Beiträge von RedCommissar

For all you people willing to contribute with more effort for this game, you have a chance now, at least on the forum.

Recent development and people's activity resulted that we finally have a "green light", to SELECT one of us, to maintain "official" sticky thread for bug tracking and to be the ONLY one directly reporting to Nirvana about new bugs. This will speed things up considerably, at least of the people's inquiry.

So basically, anyone interested should post in this thread, explaining if he has enough time and will be at least somewhat CONSTANTLY active to:
    1) Process huge load of PMs from the people about "bugs...etc"
    2) Filters them for new ones and send them to Nirvana for approval
    3) And finally to MAINTAIN thread about bugs, so we will finally be ridden of constantly searching and endlessly asking about actual existence of bugs...

This is the original post made by nirvana:

The problem is that I'm the only person that actually know what bugs can be fixed at all. And I don't have the time to maintain such a list :/
    I don't know how long you people can edit your posts in this forum, but if the edit function isn't only available for a short time we can make it this way:
    I need one of you guys who is willing to maintain this list. I will answer his (and only his - I don't want to get multiple PMs/eMails about the same topic more than once :/) requests regarding bugs that are not fixed yet so that he can update the thread.

Sorry, but that's all I can offer you :/

The problem is that I'm the only person that actually know what bugs can be fixed at all. And I don't have the time to maintain such a list :/
    I don't know how long you people can edit your posts in this forum, but if the edit function isn't only available for a short time we can make it this way:
    I need one of you guys who is willing to maintain this list. I will answer his (and only his - I don't want to get multiple PMs/eMails about the same topic more than once :/) requests regarding bugs that are not fixed yet so that he can update the thread.

Sorry, but that's all I can offer you :/

Thank you nirvana, this is more then we could have hoped for! I'll open a new thread, and in it I'll open up the "inquiry" who is best fitted (has most time + will be most active) for such role. You can then delete it (thread), when all is set.

Thank you once more, for all your effort and work, you are truly irreplaceable!! We all hope Runeforge/Jowood would note your activity, and at least reward you for it!! :great:And even expand your resources!!

Nirvana, maybe you should add sticky thread linking to a place where people reported all "continuing bugs" that just can't (or presently can't) be fixed.

That should stop people for mentioning same bugs again and again, and plus it will make them feel secure knowing that its only a bug (not PC issue...etc) and its already reported.

Thank you!

Something really dangerous should have happened with that guardsman's head...

P.S. Sorry for posting here rather than in bugtracker, but I didn't manage to figure out how to attach screenshots there.

I noticed something similar on !certain! maps, especially for main dynasty character. We usually rehost the game again, fixing it. I think it has something to do with GPU overheating.

"stuck npcs"
    npcs go apeshit and stand outside churches en masse trying to pray. not sure why this happens, but it's annoying.

There is regular AI routing of praying, 2 times a day (~9 morning,~9 evening), but that is also randomized conserning many factors, so some people dont even pray (not so zealous), or some come at "odd" times.

"stuck npcs"
    would like to see the limitation lifted on 'worker' and 'same dynasty worker' for marriage. late game it can quickly become nearly impossible to find able females without hiring/firing to create unemployed npcs, which is lame as hell.

Maybe limitation on "Different city" and "last member of a dynasty" should be unblocked. But even that, together with worker-block would make game very problematic (more exploitative). For instance, screwing up with other dynasty's production, pretty effectively. But on the other hand, at courting OWN workers, should at least introduce some "check" if the worker is willing, that would be fair.

"stuck npcs"
    need a way to assign ownership of businesses to specific NPCs (like the house 'assign owner" action). late game you end up with junk owned by the wrong npcs

I noticed that bug too, some building are unable to transfer ownership which is MAJOR game-breaker.

I have the same problem as the OP, the RedCommisar's tip doesn't work.

If you notice in statistic, you do get the NEW amount of gold as income, the only thing that doesn't change is the tooltip in the political screen showing how much you earn.

