Beiträge von RedCommissar

Crap, I was so opportunistic in it, that I didn't look it whole when I copy pasted! ;)

You are right, I either need to change position of that part of the script or just increase numbers! (My original numbers were greater)

(I'm going to increase the numbers) I fixed it the bug in my original code.

P.S.
    I think whatever you change, you need to make pawn shop self-sufficient with "lending", cause looking at the age and effects of pawnshops. They should be very sufficient on their own, even with low money input! They should be like they always were, most legal way of being a criminal!

I have changed the code some time ago to make Bank workable, or at least, profitable for the player in a sense that you can USE LENDING as something profitable and enjoyable. And to cut long story short, I have made this changes long time ago, but now I will share them. Best thing what can happen is that something can be learned from this code, and maybe even implemented.

Lets start:

First and foremost we need to make Taking credit (and returning it) event much more frequent, so we change this code, in "/Measures/Behaviour/std_Idle.lua":

Code
    [COLOR=SlateGray]elseif WhatToDo > 80 and not HasProperty("","SchuldenGeb") then
                        idlelib_TakeACredit()
                    elseif WhatToDo > 70 and HasProperty("","SchuldenGeb") then
                        idlelib_ReturnACredit()[/COLOR]

TO THIS ->

Code
    [COLOR=Red]                elseif WhatToDo > 65 and not HasProperty("","SchuldenGeb") then
                        idlelib_TakeACredit()
                    elseif WhatToDo > 61 and HasProperty("","SchuldenGeb") then
                        idlelib_ReturnACredit()[/COLOR]

Second, we need to change, how much they take from our account in "/Scripts/Library/idlelib.lua" from this:

Code
    [COLOR=SlateGray]                                kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * 1 )
                                elseif schuldner == 2 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * 2 )
                                elseif schuldner == 3 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (3+Rand(3)) )
                                elseif schuldner == 4 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (6+Rand(5)) )
                                elseif schuldner == 5 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (11+Rand(10)) )
                                end[/COLOR]

TO THIS ->

Code
    [COLOR=Red]                                kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (1+Rand(5)) )
                                elseif schuldner == 2 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (5+Rand(10)) )
                                elseif schuldner == 3 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (10+Rand(10)) )
                                elseif schuldner == 4 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (15+Rand(10)) )
                                elseif schuldner == 5 then
                                    kreditMeng = ( (kreditMeng / 100) * (20+Rand(10)) )
                                end[/COLOR]

Ok, after that we need to change in the same file, our INCOME from their return:

Code
    schuld = schuld + ( (schuld / 100) * (zinsA+zinsB ) )

TO THIS ->

Code
    [COLOR=Red]            schuld = schuld + ( (schuld / 10) * (zinsA+zinsB ) )[/COLOR]

So to sum it up, i made the event of taking credit (and returning it) somewhat more frequent, and I made them take much more money from the account, also changing, that for EVERY skill in Bargaining and Arcane, you get 10% more profit from the return. (counter to 1% per skill, which was implemented).

Accounting looses from dead people, are those who never return I think these are fair numbers. Especially because they take more money. So higher risk better reward. And that will be the difference with low level banker and big one, where you will need much more returns to compensate the lending, unlike the big banker (maxed out skills, don't forget Scholar class ONLY have favorable in one skill, PLUS it will make arcane skill MUCH more worth while ingame)

Also I posted raw code here, so that everyone can implement it and test it with only copy/paste and search option in his notepad.

There, these are my 2 cents for this.

P.S.
    Just so there is no misunderstanding. I just "enhanced" the code with better numbers, I didn't add anything creative. Its just plain number re-balancing.

I had, many times, seen where, for instance, Accuser made a case against defendant almost all the way (death penalty in the end, after unsuccessful "not guilty" talk by the defendant), but he asked for lower punishment first. (Thats not the problem here.)

And 2 judges were more then glad to accuse him, one being his dynasty (Defendant's). Those 2 were in the death penalty zone, and they voted NOT-GUILTY, and even defendat's, who was shown he WAS in the Pillory zone, voted not guilty)... So you can imagine what implication this made on the verdict.

