Beiträge von Innocence

We don't see anything from your money. We were paid once and that's it

Sorry to hear that

Zitat

Implementing these bugfixes into our official patches would mean that we're responsible for any problems they cause

Good point, although the fix for the Marked, as I understand it, is actually taken from a prior Guild 2 expansion.

Zitat

What for?

Wishful thinking mostly :) I was hoping they might release it for the modding community, but no, why would they.

For what it's worth I caved in and bought the game on Steam the other day. That should pay for about 10 minutes of patching :)

I've read through some of the bug reports, and I'm pleased to see that players helping fixing some of the issues themselves. Could you please implement the actual fixes in the official patches, and make a note of this in the changelog? As it is, it's impossible to tell if a fix is needed or not. I don't mean the player made custimizations, just the scripts which fix actual defects - like the script making sure the Market will always have a small amount of vital resources (at least until the actual problem can be fixed).

Maybe some of the former heads of 4Head own something.

Sounds to me like you're not actually sure who owns the source? Wouldn't it be a good idea to get this clarified?

Through the years I've played Guild 1+Gold, Guild 2+Hanse Pirates.

All of them were extremely buggy at launch (lots of CTD's, features not working, pathfinding problems etc.), all of them received minimal patching and all if them were finally left by the developer 4Head and distributor Jowood in a state with serious bugs remaining.

The fan project add-on/patch "Back to the Roots" helped some, and I eagerly followed the development of Renaissance by fans of the franchise. I was surprised when it suddently went from being a fan project into being a standalone expansion of Guild 2 developed by Runeforge, though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

However, before I pick up yet another title in this series, I really need to know if Runeforge is in a better position of supporting the game than 4Head. In short: Is this game going to be properly supported until it's bug-free, or is history going to repeat itself once again.

Don't get me wrong: I really, really, really, really, REALLY want The Guild to succeeed as a game and concept. It's a unique and wonderful game - when it's working :)