Is the Plague based on difficulty?

• Hi there,

I've lurked on various forums over the last few weeks and noticed that alot of people talk about the plague sweeping through and practically bringing their games to a halt. After playing several games since the Steam release, I had never really seen more than 5 people at any one time have it in any of my games. Normally I had been playing my games down on easy. I didn't think much of it because I had seen in other post that said it had no effect other than starting money.

This past weekend I started trying to play with Hard settings, and then it hit, plagues in just a few turns into the game. I started over at least 5 or so times and it happened pretty early in. I got the 4.16 patch later in teh weekend, that seemed to push it back abit. Luckily I got my scholar to level 5 by that time and could start to fight it.

Mainly I posted this to see if my thoughts on this were correct, is how hard and how quick the plague hits based on difficulty settings?

I would like to use this for a feature request also, hospitals really need to run at 24/7. When I have my scholar as the only person and have 30+ sick people rush into the building at midnight, I get overwhelmed and cannot do much. If this is an easy flag to throw, it would be a good work around at least till some of the healthy NPC looping back to the medicus and such are fixed. Then I would not lose nearly as much time to evacutations to reset the queue.

P.S. I hope I posted this in the right forum.:ange:

• the midnight medicus hassle is normal, you'll get used to ignoring it eventually :lol:

as to the plague and difficulty, you betcha. who wants to play on easy though :( .. difficulty, (i assume) is measured by how easily it will spread.

• Since a new patch might render a file useless, I'll just point you toward being able to do it yourself.

Go into your root guild folder, then the DB folder, open Professions.dbt with notepad, find medic and change where it says * * * 16 8 * * where *'s are other numbers, and change 16 to 24 and 8 to 0.

16 is the number of hours they work per shift and 8 is the time they start their shift, so you're changing it to 24.

If you like the rogue stuff, go ahead and change cocotte to the same thing. Ho's ought to be able to hook at night, you know? :lol: