Can't get multiplayer to work?

• So I can't get multiplayer to work i've tried uninstalling reinstalling changing settings compatibility mode running admin etc. My friends have no problem we run hamachi and I use to have Windows Vista but upgraded to Windows 8.1 now when I run multiplayer in Local Internet with Hamachi I can't see their games and when I host I can't see my name or choose my dynasty color not sure why this is happening any ideas? Am I missing some sort of file I need to download maybe? Any help would be appreciated. (I can run single player just fine with patch 4.20)

• I tried uninstalling hamachi completely to see if it was the problem. But it seems it is just my end that is the problem not sure why my name won't appear in the hosted lobby or why I can't choose a dynasty color. I tried disabling firewall and adding exceptions even disabling my anti-virus and restarting. One of my favorite games but it just won't work multiplayer now. I also tried re validating files to be sure it wasn't that and it didn't work either.