actual level of 'The guild 2 Renaissance'

• Special thanks to 'ratho' that I'm allowed to translate it into english!! There can be some mistakes, you could tell it me about 'PM' and I make it better!!!
    I don't know all words, and I'm would be happy, if some english people can say me it's 'OK' or I must correct it...
    For some translations I used the service of 'Leo.org'.
    And thank's for the people who helpes me with this translation...

Actual level of 'the guild 2 Renaissance'

New careers: mercenary, necromant, fruitfarmer, miller, charburner, stone cutter, banker/finacier,

New NPC: storekeeper, cannoneer, harbourworker, animals.
    New buildings: depot, stronghold, windmill, charburner hole, fruit garden, beehive, country estate, mercenary castle, gin palace, 'town house', abbey, parad ground of lansquenet(?)
    New options: Go to the war, as lansquenet, diplomat or finacier (maybe...)
    New productions: fruits, honey, farina, cannon (?)... and more...
    News: new (speaken) dialogs, empire-reputation, voteoption of year/s per round and the ambiance, maybe new sold for political people, milestones and topcross, (extra options) arrangments for carpenter and weaver, inland water navigation/transport, sold disposition labels, alternate of school and chapel by abbeys, new artefacts, better make multiplayer, new Hud (?), automatic routes (?), more fun to play, (new) rooms in country estate, gin palace, chandler, banc, guildhall, town hall...
    Bugfixing: pathfinding bugs and more...
    New maps (the maps from: Pirates of the European sea will be destroyed:gasp:): alpine scenery, pieces of austria, Seamaps, 'Fichtental/ Novaesium', lower rhineland, and more... (Maps: around double size of the olds...)

level: 5.2.2010

• ok.ich schick dir den ersten teil. da sind einige fehler drin. soweit ich das sehe.

• Because of this, I need some help...

Here more information (I think thats important too!!):

The map-editor isn't for newcomer in map-editoring, MoK means that we never want the editor and you must buy it from JoWooD...
    In 'Tg2r' are no new crests...
    You need the gold-edition or Pirates of the European sea that you could install 'Tg2r', BttR and SE are incompatible...

I hope, that some questions are clear, so that you don't ask the ren.- developers...

level: 16.04.2010 or in america 04/16/2010

• As far as I know, no... Maybe a developer has a better answer of your question, but I think that the ai-members of your family couldn't get married and haven't their own childs...

PS: Jellysnail: Where are you from? I'm interested for...

• Just wondering does this mod fix the problem where your children not in your group do not get married and have their own children? (or is this not a problem?).

I dont think so. maybe they dont marry someone because if your main character dies you can still marry someone with your new one but I really dont know.
    didnt thought that we would have so many english speaking people here. how do you guys play gilde ? with a dictionary on your knees ??

ps: as napi said no map editor will be released

• Australia :wink:

Aw this is disappointing to hear as I remember this to be a real let down! However they have added a lot of other great stuff!

I have been following renaissance for a short while, (not much to follow since everything is in German?) and decided to create an account here since they announced the options could be translated to English (it was very hard to find this option! someone should give directions :sarcastic:).

PS: How is the volcanic ash tasting? :beurk:

PSS: Think of how many more English speaking people there are just reading! (maybe)

• Ahhh...
    You're from Australia... Because of this in you entry over there still standing "Heute"(today") as date...

'Tg2r' is an german fanaddon, therefor all is in german...
    But in the english board of the JoWooD- forum you find the 'newsflashs' in english... Or on the renaissance- webside...

• Here you can find all official facts about Renaissance:

English board @ JoWooD

English version of our Project

I don't think that we will implement the possibility for not controlled family-members to get married and have children and stuff. The reason is simple: Since you can control every of your family members if you want to, your not controlled members could do stuff you wouldn't like - for example getting married or getting imprisoned or something else.
    Also if your family member marries some member of another dynasty, where will he belong to? To your dynasty or the other?
    The whole concept is too error-prone.. :/

• The map-editor isn't for newcomer in map-editoring, MoK means that we never want the editor and you must buy it from JoWooD...

Just to clarify this:
    I have never seen any offer to buy the map-editor.

At first you need the source-code of TG2 to use the editor and second thing is, that the use of the editor isn't very handy. And can you get the source-code of TG2? I don't think so.
    So you really can't use it - a dev told me, that the buildtime of a new map was around 2 month. If i make a map for StarCraft or C&C Generals, it will take me around 1 hour. So there must be really something different.

[SIZE=2]Retter des Fräuleins in Not
    [/SIZE]Gnädiger Besänftiger der knurrenden Mägen
    [SIZE=2]Zermalmer von Goldo und Zerstörer der Feuerwalze [/SIZE]

• Thank you all for your help.

@lapi

Zitat

You're from Australia... Because of this in you entry over there still standing "Heute"(today") as date...

Not quite sure what you mean there. :frown:

nirvana
    Thank you for your reply. Your points on family marrying into other dynasties are quite true and I guess I never thought about it too deeply. I had just hoped you could implement it so you could remove such bugs as you stated, but then I've never modded or touched The Guild 2 coding and would have no idea as to its possibility. As to those other English boards, yes I found them first that’s how I found here. This forum is obviously more active and contains more information which is why I opted to venture here.

I truly enjoy this game but it has always been lacking something, not to mention the amount of crashes it incurs. I am thrilled and cannot wait for the release. :intello:

Good luck.