English version list of all Changes

• Hello! Since this is my first post I'd like to introduce myself quickly. I have enjoyed both Europa 1400 (Die Gilde) and The Guild 2 for a long time, and Just recently spent a few hours playing with this addon, and I have so far been enjoying it tremendously. I dabbled in necromancy, and established a banking empire (Fuggers? Who're they? ;) )

I used this addon shortly after acquiring the PotES addon, and consequently i haven't had much time to play the 'official' addon without BttR also being installed.

This leaves me in the occasional position of wondering exactly what features (beyond the new professions/buildings/crafted items/etc.) are included in this addon; I have indeed read the manual; however It focuses on the major changes and has less mention of smaller changes or 'tweaks'.

I was just curious if there was a posted 'master list' of all changes made in this addon, both major and minor, including those in the patches?

If it exists but only auf Deutch, I could probably muddle through a translation at least well enough to get a basic understanding; but this also would be assuming that the only difference between the English and German versions are the language used for text.

Thanks for the help! :)

• Hi and welcome Ironlion to our great Gilde2.de Community :)
    Good that you try to play BttR, you will love and enjoy it very much, I'm sure!
    Ok you're looking for a "Features List" on English tongue... but as you noticed by yourself, we just have a complete Features List on German, we didn't translate it to English. Well most features we called in the manual as far as I remember... I translated a part of the Changelog of Patch 1.2 but I don't know where anymore^^
    You can ask questions here, if you're not sure if a feature is new in BttR or not ;)
    Take care,
    Andy.

• Ah, okay! Well, thank you very much for your help.

It seems most changes are listed in the manual, from what i can see.

Though there are some issues with the translation of the manual itself... it uses inconsistent names for things in a few areas.

Its not that the translation in the manual is "wrong", but that it uses different translations of names than the names that were chosen for the actual english version of the game; for example the manual refers to "Myrmidons" who are called 'thugs' in the English version.

Mainly I just think its important that the names used in the manual are consistent with those used in the game itself. :p

There are some more confusing errors, such as the manual referring to the noble title 'viscount' getting the 'train children' measure, which I think is actually given at Landgrave in the game. (yet the list of titles in the manual does not make mention of a 'viscount' level)

• Yes, that might be that there are a few not-consistent translations of the specific names in the manual. That's because we hadn't a lot of time to release the english version of BttR and the manual, and so we were I think about 4 persons who translated the Text-data (of the Game) and the Manual, including myself (I wrote the original story on German, but I just translated a small part to the english language^^) so it was a little bit complicated to coordinate it. And we can not know the official translation of all the Features because we don't have the english version (and so we use a dictionary or the word we already know)...
    "pat" of the english city-builders community helped us und fixed errors, but he was just one guy who can not notice all details which are wrong... we can try to do it better in the next BttR, but a can not promise that ;)
    we'll try our best...it's very hard to translate it perfect...
    Take care,
    Andy.

• We can try to do it better in the next BttR, but a can not promise that ;)
    we'll try our best...it's very hard to translate it perfect...
    Take care,
    Andy.

Oh, I'm not bothered too much, I think the work you all have done on this addon is fantastic! Its one of the better efforts to modify ANY game I have ever seen, really.

And I suppose the name differences are not that much of an issue; after all most people playing TG2 are smart enough to figure it out :D.

• Oh, I'm not bothered too much, I think the work you all have done on this addon is fantastic! Its one of the better efforts to modify ANY game I have ever seen, really.

And I suppose the name differences are not that much of an issue; after all most people playing TG2 are smart enough to figure it out :D.

yes, you're right :)
    The Guild Community is great... I think for the next Addon we will ask a few more native-english-speaking guys who can fix errors in the engliush version of BttR and the manual, like I said it wasn't a lot of time before we had to release the EN version...
    Take Care,
    Andy.