Beiträge von Gray

You can see icons above people ready/able to court you once you select "court" action. As for icons above buildings - this feature did really exist in Guild 1 (Europa 1400), but it was never implemented in Guild 2, AFAIK.

1. Ahha, finally a comprehensive description, allowing to reproduce this bug! Adding to the bug list.

2. This is not a bug, afaik. Why can't people just come to a church and buy some hosts, even if there are no sermon?

3,4. Already in the bug list.

So when it reaches my that character to vote, I can't cause the

Unable to reproduce it... usually you can switch in and out of Assembly hall freely, and you get vote window when you are controlling any char other than one that has to vote right now.

Nirvana, maybe it is reasonable to attach a savegame to debug such cases? Not sure though if you can attach a 10Mb savegame to a forum like this...

Yeah, court has rather... *weird* logic, which is probably bugged. I've seen (being a mediator as main PC) the following situation. Accuser brings up some more or less reliable proof and asks for high fine. Jurors were in some milder zone (like pillory). In case I say "not guilty", they both disagree, and convict defender to be fined. When I reload and say "guilty", they quickly move into leftmost position, and acquit the defender totally! So the only thing that matter are relations between court chairman and his jurors? Nobody cares for proofs and whatever accuser/defendant say?

P.S. Not sure if this has to be added to the bug list, or we just don't understand this complicated logic...

You know, fixing AI (responses), and various small implementation can make this game much more harder, if not "difficult".

Which would probably be a Good Thing: what's the point of having various levels of game difficulty if you can win in 2 evenings of play on hardest? Right now, AFAIK, difficulty affects starting gold, starting title and exp_to_level only...

For instance, when did you see King AI repelling someone's immunity?, or other AI dynasties organizing guards/army?, or even effectively attacking player dynasty?

Something tells me these features are not even supposed to be used by AI ;) That's why I've suggested to reserve immunity for king only.

As for organizing guards - it would probably take a lot of effort to code... So I'm trying to find a few solutions that would require just a bit of twiddling with variables and defines, which would still make the game more diverse and enjoyable.

This thread opens up to (not only) player's suggestions on how to overcome this problem, but developers also.

Agreed. I don't really believe it was designed to be like this: a game about brute force only. Well, I can understand PC supported by his thugs raiding a robber camp - but, using this tool everywhere? It shouldn't be possible. This is economic management game rather than, say, Warcraft, after all! It should be more about gaining wealth and titles rather than about street fighting... IMHO.

Europa 1400 (The Guild 1) was full of bugs, its AI was in rudimentary condition (AI-guided business building made you like 4x less profit per given time than one controlled manually), there were quite a few cheatholes allowing player to become millionaire in no time (like marrying old baronesses or capturing rogue guilds for sale), and there was a huge impact of random. Guild 2 (Renaissance especially) have managed to overcome most of these obstacles. But everything comes at a price, it seems... A single campaign of G1 could take about 100 turns until you are able to oust other dynasties by buying their manufactures for insane quadripled prices, and destroying their houses using castle triple-barreled cannon. This included a lot of training, espionage, courts, artifact using, duels, gradual grow of player assets (followed by imperial title advance), and OF COURSE - alternation of generations. Now, most of these features are simply useless. Here I tell you how to win in 12 turns vs 15 other dynasties on hardest difficulty.

Start as a craftsman. Robber can make way more gold per time, yes - but it is not gold but decent weapons and armours (battleaxes and plate mail) that lead to quick victory. Also, there are just six useful talents out of ten existing: con, dex, martial, rhetoric, bargaining, arcane. Craftsman has bonuses to three of them and malus to one, while robber has 2x bonus and 2x malus. Start in the smallest village - Zurich on "Alamannia", Belley on "Lyon, Macon and Belley", and so on. Set 4 years per turn: your char won't die anyway, but you can raise your child up to a playable age in just 4 turns. Start with weaving mill. It requires almost no resources on tier1 (just wool), and brings about 2000g per turn (and lets you produce leather gloves for your main PC later). This would allow you to build your second business building on the second turn.