For instance, if Village mayor post is originally 500, and you change it in file to 1000, it will STILL show 500, BUT you will actually gain 1000. (Just consult balance sheet in statistic window)

Many such instances occur, and you can fix them, for your dynasty, is to order them to "follow me".

But I noticed the bigger the map, the more protocols CPU needs to do, the more bugs are frequent and more such "stuttering" and "stopping" happen.

I also have a similar very game braking bug, Cart bug where they revolve around their axis in huge numbers... But I explained that in separate thread that I created.

Interesting thing is that if you put it on automatic, it can do it for you...
    But only in your own Pirate Cove... which is pretty limited.

Maybe code for that button is accidentally ruined?

Maybe because we use hamachi? Some protocols are blocked/ignored?
    On the other hand, We used 2 years per turn... I'll troubleshoot this much as I can then.

On the other hand, I forgot to mention a bug about years-turn, for instance, when playing Vienna map, with maxed out dynasties, no matter what you set (especially 1y/turn) its always 4 years per turn. BUT that is fixed if you put lower AI dynasties in-game.

You need to build a storehouse near the harbour. You will then be able to build merchant ships. Fishing boats are also possible as a patron with the fishery buildings.

I have tried that and positioning Storehouse near the water, all result in same... No ship building option in the harbor. But on the other hand, Fishery and Pirate Heaven works perfectly.

Go to the file called Offices.dbt and text.dbt in \DB\ folder in your game root. Open them in notepad or any other equivalent.

1) Find game-name of the office you want to change like "Colonel" or "Bailiff"...etc. (Just start the game and look if you don't know.)

2) Open file Text.dbt, and search that term inside.

3) When you search it, you will notice its connected to the other term like:
    6372 "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Weibel_+0" "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Bailiff" |
    That means that Bailiff = Weibel

4) Next you open Offices.dbt file and everything else is self-explanatory.
    Or in short, find "Weibel" line and find which row is for "income" INT 0
    and change it to something you want. 250 to whatever you want... Thats how you basically change.

Hope this helps.

P.S.
    Also note if you play in Multilayer, if you change any file, you need to share it with all peers. Or else, you will OoS.

First off, I would like to thank you Nirvana for your tireless work, if I can be of any assistance, you say!! (I'm serious) I've been a fan of Europa 1400/Guild franchise since it first got out in 2002, and I am ardent "follower" of it.

Now, to cut the chase and get to the point, concerning Guild 2 Renaissance, I have been playing it massively in multilayer with my best friend over hamachi for few month now, occasionally having 3rd player join us for at least 3-8 hour sessions, mostly on some of the biggest maps (Hanseatic League, Vienna...etc) with most dynasties 12-16 . We observed ton of problems, bugs, unbalances, exploits...etc Only since we found out this forum and started using beta some time ago, and also started investigating code, we got interested to contribute! Now I finally registered (together with my friends) so we might point out important issues that we together could fix, or at least point out.

So that I don't make this thread useless with 100 of issues, I will start with few, but most alarming ones.

1. Cart bug - after some time, and depending on the amount of NPC instances on the map, whole parts of the roads get blocked with huge number of carts rotating around their axis in the same spot. Hindering whole economy not only for player but also for AI. They could be "rested" by manually attacking each cart, but that is useless unless you want to spend few hours doing so.

2. Complicated micro-managing especially in the late parts of the game, when owning Gypsy camp (Vagabond camp) and Whorehouse (Pub), workers get reset so you need manually position them across the city/map. AI does that rarely, but when he finally enables protocols to, he is sloppy, usually clustering all gypsies on the same spot. Whores don't even leave the Pub with AI. Only solution it seems is to make them work 24/7, but in same turn overpowering those classes/buildings.

3. Pawn shop/Money Lender - Looking at the code and practically in-game, taking/returning credit by the idle people is so rare, that is most completely useless option, especially looking the income from it. We found a way to make it more interesting and in line with other scholar houses by increasing interest rate that you get credit back and making credit searching and returning more plausible by increasing its importance in std_Idle file!