We either need some code revisiting, or at least implementing some penalty to the judge(s), when they act ouside their "supposed" zone... Rumors about un-fair judges...etc Lowering overall reputation...etc Insert a class moment, of course.

I'll keep writing here various (minor) bugs about pictures and tooltips/text connected to them, especially when I play MP. I will just alt-tab and add new ones (editing 1st page), because there are just too much to even keep track on the paper or in head.

1) When a character is in the pillory, he gets "privilege" icon showing that he is in the pillory, but it shows Poison head and has error in tooltip/text explanation

Which would probably be a Good Thing: what's the point of having various levels of game difficulty if you can win in 2 evenings of play on hardest? Right now, AFAIK, difficulty affects starting gold, starting title and exp_to_level only...

Exactly what I had in mind!

As for organizing guards - it would probably take a lot of effort to code...

I noticed that they included code with patrolling bailiffs, where they "select" the "main guard" and several others just follow him, and that main guard is the only one (fully) scripted. Maybe something similar can be done with the raids? or at least organizing AI dynasty/town member's defenses. Or at least some town retribution code/system where they will punish maniacs that go rampart and kill members of the town...etc

Excellent thread, showing how gameplay works to the maximum. Especially showing up the problems inherited in it!

You know, fixing AI (responses), and various small implementation can make this game much more harder, if not "difficult".
    For instance, when did you see King AI repelling someone's immunity?, or other AI dynasties organizing guards/army?, or even effectively attacking player dynasty? Best thing you can expect is a pesky sabotage, joined together with high taxes for your goods to sell, and thats about it.

Where are famous "free" town militias, raids, even taking over towns by means of force, and emperor of the land responding, city arming its guards/bailiffs with goods hoarded or from the market reflecting each city's wealth. Forceful arrest made to a player ...etc?...

This thread opens up to (not only) player's suggestions on how to overcome this problem, but developers also.

I suggested an interesting feature in the bug-forum, about quickening (only scripting) political election, maybe we should do that with the trails too (closed sessions), so that many more trails can happen in one turn, instead of 1, making whole system much more punishing. So finally repel immunity will have effect, before player kills every member of the jury in few turns...etc

This game needs MAJESTIC balancing in the politics/economics, because you have a feeling that in those times, you could have been nobody and in few years you could be a king of the land, let alone major producer of whatever you produce. Instead, as a dawn of capitalism and "free-market", not only that it was hard to manage such feat, but should be entirely impossible, and that is why this game is focused on dynasties, hoarding wealth, and inheritance. Not only deadly competition in economic, but even tougher in the politics... When they expanded guild membership more, trying to tie up certain group of people with certain interest, it was a great start, but still, it needs to be expanded and expanded and expanded.

Maybe we should expand that add an feature that you can "court your workers" ONLY if they have maxed out relationship with you. (I still can't find where is that blockade in code)

And even that they engage in fight to protect you and your house (not only scream for bailiff), as mark of loyalty.

Or, more historically, they send their own offspring to continue their work, in this case when they die, so you get free new worker when loyal one dies. (I would just need a makeshift code, and will gladly tweak it and test it independently)

1) Could you give me an example (roughly from your head) some distance, so that I can use it to measure other distances? (For instance: distance from Hamburg to Danzig is roughly xxxx "pixels")

2) Also, about attractiveness, do every building starts with 0, and raises itself with addons (building improvements) and actions (serving guests)?

3) Then Also, do 4th Skill "Best house in town" also concerns Whorehouses (Divehouses)?

P.S.
    I extracted most of the files in the excel, and sorted them out, so I basically know what is where. And i remember seeing many lines that were out of alignment, and many lines that had crooked code or meaningless code. Fixing them could lower the size of lua/dbt...etc, thus lowering RAM usage and CPU usage maybe. But I'll say more of that when we enable bug-tracking thread.

I wondered in code, what is the measure for distance and attractiveness?