- Priority #1: get married with a patron and impregnate female PC asap. Firstly, you are going to need 2 more PCs (your wife/husband and your child) to "guard" your mayor post and don't let anyone to apply for it while you are far away committing genocide to other dynasties; then, it is extremely important to have PCs of both sexes to compliment and beguile high-ranked officials without spending a single coin. Courting takes 10 hours max, without any material investments as well: just use kissing, embracing, complimenting and beguiling in turns. Work at your mill while abilities "recharge"; use "follow me" button to court without being distracted from work. Once this part is done and your child is playing in your house, start flattering on politics (village mayor firstly) using both chars, non-stop, once "compliment" and "beguile" are off the "cooldown".

- Priority #2: destroying 15 opponents takes quite a bit of money and equipment. Combine reaching these goals. Your second building should be orchardist - this is about 3500g per turn, absolute maximum of patron & craftsman businesses (with exception of mine, which grants 5k per day, but takes 10k of investments). Later start founding absolutely necessary business buildings: carpenter's shop (battleaxes!), foundry (plate armor & helm), tavern (mead), plus two more to your taste (to me, usually that's brickery and mine). It would require citizen title - its limit is 7 buildings, and also it's required to apply for mayor office. You don't need any other titles.

- Priority #3: gain immunity asap. This is why I've said to start in a village: for the first 2.5 turns it requires just a "citizen without" title to apply for mediator office (later, once village becomes city, it would require to be citizen). In case you manage to construct 2 buildings, collect money for "yeoman" and then "citizen without" titles, and apply before noon of the third turn, you're set (otherwise you will have to collect 15k more, and waste another round to advance from the lower office). Also, try to make your wife (/husband) bailiff at the same day (not as important, but saves time and nerves too). As soon as you are immune to accusations, hire thugs and start killing members of other dynasties in your village. Three turns later you should be able to buy "citizen" title, apply for mayor office with your main PC and insta take his former office with your child. Besides, mayor owns a mine on most maps, so you can kill mayor just before elections, effectively reaching two goals: free his office and buy his business.

- Priority #4: build and equip your army! Once you've constructed 7 business buildings, stop developing your handicraft industry - you won't need any higher daily income to win. Instead, wipe out rivals, buy their houses, upgrade them up to "gabled houses" and hire four thugs per each. Gradually, you gather an army of 24 thugs. Organize them in groups of 8 and put on hotkeys. Once they are armed and your main PC is fully armored ("ironsides" ability included), you can attack and murder anyone at the central square of any capital city without fear of being killed by guards. When there are no abandoned houses and you've got excess money, advance your buildings. Start with carpenter - up to tier3 (the sooner you equip yourself and your gang with battleaxes, the sooner you win); then tavern - up to tier2 (use mead rather than visiting hospital, it saves loads of time); then foundry and weaving up to tier3 (armours - for your main PC only, thugs are almost never attacked by guards). Store about 10 extra axes and about 25 extra mead in your main house, then put every your manufacture on AI management and forget about it.

- Final: massacre! Sabotage (fire bombs rock) mines, woodcutters and robber camps: they are far away from wells to extinguish fire quick enough, so you can capture them rather soon. You can't build more than 7 business buildings as citizen, but this limit doesn't apply on captured buildings. Kill every member of another dynasty you see. Decent places to hunt are: campfires, fountains, near churches, near hospital, near taverns, near town hall after 15 o'clock. Never return to preside at elections (save your time): your wife/husband and son/daughter have to care about it. Unlike with trials, you don't get fined for neglecting your official duties. When there are no visible enemies left, use "important units" list and find them one by one. In case some of them is inside a building, sabotage it and kill everyone while they are running for water.

As simple as that. Now I just want to ask the developer team: was it supposed to be like that? With no real need for spies, gathering evidences, courts, artifact using (except for mead), with no need for economical means of bankrupting your rivals, with no way to merge companies (or at least to buy opponents' buildings for a really high price), no point to participate in crusades/wars, no real need to build an estate? Then you can as well rename Europa 1400 into Russia-2010! Look:

- The most profitable business is robbery, but it requires a high seat.
    - Next most profitable is raw material trading (too bad there are no oil rigs).
    - The least profitable is anything related to science, education and health protection.
    - The best way to deal with someone dangerous/troublesome to you is to kill him.
    - Courts mean no danger even to a murderer in case he has backstair influence.

