Beiträge von ChrisJason

Wow... I used 30 minutes to update myself from the last time I left... Seriously, I think mjsegaline needs to learn how to behave.. >.<"

Did I just missed all the fun???

P.S: Jacqvern, ignore that guy.. He is simply too aggressive to enjoy this game.. ^^

now now... let me reply to your post.. I would have to agree with Jacqvern.. This is a not a war game, if it is, why don't you go try build 10 houses and hired everyone in the city and attacked the bailiffs.. You'll never win..

Why?? Because it's OBVIOUS.. It's not a war game... You cannot use force to end the game.... And I've seen major AI dynasty ExTREMELY RICH!! >.<" almost 5 times my amount of money in the beginning of the game.. Around 500k when I only have 100k.. There's no way for me to kill him either.. He is always thug-protected... The only way I use the Cardinal to have him murdered.. But once I did that, the AI intelligent enuf to convert to my faith, and my cardinal become useless.. X(

I have tried no war game with 12 dynasty.. I never won that game due to bug.. But 5 dynasties die off by themselves.. And there's a plague in the city where I'm busy countering it until my bug occur.. >.<"

I know the AI have not been fixed to climb up political ladders, but they do conduct extortion if they have a robber camp.. >.<" And I've seen them financially rich.. The only reason they didn't win, is that I'm playing on Extinction.. If I were to play at mission 'Get rich', I would have lost already.. >.<"

Are you expecting a game that you get robbed/kidnapped/attacked everyday?? Cause this game relives those time of Renaissance and there's not so many war (as you name it) that happen everyday.. If you're hoping for such game, I supposed it time maybe you should write your own game then...

Zitat

Nirvana, the AI is still ridiculously passive. I play all my games on hard, and not one major crested dynasty has ever made a significant attack on any of my buildings or units. They are completely useless. I am occasionally attacked outside town by the minor dynasty's or the rare burglary attempt by the random minor dynastys, but outside that nothing. I dont even bother making thugs anymore because they are a waste of money. I dont ever need them because im never attacked by the major dynasties. Defeats the whole purpose of playing.

It's true that the AI are very passive.. But do you want the whole AI dynasties to start killing you every year??? That would defeat the whole purpose of playing then... That time you would be complaining why is the AI so damn hard... >.<" Let's just give Nirvana some time, this AI being passive have already been reported many times, I'm sure you have seen it reported almost every posts, and Nirvana needs some break too.. So let's give Nirvana the time he needs.. I'm sure he's doing the best he can already.. ^^ He is still improving this game in every patches.... i.e renaming the building.. Keep up the good work, Nirvana..

mjsegaline, if you think the game is too easy, then try finding some other games to play till Nirvana can improve the AI's abilities..

Errr.. It happened.. Just maybe the frequency is very very low..

I had some thugs from some minor dynasty killed my character before.. Maybe I'm too evil.... I was looking elsewhere, and suddenly "One of your family is death". I was like shocked and load back my savegame to actually see 2 thugs already following my character and strike him a little while later.. After hitting him down, they kill him... >.<"

I have seen several times they attempt kidnap on my character if left unguarded on open ground (no bailiffs and guards).. Even in the middle of the city, the thieves attempted to kidnap me before, only to be ended up dead...
    However, they're from minor dynasty... The one with royal crest never attacked.. They'll mostly blackmail you or charge you in court, and have the accuser to be guarded.. (not a big deal to me XD)

One very funny thing I realized...

I own a hedge tavern.. And I used my character to play cheat, by producing 75k-300k by the dice game... And the most I can get is 600k.. By getting low number on the dice for 4 or 5 times?? So I can earn up to 600k... And I got the record...

However there's this non-dynasty AI guy came in and broke my record for 627k... >.<" How the hell did he did that?? I have no clue.. So I decided to kidnap him since he must be pretty rich after earning 313.5k extra.... I search for him and found him with assets of 60k.. Instead of his 627k after winning the dice game..

