Game stops when I move my mouse

• Ok, third support forum i'm posting this for support on this game.

I got Guild II Renaissance, fired it up and everytime I move my mouse the game halts. Soon as I stop moving my mouse the game goes back to working just fine. Even when I start a game, even setting it up, all the animation for the game stops and the mouse pointer disappears, when I stop moving the mouse the game goes back to normal operation and the game renders the mouse again so I can see the location. If I move over a button and click the button activates, etc but everytime I move the mouse the game halts all graphics.

I updated my graphics card drivers ati HD 4x, issue still happening.

I've got windows 7 64-bit, iCore 5, SDD HDD Raid 0 Drives, 8 Gigs of RAM. It should be throwing this game around.

I've gone through all th FAQs, read the forums and I am not seeing help on this.

• It isn't with other games, just with this one? Because this problem occasionally crops up, but it typically affects all games not just one.

It sounds like a driver or hardware compatibility issue. I'd try the following, in roughly this order based on what has solved this issue for other users (people with problems in other games):

Update video card drivers (and directx if you installed directx with the game, probably the latest change to your PC).

Uninstall/reinstall mouse drivers.

Disable various startup items that you don't need.

Disable various USB ports and especially unplug any usb/ps2 converter.

It could also be a windows UAC issue. Make sure you run both the game and (if possible) the mouse software in administrator mode. Or better yet, get rid of UAC.

--------------

Also check out your Device Manager, see if there are any conflicts showing underneath Universal Serial Bus controllers :/

• Figured it out, it's only happening in The Guild 2 though.

Uninstalled the ATI driver, scrubbed my system to make sure everything was gone, re-installed the ATI driver, issue still happening.

I didn't have any mouse software installed, so I DL'd Logitechs stuff and made sure it was installed proper and running in admin mode. Didn't work uninstalled software.

Used another standard two button Microsoft mouse, no software installed, started the game same thing; move the mouse everything freezes.

I have no usb/ps2 converter attached to my system

I have nothing starting up that isn't absolutely necessary for my gaming system, I went back through msconfig startup to double check. I started the game after killing iTunes sneakybitch, Google Crash Handler(Chrome user). Then I also killed Ultramon, I use it and need it but wanted to get back to absolute basics. Issue still happening.

I opened another tab of Chrome of this thread in another window and moved it to my second monitor. I wanted to read all the suggestions and make all the changes everybody had posted to come back with 100% tested that I tried everything, I was writing on the monitor with the game and reading the thread on my second monitor.

The last thing was killing Ultramon and starting up the game, didn't work so I went to click on the read window of this thread in the second monitor and I noticed I could move the mouse out of the game into the second monitor without tasking out of the game. Which was weird, then I noticed when my mouse was on the second monitor the game wasn't halting.

I quit out of the game, disabled my second monitor and fired it back up.

Game works fine now but only with a single monitor. The issue appears to be dual monitors, is the game not locking the mouse movement to the game?

• lol.. If you've said earlier that you use two monitors but maximize the game only on one of them I would've told you that that may be the reason :p
    Had the same issue too, but not with two monitors but Synergy (that's a program that shares input devices among several devices. I used it to use my mouse and keyboard on both of my systems, which caused the game to stop when I moved the cursor out of the screen.)

• That's wierd, never even heard of that and I run w/ 2 screens here at work and at home with a variety of "mouses" including a remote logitech and a couple of corded logitechs, all USB.

If you want to be able to dual screen (I can't not dual screen now, I'm hooked) I'd try running the game in windowed mode, that's the only thing I can think of that might help... go to userconfig.ini (not config.ini) and make sure the entry under gfx reads as follows:

FullScreen = 0.000000

• I tried the FullScreen = 0.000000 and the game was windowed but it had the same weird halting issue. When I shut down my secondary monitor I was able to play for a few hours tonight without issue.

Is there going to be a fix for the dual monitor problems, I would guess they all could be somewhat related?

• That still sounds like your monitor competing with resources with your mouse. It might be a problem with gamebryo even, but you'd have to try out another gamebryo game to test that.

Good time to install Nehrim (Oblivion total conversion mod) to test it :)

• I'll find the issue of what's causing it eventually and post my results. Maybe the dual monitor random issues could be added to the tech FAQ; even though it might be rare I doubt I'll be the only person to experience this.

And thanks nirvana, JackArbiter and LethalHawk for the replying, I appreciated the quick response form the developers and other folks trying to help.