And so on. Was it really designed to be like that? If yes, then ok - I just don't really see why did developers waste so much time implementing features which are nearly useless. If not, we can start to seek for ways to fix it. So far I can bring the following idea out of the top of my head, to fix the biggest problem - easy access to immunity. Maybe make immunity to be a property of imperial level officials only? Then, it should probably take a bit more effort to apply for imperial level than just gathering a lot of money and taking mayor office... Say, certain character level? Right now it's easy to raise your level via exp gained for guards killed by your thugs - but, with no immunity, with sane courts and combat exp shared with every participant equally it should be _a bit_ harder.

Not really - it should be under player's control anyway, IMHO. Rather, player should either choose to let tramp plunder given building OR move hum to try to extort from another building (which would probably grant lesser profit, plus waste tramp's time moving). This isn't the biggest problem... I'd say it is in the way of calculating amount of extorted money. Making lvl1 buildings grant, say, 500g per 12-hour protection, lvl2 750g and lvl3 1000g - would fix this problem without forced plunder.

There is a consolidated list of reported bugs, faults, disbalances and ideas, gathered from different topics on this board (english part). Bugs are only added to this list in case it is possible to reproduce them. Hopefully, Runeforge team adds some notes here, like "to be fixed/implemented", "unfixable", "considered feature".

Trade

- [defect; to be fixed] AI business management is simply awful. It seems that AI only takes into account current prices of goods (and its relation to base price) when picking a new production. Ideally, it should take into account a bit more circumstances: resource prices (if any) and production time, and calculate best profit (goods price minus resources price) per humanhours needed to produce it. Example: AI automated mine manager starts to mine iron when gems price goes red - this is not the best choice, because of the following. With handicrafts at 1-2 serf mines 3 irons per 1 hour; even at "green" price it's about 75g/hour. OTOH, [s]he can produce 3 gems per 3 hours (rather than 1 gem as described, but that's another story), or 1 gem/hour, which means at least 150g/hour even at the worst "red" price. Mines production should be rebalanced, but as it is now mine "AI manager" should set up serfs to mine gems only, no matter of the market price!

- [defect; to be fixed] Dynasties seldom run for offices. This fault is probably linked to the previous one: AI is unable to manage production well, so dynasties can't earn money for any better title than "citizen without full rights" or even "yeoman". Hopefully, this part fixes itself after prevous one gets fixed; if not, "importance" of title purchasing should be increased.

- [bug/feature; to be fixed] Market sometimes gets saturated with goods that nobody can produce on the map (this is import, probably). Maybe its impact should be reduced.

- [bug; to be fixed] When AI-guided cart visits some building to load certain type of resources or semimanufactures, it often unloads there goodies it carries to the market. In case that building is run by player, it leads to filling its slots with goods which are never sold. Possible solution: fix the script so it only unloads goods when at the market (and/or sends to resource-making manufactures empty carts only).

User Interface

- [idea] Complicated micro-management. Would be useful to automate a lot of aspects of the game. Examples: auto-train (over and over again); auto-sabotage (until building is destroyed or until damaged enough, with player message preferably); an interface to store and edit cart routes; automated resending gypsies and pirate ladies to a given spot; automated extorting money (over and over); automated assigning of PCs moved into AI-managed business to certain jobs.

- [idea] Quickening elections for the developed active cities. It would be nice for an experienced player to "turn off" animations and interface, leaving just questions to answer and removing delays between them.

- [bug] Sometimes (rather seldom) there is full list of possible PC actions shown as a long bar in the lower part of the screen during seats in Assembly house.

- [bug] Sometimes (not that often) a char manually assigned to certain kind of activuty (miracle cure selling, tending patients, or just working at some manufacture together with serfs) gets called to elections, runs for it, and instantly starts running back (with mini-icon of his previous action shown), which obvously leads to him skipping the meeting.