That's the reason I disappropriate the infirmary.. To gain control of pain medicine, yet I can't decrease the number of Black Death affecting my city... >.<" How to make the disease disappear???

*sigh*

I can't play anymore.. The game at 1450+ become completely errr... bugful... >.<"

No one apply for post anymore.. I'm like the only 3 holding the top posts... With 2 person taking lease master and dungeon master..

The city became so messy with plague killing my people everywhere and there's no way to counter the plague.. or maybe I don't know how.. But my people are dying everywhere and I still can't find my thugs (from the previous post)..

And my cardinal is bugged.. X( I asked him to start a crusade, but after summoning, he just finish there.. He didn't walk off and start the hell crusade.. The whole thing just stop there and i have to wait 48 hours for it again... I thought I'm a cath and I can't get recruits as the cath churches in my Hamburg have been overtaken by me.. my scholar owns a prot church and my rogue cardinal is cath with a cath church (not active church), I try to sell my church and attempt to switch faith so I can get recruits for my crusade. However, when I press switch crusade, nothing happens.. It just appear for 1 sec, and then gone, nothing happened..

With no crusade and a murdering plague, which I don't know how handle, I even take over the infirmary with my Queen, they don't even upgrade to Hospital in the main city.. X( I took the Infirmary and upgrade to Hospital to realize there's a contant 30 person with black death no matter how I cure them.. X( Even with cardinal's supreme healing power, I can't stop anything..

Please advise..

I found something weird is happening...

1.Noble cost 12k.. ^^

2. Some thugs/thieves seems to run away when I asked them to attack a building.. They didn't attack anyone, just run away..

3. I placed my thugs and thieves on the highway on Hansa map to eliminate my competitors.. if they pass.. There's no guards there, easy for assassination.. However, after awhile, I checked back and my thugs and thieves seems to run off to the side of the highway.. No longer standing together.. If there's an attack on my characters, then maybe they'll help, but there' no attack buzzer or whatsoever.. They just happened to be at the side of the road, near the buildings..

4. I have a Patrician building, hired 5 thugs (the max at Patrician house), and placed them on the highway, but when i checked back in point 3, there's only 3 of them left.. Well, I assumed they got killed... So I try rehiring them.. But my house do not allow me to hire anyone.. apparently they are not death according to the patrician house, but I don't see them on the map as well as in my icons when I open the house production.. So I am lacking of thugs.. X( Where the hell did they go?

Zitat

1. Praise bug during sermons for the character still exists. Also, if click the praise button and then cancel it by right-click, then the sermon starts from the beginning again.

Only the praise?? Don't the libel has the same bug??? I dislike using my character to give sermons.. Just waste the time and I don't have enough time for 2nd sermon.. X( Praise button starts from the beginning if you just click on the praise button, you don't even have to cancel it for the whole sermon to restart....

I reported this problem before.. It's a bug.. The town will never get promoted.. I wonder if there's anything to do with lack of buildings or people in the town.. I played for another 10 years but nothing happen, and then I restart a new game.. There might be a fix hopefully soon..

Zitat

I've run into several instances now where my savegame crashes upon loading, and I've had to go back to my last autosave to continue playing.
    Not sure if it will help, but here's a link to my savegame which crashes every time I try to load it.

I don't know what might be the real problem.. I often get this problem.. And I have restarted my games countless time (okay, I might be exaggerating..)

A quick question: Do you always play in Fast Forward??

I don't know if it is a problem, but I tried playing with Fast and Very Fast, and only saves my game in Normal speed, the problem don't seems to appear anymore.. I used to play Fast Forward last time.. Now I only play Fast and so far, 30 yrs and still fine.. Let's hope it continue this way..

If you can, help me test and see if running the game at Fast Forward and save will affect anything or not.. It's just hypothesis.. Nothing solid.. Might need Nirvana to comment..

