Beiträge von kanashimi

So... Played a bit with the necromancer. I do like the fact that the workers only work at night, but any chance it could be changed so they get drunk after work and not just before their shift? With just 12 hours to work with, it's annoying to lose 3 due to your workers being drunk. Seeing that the crypt is a large building usually placed outside the cities (is it even possible to place it inside any of the cities?), perhaps the workers should make sure they arrive and are ready to begin work at midnight too. Not arrive around 1-2AM, then stand around for 30 minutes before beginning work.
    It would also be nice if the price for necromancer goods didn't plummet as soon as 2-3 items are on the market. It's not like wheat or wood where you produce 8-16 items/hour. It takes a lot of time to manufacture even the basic bracelets/candles and they sell for nearly nothing at the markets. Is this because they're artifacts? Perhaps I'm playing wrong and should focus on selling bones/skulls/ectoplasm? Seeing that I'm the only necromancer on the map, I just can't imagine these items selling on the market once it's saturated, and in 20+ games I have yet to see the AI managing a vault unless it's on the map and for sale beforehand. Very few of the maps I've seen (Usually only play the northern maps with water though) have them and they usually needs to be built.

That was all
    Regards
    Kanashimi

Right... tried starting a banker on the Danzig map with this patch. I didn't use Kinfers script as it messed up my mouse (for some reason I lost control of it from time to time and it started to drift to the top of the screen (I know... his script is for 4.164b)).

Well... after 16 years (4year/turn) I had made a profit of around 1k gold. That is from selling copper coins/providing loans. In the 16 years only a single person repaid his loan. On top of that, People don't queue in the bank like they do in the hospitals. Unless they're serviced immidiately, they'll leave. This means I have to designate a worker to provide loans at all times if I want any business here. Or my main character. Since providing credit doesn't give xp, this is a horrible situation.

So... What I would like to see improved in future patches (without using MODs) would be a bank queue that works, xp for providing the credits, and a chance to actually get repaid. It would also be nice not to have a banker hand out money to beggars like it was candy, perhaps this profession should gain immunity to them (I assume the 'derelict beggars' messages are from street beggars or something at least, although I never saw any of them near me. Or perhaps derelict begging is people not repaying their loans?). Finally it would be nice with a list of debtors in the important people list (along with a listing of how much they've loaned and when they where supposed to repay those loans). With such a list you could send your thugs to beat up or break the legs of debtors not paying (increasing their inclination to repay fast) or drag them to court and have them thrown into debtors prison/the pillock (fining someone in debt makes no sense).

A few other notes:
    Pregnancy duration appears to be just around 3 years when playing 4year/turn. Playing a female main char, this is really annoying.

The market started with 0 copper coins in stock, but after selling some, it wouldn't drop below 6 coins at any time. This meant every coin I sold after no. 6 was at around 80% of base price and it really cut into my profit. At the end of the day it was hard to make enough money to pay my workers. If the market defaults to 6 items of something in stock, then those items should be sellable at base price when only 6 is stocked there.

That was all
    Regards
    Kanashimi