- [idea] "Reserved" slots in building/cart inventory.
    I don't like to make AI rule my business. In G1 it was easy to set up an automatic production without hiring a master: you set a cart to bring resources from the market and bring back crafts for sale. Of course, you had to set it buy a bit more resources than needed, so your smithy or carpentry doesn't stop because of having no resources. It finally gets balanced by itself. For example, you end up with 4 slots in your smith almost filled with gold, gems, grindstones and polish; plus 2 horsecarts - one with two slots almost filled with gold/gems, another with 2 slots of stones/polish. There is a slot at smithy to store production (gold chains), and a slot in each cart to bring it back to market. This smithy just provides you with money flow and takes no attention (unless some worker dies). Now, it is not possible in G2 :( just because resources and production share the same slots, and there could be more than one slot filled with given type of goods. It's ok during the day, while there are serfs working on certain type of craft (a slot gets reserved for it even if it is empty). At night it breaks down. Serfs leave the place, a cart filled with (say) iron comes, fills up an "iron slot" and unloads remaining to the "reserved" (say) axe slot. At morning serfs are unable to produce axes because of no space to store it! Buying additional slots doesn't solve the problem, just postpones it. Suggestion: make it possible to manually "reserve" slots in carts as well as in stores for certain type of goods.

- [idea] Load how many?
    In G1 you were able to set your cart to try loading certain amount of goods at the destination point. Say, I send this cart to the market and order it to bring me 10 bars of iron; in case there are less than 10 available, bring me as much as possible. This option is unavailable in G2! In case there are just 8 iron currently available, I can order my cart to bring me 5 max. WHY?? Who cares if there are 10 available now or not? Maybe currently there are just 8, so what? bring me 10 NEXT TIME! Suggestion: use the same interface (vertical slider) which is used at market when buying goods manually to set up needed amount of goods for my carts (rather than set of "1", "5", "10", etc buttons), no matter how many are available at the destination at this moment.

- [idea] Set up a trading route? How about editing it?
    There was pretty damn decent interface to edit trading routes of your carts in G1. Too bad there are none in G2... Sometimes I select a cart (to check what is it carrying, or just due to misclick), then quickly right-click to the ground for fast scrolling... and my trading route is gone, because my cart "forgets" about it and just starts moving to a given point. Suggestion: make it possible to save and edit trading routes some day?

- [idea] Bribe of 500, 2500 or 5K gold only?
    In G1 it was possible to increase "default" bribe amount by any size (from 500 to 10k gold), divisible by 500. In G2 sometimes 2500 is not enough, and 5k is too much. Even worse, when 5k is not enough, and you have to wait for a game hour to bribe again! Suggestion: use "market" vertical slider to indicate exact bribe size, with a step of 500 and maximum of 10k.

- [idea] Repeated actions.
    There could be more options to automate some mundane tasks. For example, Train task could have more suboptions: "once" and "repeatedly" (i.e. start to train again as soon as previous train session is finished). Bomb/Fire bomb task could have suboptions "once", "until sufficiently damaged" and "until destroyed". Also, in case this part is implemented, would be cool to receive a message like "one of your opponents' buildings is sufficiently damaged" (which means: ready to be captured).

Game Balance

- [disbalance] Robbers' camps are extremely overpowered as they are now. Waylay produces insane amount of money (about 11k per day for lvl1 camp with 2 robbers, without PC supporting them). This is especially true at low to middle game difficulty, where carts mostly run unguarded. Extort could bring you even greater profits at the late game stages, when opponents amass some 100k of assets (as it always takes 4% of opponent's total wealth per 12 hours, no matter of building, it can bring you ridiculous 32k per day with 4 robber barons extorting 4k each twice per day from different buildings of the same dynasty). Attempts to plunder building after rejected "protection services" offer can be easily overriden with another extort attempt. Possible solutions: a) limit tramps to carrying, say, 2+their_level items per invontory slot (10 planks of oak, let alone 10 bars of gold is nonsense for a common human); b) make it harder for a robber boss to avoid justice (by raising mediator/reeve/magistrate's Empathy); c) make every bandit in the gang of imprisoned boss to "lie low" for a while - i.e. hide in the camp and stop any illegal activities until their boss is freed; d) add a "recent extortion attempt" flag, much like "recently plundered" (with min-extortion iron probably), making it impossible to insta extort again after failed attempt.

