[English] Adding measures (originally by F.H. aka nirvana)

• F.H. / @nirvana on Runeforge (March 28, 2011)

• Although this post is kinda old, I have been redirected here as part of my recent addition to the Reforged team.

It has come to my attention that the guide does not specify how to name the measure you are creating, and since that is useful information I believe it is worth it to bring back this topic to life for just a single message to explain the simple process to go through in order to name measures when you hover your cursor over them.

In the example Fajeth gave, the measure in DB/Measures.dbt has the parameter HelloWorld at index 4.

You want to look into DB/texts.dbt and add a new line. Following once again the initial example of this code, here is a new line you should add to this file:

17000 "_MEASURE_HelloWorld_NAME" "Send a notification" |

This line will make it so the string "Send a notification" shows up when you hover your cursor on top of the measure in the action panel, instead of only showing an uncomprehensible text to the regular user.

The first parameter -here being 17000- does not necessarily need to match the ID you specified in DB/Measures.dbt. However, it does need to be unique!

If you wish to add a tooltip, add a new line with a new unique ID and replace _NAME with _TOOLTIP. This text will make it so the specified text shows up upon maintaining right click on the measure in the action panel.

This should be it, if you have any question, feel free to let us know.