I know the calculation in the code, and its usage, but i never knew the modifier! For instance, some code sets max distance to 50000 (what? meters?), or some code looks the attractiveness of an whorehouse so it could set "a tip", but i have no clue what is that modifier "5" or "500"...

I tired to track it, but I was unsuccessful.

Does increased relationship with workers (pay bonus) impacts gameplay? And how? I always wondered that.

For instance, do craftmen work longer/faster? Do gypsies/whores get more money? Or that means nothing, and is only used to counter goading?

Also, annoying thing is, when whores and mercenaries get their money, pop-ups about income never happen (whores) or they happen above your main character (mercenaries). Which is annoying, not knowing how profitable it is, looking that statistics don't show it.

P.S.

Additionally, in map North Sea, in Hamburg, you can build over its arsenal!

P.P.S.

When you click away when in middle of choosing the severity of the law, it get reseted, and not changed!

Important problem about XP gaining.
    You don't get xp when you purchase, upgrade or buy buildings, anymore.

And one of the observed XP gaining problems is, for instance, begging. You don't get even 1XP while doing it.

Unable to reproduce it... what do you actually mean by 'override'? No matter how many times I click certain building (nor how I click it - using pause and what not), I receive just a stipulated amount of money - 1200g max, not even close to 10k. Are you sure you are playing 4.16?

I meant when you select robber's action to "ask for protection money" and it fails, he soon starts to plunder the building. NOW, in that meanwhile, before he actually starts plundering, you click him to walk away, and you re-select "ask for protection money" action, re-selecting the building.
    My point was, that even if your "ask for protection money" action fails, you can still use it again on the same building before he starts plundering. So you "spam" that action until you actually get allowed to protect it.

I play on hardest, and AI-factions there usually amass huge amounts of money, thus, as I presume, Action "ask for protection money" takes certain portion (%) of dynasty's overall wealth. So, for instance, if they have 100k assets, you will get 5k per building, but if they have 1000k assets, you will get 50k per building. Of course, it takes time (turns) for them to amass that much.

P.S.
    This comes to my conclusion that if you DISALLOW player to do anything while asks for protection money, you will do major "nerfing" of the Robber camp effectiveness. Acually only thing that would be done here, is to fix a bug.

Also, I EXTREMELY liked your ideas, that you stated few posts before, that you elaborated how also "nerf" down the rouge class, Robber's camp!

1. Church business > when sermon is given by a character and he/she gives a praise to someone, the sermon progress bar (blue) becomes 0 and the character starts the sermon from beginning. So if she performs the sermon for like 2 hours from the total 4, and praises someone, she continues for another 4 hours from the praise, so total length of sermon comes to 6, 7, 8 hours.
    That does not happen with the priests/employees giving the sermon. They praise and the sermon continues normally.

That is indeed an exploit, that is still in a game many patches behind, I wonder why no one reported it yet! Maybe because its minor/micromanaging and slightly beneficial, also you reset the cooldown timer.

2. The change in names works ok, both for house and business, as far as I tried it.

Unfortunately it doesn't work in Multilayer.

Don't forget a bug where you can override "Ask protection money" action, so you never actually loose bandit, but you can be sure to spam it and eventually "protect" any building from any AI dynasty (and according to their financial status) you can get several 10k of gold per ANY building they own.

You can even bankrupt them easily.

Why not Gray, PM nirvana and let him instruct you fully to it. I'll help you with it whenever I can, of course.

I also know to edit lua files...etc so no worries there too. But as you see, only now I was fully online to observe the forum, at least you are active now, and we can easily switch "duty" if one or other gets offline for a while (vacation, obligations...etc)

Don't forget to close this thread and open up a new fresh one.

Maybe you can explain it more closely how that came to be, because I used bakeries several time in newest patch, and no bug like that happened.

Maybe best solution is to save saves, and format the game from scratch. Regular + patches + beta.

On the other hand, try restarting game (and PC to empty up RAM) and then loading, that usually fix many pesky problems.