- [disbalance] Description of almost every resource production lies. The best example is mine. It really produces 3 irons per one serf "run", which takes a game hour, and yields 19*3=57g/hour (base price). On the other hand, it brings 3 gems per "run" rather than 1 shown in description. This run takes 3 hours, however even 3 gem per 3 hours is 1 gem per hour, which is 291g/hour (base price as well). Possible solution: reduce gem production a bit (say, twice); increase iron output (a lot), silver/gold output (some). Set description numbers adequate to real production (for example, mining 15 iron OR 10 silver OR 3 gold OR 2 gems per 3 game hours, with description saying exactly 15/10/3/2). The same applies to other resource extortion (for example, serfs bring 9 pine rather than 3, 4 oak rather than 2, and so on).

- [disbalance] Crediting business. It is useless atm because of low interest rate and low chance to get credits back.

- [disbalance] Exp distribution. Right now a lot of actions don't grant any exp; or, in some cases, exp is granted to the main PC rather than to the immediate participant. Examples: waylay (grants no exp to anyone, PC included); attacking an NPC and making him unconscious (grants exp to the main PC, even if attacked by another PC or even thugs only); sabotage (the same); killing guards/bailiffs (the same). The latter could easily let player max out his character (every stat, that is) during just a few turns. Possible solution: share exp among immediate participants. I.e. combat exp should be shared among everyone involved (weapon drawn); sabotage exp - shared between thug and main PC, and so on.

- [disbalance; unfixable] Many maps need some resource balancing to make it playable with certain classes. For instance there are big maps with only one clay pit in the far corner, like Lyon, Macon and Belley; many maps lack any fish as well, even though there are rivers.

Other ideas

- [idea] "Last member of the dynasty".
    Not sure why was it impossible to court such NPC in order to join assets... Of course, courting an NPC right after murdering his/her relatives should be VERY HARD - i.e. way harder than just a few bribes (taking into account that gold gets joined as well, thus you can gain bribery money back instantly). For example, it could require some expencive gifts, which won't be returned to the player after marriage.

- [idea] City guards/bailiffs.
    ATM they are a) weak; b) numerous as zergs; c) respawn out of nowhere. IMHO it would be more logical to make them be hired much like thugs are hired - from unemployed serfs; and they should receive some training as well, making them serious opponents even for 3 lvl1 thugs per bailiff. This would: a) stop player from gaining unlimited exp; b) stop player from entering any city without any preparations with an army of 16-24 thugs and kill anyone at the central square; c) let player (who is really desperate for it) to dominate the city by slow and careful killing guards one by one until there are none left.

- [idea] Allied units reaction to attackers.
    ATM thugs, tramps and other armed hirelings use rather weird tactic to choose their target among enemies (guards, usually) attacking PCs. Sometimes they run far away even though there is an enemy nearby; sometimes they run away from PC while their primary goal is to protect PCs. It could be easily fixed. Any allied unit near attacked PC should complete a simple calculation: sum up distances between him and given target, and between PC and given target. Loop this over all possible targets; another (nested) loop over all PCs; and choose the target where this sum is minimal (so they attack closest targets, and always attempt to move towards nearest PC when no targets nearby).

Obvious bugs

- [bug] The game crashes. Period. Sometimes it crashes when you order your units to do something (attack, usually). Sometimes it crashes in the middle of nowhere: you don't click anything, just wait. Sometimes it crashes while loading a save - which usually means that given save is wasted (never going to be loaded). Rebooting the system doesn't help. And yea, I've got 4Gb of RAM and used /USERVA=2800 option in boot.ini. The only thing that helps atm is saving in several saves in cycle (I use 9 names saves + 4 quicksaves). Once certain save is wasted, you load previous one... and so on.

