Child Gender Bug?

• Pardon if this has been posted elsewhere, but I have scoured the internet and could not find information regarding this issue.

I have played several games of The Guild 2: Renaissance and have realized that 100% of my "offspring" in game have been female. No male children are being born. I do not believe this is a statistical anomoly, as I have tracked this female only birthing situation over 30+ births. The odds of getting all females would be astronomical.

After perusing some of the files, it looks as if when setting the gender of a child, the game defaults to female children. I believe a file is bugged which is prohibiting male newborns. However, I don't have the expertise to track down and edit the appropriate file.

If anyone can provide insight as to why this is happening and a solution, I would appreciate it.

• If you haven't already make sure your running the latest beta (4.17b) version and have started a new game with it. That being said I have NOT encountered your bug, even in the original release version. I have had runs of both girls and boys however in various games but eventually my luck runs out/gets better.

• I am running a fresh install of 4.17b for all games. Since my original post, I have played another game and could adopt males, but for 3 generations of 4 children (12 more newborns) I got all girls. This has to be something with a script not working properly.

Any ideas?

• My past 3 games were like this. Game 1, all 4 first gen born children were male, had to quit game at that point.

Game 2, adopted all 4 males and quit yet again.

Game 3, adopted 4 males and they have spawned 2 females and one male.

And about 100 games before that with all the versions in-between release and now were mostly born and random though have had runs of both. I have also gamed the system using saves/loads to get desired outcomes, although I had a run where that didn't work either and had girls 5 save/loads in a row. :)

• Ok thanks. I just thought that many "rolls" of female in a row was statistically way out there on the bell curve and thought it might be a bug as I haven't ever "birthed" a male child yet. Maybe next game I'll do the save/load bit for my 4th child if the first 3 are girls.

Thanks for the input. :^^: