Beiträge von Poet

Gawd what a cheat and an exploit and then it's people like this who will complain that the game is too easy or the ai is no good. What a cheater.

It's important details like his description of how he played that this thread needs.

Your snarky comment however not only is completely unhelpful but downright uneducated by actual gameplay. ANYONE who has been playing this game since release KNOWS the AI needs improvement on many levels and is in fact EXTREMLY easy to dominate on hard with no help at all from anything but the average IQ of a hamster.

Other then the occasional save game ctd I run ren for sessions of 12+ hours everyday even alt tabbing out for hours at a time with very few problems.

I'd say if you are able to run ANY game in this day and age for 5-6 hours at a time then your doing pretty damn good.

Win 7 64
    Quad Duo Oced from 2.66 to 3.2ghz
    8 GB Ram
    gtx 470

Grew to a free city with the latest war but the other three towns are all stuck at 170 pop and the lowest town level at - 200.

Since the other cities matter little in the current game I'm playing (5 Dynasties in Cologne) I am going to keep playing and see what happens.

My past 3 games were like this. Game 1, all 4 first gen born children were male, had to quit game at that point.

Game 2, adopted all 4 males and quit yet again.

Game 3, adopted 4 males and they have spawned 2 females and one male.

And about 100 games before that with all the versions in-between release and now were mostly born and random though have had runs of both. I have also gamed the system using saves/loads to get desired outcomes, although I had a run where that didn't work either and had girls 5 save/loads in a row. :)

If you haven't already make sure your running the latest beta (4.17b) version and have started a new game with it. That being said I have NOT encountered your bug, even in the original release version. I have had runs of both girls and boys however in various games but eventually my luck runs out/gets better.

Hey I only rolled for the house up to this point, I always just though the dynasties were distributed evenly. Totaly sucks now that I also have to roll for dynasty's now.

As for growing to the capitol first make sure when starting the game to note on the minimap that some cities START bigger by default. Now everything else I'm about to say is purely conjecture.

Roll for the most dynasties you can get in your city with you, my city is so far in the lead with 5 dynasties at this point that Capitol looks assured.

I always start as Patron and try and build as many buildings as possible as fast as I can while adopting my children along the way.

I supply my own city with everything it needs within my means very rarely selling at foreign cities.

I'm pretty peaceful until I become King. :)

Don't get other executed?

I have played at least 100 single player games of Ren since release and have tried most of the maps. I like to roll my starts on Castrum Novaesium with Cologne as my start city until I get the house right next to the market. Up until now the 12 Dynasties had been pretty much spread evenly across all four towns in my dozens of games on this map. As a human I would of course dominate from start to finish, building Cologne into the Capitol single-handedly, eventually becoming King of all I surveyed.

After many months of play I accidentally rolled a perfect storm of circumstances, this roll would be like no other in all my many hours of playing and horrifyingly enough will probaly mean I have to roll dozens of times from now on to get a proper game again.

FIVE Dynasties have started in my city and they represent ALL the classes!!!! I have just reached Cit with Priv, 4 business's (2 outside the city walls mind you) and almost the entire city is filled with Dynasty built buildings. Almost all the starter buildings of every class are there! I was also able for the first time EVER to purchase the Public House next to my house at the start of the game before the shadow people did.

I'm sure I have cursed my game now and something tragic is awaiting me in the near future but for now life is as good as it has ever been, in Renaissance at least.

On a side note is there any way to try and get the population to grow faster in YOUR town from within the game mechanics? I'm getting sick and tired of having to start a new game from scratch over and over again because another town became the Imperial Capitol.
    Thanks

PS The Imperial Capitol mod does work for me but not without putting 8 forges in my town at the start so that wont work.

Uns Englisch Stipendiaten könnte wirklich Ihre Hilfe hält uns auf Trab, was mods / ernsthafte Gespräche sind auf der deutschen Seite der Dinge passiert hier. Nur eine allgemeine Idee oder einen Link, um einige wichtige Beiträge, die Sie denken englischsprachigen Fans des Spiels auf interessiert sein könnten

Dank

Us English fellows could really use your help in keeping us up to speed on what mods/serious discussions are happening on the German side of things here. Just a general idea or a link to some important posts that you think English speaking fans of the game might be interested in.

Thanks