- [bug; unfixable] Carts rotating around Z axis. Way to reproduce: play until a city is big enough, the bug should appear at some popular route sooner or later.

- [bug; unfixable] "There is no valid path to my goal!" Happens after major combats; happens on obstructed maps like Alamannia. Sometimes after player attacks NPC; sometimes after robber waylays a cart but confronts a mercenary (in case robbers win, they are stuck and can't reach robbed cart).

- [bug; to be fixed] Infirmary bug. Many times, even roaming dynasty characters and any other get stuck in front of AI (sometimes even mine after a longer game) infirmary/hospital trying to "administer treatment". Its similar like the Cart bug, it can usually get fixed by calling characters, but its major game-play breaker.

- [bug; unfixable] Sound bug. Misplaced sound bugs around the game. Stuck audio. Like hearing birds in courthouse, upgrading buildings have random looping sound of something that code picked (bird, vomiting, clapping, crying...etc). Unstoppable coins_to_moneybag sound after building a dome in a populated place.

- [bug; to be fixed] Wrong guild delivery type. Becoming guild master allows access to purchasing supply crates. However it is impossible as tradesman/patron Master to buy the rightmost item (charcoal and herring). Instead you are offered the rightmost -1 product (wool and mushrooms).

- [bug/feature; to be fixed, low priority] When you hold the right mouse button on the market you see the top 5 of sales. The prices shown there are the prices for buying. This ranking should show the top 5 SALES prices but it shows the prices for buying. The same applies at purchases: it shows sales prices instead.

- [bug/feature] When you buy a building "from a city" (i.e. at the start of the game), i.e. a building that was owned by nobody, it could be purchased for a normal price (same as construction price). On the other hand, when you try to buy a building which belonged to a wiped out dynasty, something breaks in price-setting mechanism and its price suddenly rises twice as high. It often leads to a weird state: there are unused buildings in a city, but player has to build his own ones outside the city, just because it doesn't cost as much (which is no good neither for player, nor for cities).

- [bug] When you go to apply for a lower office rather than for higher one (for example, a city mayor applies for a magistrate seat - say, to swap seats with some another family member), dialogue opens and insta closes, PC then continues his attempts to apply forever.

- [bug] Fire bomb has surprisingly high damage radius, yet it never hits the thug who does sabotage himself. After placing the bomb, thug moves to a safe point - which is about, say, 20 meters away from the sabotaged building (assuming human height at about 1.80m). That thug never gets hurt, yet people standing twice as far sometimes suffer from burns. They could hide behind a high and wide building, but it doesn't help.

- [bug] Praise bug during sermons for the character. If you click the praise button and then cancel it by right-click, then the sermon starts from the beginning again.

I meant when you select robber's action to "ask for protection money" and it fails, he soon starts to plunder the building. NOW, in that meanwhile, before he actually starts plundering, you click him to walk away, and you re-select "ask for protection money" action, re-selecting the building.

Aha, got it! But that's not a bug, I assume? Or, maybe, it would be logical to set some kind of "recently asked for protection" flag, much like "recently sabotaged", so it would be pointless to override plundering after failed extort attempt?

I play on hardest, and AI-factions there usually amass huge amounts of money, thus, as I presume, Action "ask for protection money" takes certain portion (%) of dynasty's overall wealth.

Hmm, really, it does? Never noticed that - I play on hardest as well, but I play extinction only, so I never see any dynasty to amass as much as 100k (LOL). Moreover, they usually don't even hit 50k, because I start with destroying the richest and taking their possessions ;) No, I'm not a communist - it's "nothing personal, just business": why should I silently rob or extort money from someone so unbelieveable successful, if I can just wage a war against him and consolidate our business?