I can switch in and out, but the moment i click back to the town hall, it's set at the person not in townhall (my wife) with her icons button displayed at the bottom, while my husband is unable to vote.. So my husband just got stuck there..

nirvana

Here goes to another bug... One of my character in Hamburg is attending a political meeting.. And when the camera is locked in there, I get to control my another character and all it's icon appear there.. So when it reaches my that character to vote, I can't cause the (vote for someone screen isn't there), so I can't vote and the council meeting can't end and I can't control my character to get out of the hall at all.. The meeting can never end.. and the town that's supposed to upgrade can't upgrade either... 2 bugs since I started 4.164 that I observed...

nirvana

This is something that I realised.. If you checked back the feedback patch 4.162b, I reported this problem when I was attempting to kidnap someone... I was asking my thieves to attack the person ( he would be the 2nd guy that I'm going to kidnap), my thieves haven't have their kidnap ability cooldown yet, but I got them to attack him.. And then the error happen.. If I recalled correctly.. And it's been happening even since..

And then this time, I managed to kidnap someone, demand money (the icon is fixed), got the money and if you have watched the video, it's the day just after the kidnap, the error happens... I posted a picture on the bribe cooldown time on

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=173830&page=2

I highly doubt it has something to do with kidnapping.. Either my files are corrupted, or there's some problem in kidnapping.. Hope I helped some way..

nirvana and Jacqvern: Sorry for being a nuisance this past few days.. I just wanna enjoy this game...

Zitat

No, I'm using the same OS as well.
    Just a last idea: Did you install 4.15 before you installed 4.162/4.164b? Because the beta patches need 4.15 installed in order to work properly.

I went from 4.0 to 4.15 then to 4.162b then to 4.164b...

I think I reported the same thing in 4.162b... It's the same problem.. Stack file shows nothing.. Clean... *sigh* why does this have to happen to me?? I just want to enjoy the game

The kidnap time is 36 or 48 hours interval??? Come to think of it, I think it happen when I begin kidnapping people..

Hmm, if I change that setting, it's still save compatible right?? by the way, here the link.. I set it to private.. You need the link to view it.. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdhEIzKX9zo

I'm protecting it from public eyes.. ^^

I'll try changing the setting and see.. Inform you in a while...

[editted]

I just tried with Window XP SP3, don't work...The same problem still happens... I'm playing Hansa - Bergen, 1 ypr. So am I the only person that has this trouble??? I'm using a Window 7 64-bits, could it be a cause??

nirvana

There's still something wrong with my game.. I really don't know why.. I posted in 4.162b forum regarding the technical prob I have about the game closing on it's own..

Well, the problem still arise now.. It happen all by itself.. I used my lousy cellphone to record it down, but I don't know how am I going to post it here.. So I'll just explain instead till someone can tell me how to post the video to the forum or any alternatives.. T.T The game auto shut down even though I did nothing.. I just put the game to run and then it quits automatically.. I did absolutely nothing.. I reload, and it happen again.. and again.. I checked the error log and it shows nothing.. No error what-so-ever in there...

Zitat

The problem is that the callstack doesn't say anything usefull. Does the error also occur with a newly started game (and with the same frequency)?
    What version of the game (Steam, Download or retail) do you use?
    Are your graphics drivers up to date?

My friend pass it to me.. I'm not sure where he get it from... But I update it myself from the forum...

Errr.. This problem only arise in 4.162.. Before that, I have no such problem.. I have just downloaded the latest version.. Hopefully the error dun occur again.. and I have to start all from scratch again.. T.T

My graphics driver are up to date.. There's no doubt there...

Hope I answer your questions.. ^^

Oh.. sorry... The game didn't exactly show any error messages.. it just close by itself.. I didn't obtain any error code or whatsoever.. I did answer Killerhuehnchens questions.

Zitat

I'm using a 64-bit laptop and it's not midnight...

Since a few hours ago, I have been getting the error over and over again.. Please help... It seems to happen sometimes when I load back my save files...