So which beta patch is stable?

• Hello guys, got tired of playing Civ V recently so decided to pick up this game, since I really like the concept of the Guild 2. I am currently installing the game via Impulse and will begin to play as soon as it's done! :)

I see there are many patches floating around. The 1.162 beta patch seems to fix a lot of problem, but I heard people reporting it making the game froze. Is this an isolated case, or is this happening to everyone? Which beta patch is stable enough for me to enjoy the game?

I really want to play as either a banker or a doctor in this game.

Has the bank bug been fixed with the latest patch yet? And how stable is playing as a doctor in the game?

Thanks!! :arf:

• Thank you guys for the quick reply! Looks like this is a very friendly forum :) Too bad I don't see many people who play this game.....

It's good to hear that there's no problem with the bank, since originally I heard someone saying the line of credit function is messed up.

How about those unofficial bugfixes or mods I saw in the JoWood forum? Is there any must-have ones?

• as previous stated, the latest patch is your best bet, but there's still a ton of bugs. none of the old mods work. though some of them are easy to make yourself

medic works much better than ever before, since it's an integral part of the game.. AFAIK the bank loan is still useless, or the loans paid out are just chump change to serfs. i havent tried it lately.

not many people bought this game i gathered, because of Jowood's poor track record with Guild 2.. sadly, this game is no exception. :((