4. Market ping - Many time when you own, for instance the only weapon producing business on the whole map, suddenly whole market periodically gets automatically saturated with high quality goods that only I can create, totally ruining the business. On the other hand, not even saturating with needed goods like Wheat flour...etc

5. Robber camp overpowered - You can usually max out your start character by the age of 29 (4years turn, hardest) if you play with robber camps, also it makes building profitable out of proportions concerning any other building. Not only that you can waylay and blockade any road and gain insane amount of money from it, but you can also ask for protection money, which is the easiest and fastest way not only to cheat away any competition with insane amounts of money, but you can also literally lead ANY AI to bankruptcy. On the other hand, gaining quick levels by attacking random passers, makes whole game distasteful. For instance, king walking alone, or some 10 lvl dynasty character with only 1 thug, make up easy pray for a horde of bastards. Not even roaming guards or even cities united in (players) Marshals control can stop them. Something needs to be fixed here. Organizing robber-hunt by the cities, like they organize wars? That could be nice, especially introducing a new level in politics. Public actions, voting...etc

6. Infirmary bug - many times, even roaming dynasty characters and any other get stuck in front of AI (sometimes even mine after a longer game) infirmary/hospital trying to "administer treatment". Its similar like the Cart bug, it can usually get fixed by calling characters, but its major game-play breaker.

7. Courting (gameplay question) - it would be nice, at least showing us where we can change code so that we can court last member of a dynasty, and to make use being able to force marry younger children (something those times knew well). All changes that we searched concluded that that might be hard-coded...

8. Mutual Assistance pact bug - Its a law in any MP game when we pre-set alliances among players, that in the same time those alliances get broken and players turned hostile toward each other, bugging the system up so that we can never be neutral or even allies. We linked that bug with whores and pickpockets trying to "do" other ally character, bugging up the system. Sometimes when you even hire neutral character, while he is being hired (automatically), a pickpocket/whore... tries to rob him, and in a middle of that process he switches allegiance and they attack each other. Maybe a fix could be that a "favor" system be introduced among even Player dynasties, thing like that.

9. XP not given - we noticed that many times for many activities both Dynasty character and NPCs (workers too) don't get XP for things they do. For instance, thugs that guard/follow NPC don't level up at all, but guard that just stands there do...etc I can explain more later if you want, because I already hogged up the whole thread.

10. Many maps needs minimum resource balancing to make it playable with certain classes. For instance there are big maps with only one clay pit in the far corner, like Lyon, Macon and Belley, if I spelled right. I would be glad write all problems like this in one of my next posts...

11. Quick add, SOUND BUG misplaced sound bugs around the game. Stuck audio. Like hearing birds in courthouse, upgrading buildings have random looping sound of something that code picked (bird, vomiting, clapping, crying...etc). This is very annoying. Especially when you enter and exit building, there is a chance bug of entering/closing door will be constant throughout the game.

This is for now, I wrote this in haste, I'm sure there are many that I wanted to include that I missed. Hopefully Nirvana, this could be of an assistance. And just to point out we play with hardest difficulty, clean installs, clean patches, newest also. Those above are just problems persisting still from the base game. I would be glad to write more and try to solve those problems cooperatively.

I would be glad if someone posted any comment on these bugs, hopefully proving that I'm not a lone loony. ;) So that I can spam some more bugs. ;)

I would like to post that "Building renaming" DOESN'T work in multilayer. The problem is that every player can change buildings but those aren't spread to the other players. (even after reload, and after auto-save).

For instance, when game crashes, host gives his saves around, and now players can only see host's own changes, but not their personal changes.

On the other hand, game years work perfect! Except that it changes game-play drastically, especially concerning xp/level gaining.

Additional slots are fixed also.

So much of the current patch feedback. I will post my experiences about bugs and fixes in separate new thread.