Office Income

• This is a simple copy and paste as I was suggested to do from the old JoWood forum on a question/request that I was curious if anyone could help with. Thanks in advance.

Hey. Firstly, I would like to think all the community and developer effort behind this game. I would like to see its continual development, and Guild 3 be developed eventually...and hopefully with less bugs =P. I only somewhat recently registered on this site, however, I've been playing Europa 1400 and the Guild 2 since both of their respective launches.

Now to the question.

I've been messing around with the script and what not, but one thing that no matter what I've tried I can't manage to alter and I'm hoping that there is some sort of way I can modify this or that one of you outstanding modders can come up with something.

I've been trying to modify office income so that the Highest 3 officers make substantially more than the other offices. However nothing i change in the file works and/or it crashes the game immediately.

I'm hoping for 1 of 2 things. The first being one of you can simply tell me what line where i need to change to increase the level income, or 2(preferable for coolness sake lol), a mod that lets the King change his income level and the income level of all of the other offices. I appreciate anyone's help ahead of time and can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Thanks again.

• Go to the file called Offices.dbt and text.dbt in \DB\ folder in your game root. Open them in notepad or any other equivalent.

1) Find game-name of the office you want to change like "Colonel" or "Bailiff"...etc. (Just start the game and look if you don't know.)

2) Open file Text.dbt, and search that term inside.

3) When you search it, you will notice its connected to the other term like:
    6372 "_CHARACTERS_3_OFFICES_NAME_Weibel_+0" "#E[NT_NEUTRAL]Bailiff" |
    That means that Bailiff = Weibel

4) Next you open Offices.dbt file and everything else is self-explanatory.
    Or in short, find "Weibel" line and find which row is for "income" INT 0
    and change it to something you want. 250 to whatever you want... Thats how you basically change.

Hope this helps.

P.S.
    Also note if you play in Multilayer, if you change any file, you need to share it with all peers. Or else, you will OoS.

• I have the same problem as the OP, the RedCommisar's tip doesn't work.

If you notice in statistic, you do get the NEW amount of gold as income, the only thing that doesn't change is the tooltip in the political screen showing how much you earn.

For instance, if Village mayor post is originally 500, and you change it in file to 1000, it will STILL show 500, BUT you will actually gain 1000. (Just consult balance sheet in statistic window)

• If you notice in statistic, you do get the NEW amount of gold as income, the only thing that doesn't change is the tooltip in the political screen showing how much you earn.

AFAIR that amount is written in the text.dbt. So you can change it there too, but it's only a visual problem.