History in The Guild 3

• If you think back to The Guild and The Guild 2 regarding history, which game matches your needs the best? Are actual history and historical events important for you?

Let us know how much, if any, actual history you want to see in the game!

I think historical events can help bring the game to life.

Let's say you were a patron, you have a dynasty built on brewing.

Suddenly there's an event saying "The Duke of Bavaria has enacted the Bavarian Purity Law" (Reinheitsgebot)

Your character is given the option to adopt this law (or maybe forced to if the game takes place in Bavaria) and as such can receive a bonus.

Speaking of history - The game should allow you to make your mark in history. Let's say you founded a brewery in 1402, you can become one of those great old beers, your character gets absorbed into history.

• Historical events are necessary for creating an immersive game-experience. The guild might have been a game which was based on its socio-mercantile challenges, so that the player got caused by the authenticity of this factor and the challenges brought along with this system immersed. But for me historical events were just a random popup, which amused me, but they were never involved any deeper into the game. So if u want to bring up historical input, u should consider them as major factor of involvement into your game. It is true that your landscapes and houses tried to follow historical correctness, but they were just a stage setting. Wouldn’t it be awesome to struggle up besides historical families which act like their real archetypes and overcome them with your own strategically acting on the market, to fight in crusades, in battle, to live a harmonic life in between the hard times, or even new innovations and their influence on the people which infect their daily thoughts and fears and maybe even their behavior.
    For example: The day before battle, everyone is the tavern and is drinking and talking, but only the victors come back in happiness and party on.
    Your game is pretty much all logic based in its own universe, you should keep it that way and even expand its reach. But the factor is historical correctness would give you a further better feeling of playing in a logic world. So add as many possible historical events into your game and connect them with every character in the game, so that the problems of the people from medieval times become the problems of the characters in the game and through your immersive strategies, become the problems of the player and he adepts emotions and is looking for solutions.
    Give the player the opportunity to change history through his actions, therefor you need the historical correctness.

• Well one thing that should be corrected is the location of the altar in Catholic churches, assuming it is the same as 2. It should be at the back of the sanctuary against the back of the apse and the priest will mainly face 'ad orientem' or to east towards the rising, towards the apse, towards God, if you will.

• If you think back to The Guild and The Guild 2 regarding history, which game matches your needs the best? Are actual history and historical events important for you?

Let us know how much, if any, actual history you want to see in the game!

I don't really care about actual history and events, i just want to make my own history !

PS: CAN'T WAIT !!! grrrr