovereign and Chief Magistrate while the Marshal, Bishop, Dungeon Master, and Master of the Guild (or Guild Master?) positions all remain open... and have been so for a few turns now even though there are plenty of residents with the qualifications. The only people that apply are, like ravinhood's game, applying for the Lease Master and Executioner positions, and even that's become rare. I actually have turns now where there is no council session at all, which was unheard of in my first ten turns.

Also, I wish that people who get voted out of office would reapply, even if they start at the lowest level again. It seems a shame to replace the Sovereign and never see her in office again. Besides her 30% tax rate, I quite liked her. ;)

Oh, and ravinhood, as far as I know, the difficulty level only affects the amount of money you start off with. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the other dynasties (both shadow and major) seem to pick on me quite a bit, but perhaps that's cuz my char's a rogue. His craftsman wife only gets beef if she joins him in fights, so I can imagine a boringly peaceful and non-competitive life for her if she didn't.