Anyway, this is a fault of JoWood team, I'd say. Amount of money demanded from a certain business building should depend on its size (/income) rather than on owner's wealth. It's like trying to extort millions of bucks from a little suburb McDonald's just because James Skinner is extremely rich :lol:

Unable to reproduce it... what do you actually mean by 'override'? No matter how many times I click certain building (nor how I click it - using pause and what not), I receive just a stipulated amount of money - 1200g max, not even close to 10k. Are you sure you are playing 4.16?

While Nirvana is considering candidatures for the "bug list manager" post, I start to expound my observations concerning mentioned bugs here (as well as ideas of fixing them).

I've never tried to start as rogue until now, even though I've player every other class and have built any other business building in the game at least once. I just despise the rogue class/lifestyle/ideology no matter if it is RL or any game (and yea, I hate such games like Thief or GTA). However, today I've tried to start as rogue for test purposes - just to check if this class is really as overpowered as people describe be. And, well, yes it is!

Actually, most of "rogue" buildings aren't really profitable, especially after you set AI to care for them. Extorting in the robber camp isn't much of the problem either, at least with patch 4.16 installed (no idea how good it is/was before). See, you can extort some 700-1000g per day per one tramp from some godforgotten farm, which means 1400-2000g per first level robbers camp per day. Heck, any first level weaving mill can grant you 2000g per day! Let alone mine, which brings you 5k per day (mining gems "manually", of course)... Of course, on late stages of the game you can extort some 3.5k gold from some goldsmithery - though, such building are usually well-guarded, so a plundering attempt after refusal of "protection services" often leads to tramp's/footpad's death.

But, "waylay" option is extremely overpowered as it is now. I've built a robber camp near the main crossroad, just outside of guard patrol route, and my tramps had to walk just for a few steps to harvest goodies, making me about 11k per day. Of course, it is considered crime, and often leads my char to the court - but, as he doesn't participate in robbery but rather trains in the house non-stop, putting exp gained in rhetoric only, so far he's never been brought in a verdict of guilty. This is truly ridiculous, so there are some ideas how to fix it.

1) A human carrying 10 planks of oak (let alone 10 bars of gold!!!) is something outside any reasonable limits. I'd say they should be limited to carrying, say, their_level+2 items per inventory slot.

2) Okay, serfs brought to the court as jurors could be dumb as a brick, and could be fooled with minimal skill of rhetoric. On the other hand, Mediator/Reeve/Magistrate should be not as blind! I'd say pretenders to this office should start with at least 5 in empathy, and it should rise with time, effectively sending robber boss to the pillory (or even imprison him) every now and then. And, indeed, a robber with rhetoric at 1 should be doomed to rot in a dark cell for 2/3 of his life ;)

3) Finally, I'd suggest every bandit in the gang of imprisoned boss to "lie low" for a while - i.e. hide in the camp and stop any illegal activities until their boss is freed.

Well that's kinda weird... I've got GF 9800 with 512Mb of RAM, and it shows no problems playing any decent shooters, like Q4, HL2 or CoD6 (MW2). Are you going to say that G2-Renaissance has more advanced graphics (and thus higher requirements) than, say, latest Call of Duty??

Thank you nirvana, this is more then we could have hoped for! I'll open a new thread, and in it I'll open up the "inquiry" who is best fitted (has most time + will be most active) for such role. You can then delete it (thread), when all is set.

Actually, I think I can try maintaining it. I'm dedicated economic management game player, I think The Guild is one of the best examples of this genre (and I would really like to see it balanced and bug-free), I can visit this forum twice-trice per day almost every day, and I've got some grasp in Lua programming (not sure if this shop/guard/dynasty logic is written in Lua though).

First line? :lol:There is no need for "first line", as your PC is the only attacked char after committing a murder in front of guards. OTOH, I agree - it would be rocking to see a line of 16 crossbowmen thugs nailing every guard/bailiff down before he/she reaches my char. Right now I can kill everyone even at central square of the city without fear of getting beaten by guards, effectively finishing the game on hardest difficulty against 15 dynasties in 17 turns (gonna play again and reduce this time to 15 turns or less ;) ). Still, atm I have to drink mead non-stop by "cooldown" because of damage done to me - my thugs with axes aren't fast enough to protect me from dozens of guards...