Nobody applying for offices

• The Ai is not applying for offices above lease master and executioner. Though they have the proper citizen credentials and the money they will not apply for any higher offices. Those that had higher offices at the start of the scenario and have since been voted out will not reapply for anything?
    This is the Danzig scenario.

Does game difficulty have anything to do with how they apply and vote? I have it set on 4 the hardest. This is a runaway game for me on hardest setting as they don't even attack my buildings, everybody loves me as a friend and I can have any office I want except king/queen.

These games are always funny as the AI will do almost anything and everything to kill ITSELF out of the game (fight amonst the other ai players) and does nothing to me until there is only two factions left myself and one ai player. Kinda boring.

• I think this is on the JoWood forum board too, but it's definitely a bug worth having on both forums as politics is a part of the game a lot of us enjoy. I'm having the same problems as ravinhood. I have my main chars as Sovereign and Chief Magistrate while the Marshal, Bishop, Dungeon Master, and Master of the Guild (or Guild Master?) positions all remain open... and have been so for a few turns now even though there are plenty of residents with the qualifications. The only people that apply are, like ravinhood's game, applying for the Lease Master and Executioner positions, and even that's become rare. I actually have turns now where there is no council session at all, which was unheard of in my first ten turns.

Also, I wish that people who get voted out of office would reapply, even if they start at the lowest level again. It seems a shame to replace the Sovereign and never see her in office again. Besides her 30% tax rate, I quite liked her. ;)

Oh, and ravinhood, as far as I know, the difficulty level only affects the amount of money you start off with. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the other dynasties (both shadow and major) seem to pick on me quite a bit, but perhaps that's cuz my char's a rogue. His craftsman wife only gets beef if she joins him in fights, so I can imagine a boringly peaceful and non-competitive life for her if she didn't.

• Oh, and ravinhood, as far as I know, the difficulty level only affects the amount of money you start off with. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are ;)
    The difficulty level also affects the actions of the enemies. Harder difficulty level means more aggressive AI while low difficulty means hardly any aggressive AI.

• Thanks, Nirvana. Does the difficulty affect how likely they are to apply for political office? My game is on easy (I'm not sure about ravinwood's), so maybe that's why they're not applying? Dang it... I would've put the game on hard if I hadn't read someone's post saying difficulty just affects money.

• I'm sure you have a ton of requests, Nirvana, but perhaps down the road you can include in a patch a bit more AI aggresiveness in applying for offices. It'd be a livelier council if people were actually on it! ;) Good luck with 4.2!

• There are a few points open for 4.2, the AI activities are one of them (the others are the robbers, there are some problems I couldn't reproduce yet, the AI production (I'll try to make it a bit better, but I can't promise anything), some OoS-causes and a problem with the Medicus).

Currently I'm trying to setup my old development system on my new computer, which may be a bit complicated and take some time, so I don't know when I can make the next release ready.

• Just as a side note when I played Sovereign the mod/update for Pirates I had political offices contested all the time and the AI burned my houses, burned my businesses and even killed a few of my family members. The King/Queen AI even took ALL my businesses in one game.

One thing I had done in that game was set the config.ini opponent difficulty to 8 from 2 in that one and my gawd the AI tried to thrash me every chance it got. But, alas it also thrashed itself as well in duels and murders but I have to admit it was fun and challenging.

So I'm going to try a game with that config.ini file of opponents difficulty changed from 2 to 6 and see what happens in Danzig as this version of The Guild 2 is rather boring without anything happening.

• Wow, that sounded like a fun game in POTES! Ravinhood, can you do me a favor and post what your results are? If it makes for more mayhem, I'd love to know how to get that going myself! Good luck!

• Well the AI is applying for offices higher than executioner and lease master so far this game, but, not much anything else happening as far as attacking me and I have almost everyone non-aggression again like the other game.

Man if someone could take the AI program from Pirates of the Burning Sea:Sovereign modedition and put it into this game I'd be very happy. There's just no challenge as far as combat or burning buildings or even attacking my carts. I walk around uncontested and even put myself in compromising positions with enemy ai's that I haven't got to yet to get to neutral or non-aggression.

So I have a setup of HARD and a config.ini of opponentdifficulty set to 6 and this is all I get.

So the SOVEREIGN mod has been the best implementation of the Guild 2 series yet.

• AI aggression has been nerfed a bit if the AI dynasty has a small amount of members.
    This does not affect the problem that the AI doesn't applies for offices - this problem is present in every version of the game, even the Souvereign Edition.