Consolidated bug list

• There is a consolidated list of reported bugs, faults, disbalances and ideas, gathered from different topics on this board (english part). Bugs are only added to this list in case it is possible to reproduce them. Hopefully, Runeforge team adds some notes here, like "to be fixed/implemented", "unfixable", "considered feature".

Trade

- [defect; to be fixed] AI business management is simply awful. It seems that AI only takes into account current prices of goods (and its relation to base price) when picking a new production. Ideally, it should take into account a bit more circumstances: resource prices (if any) and production time, and calculate best profit (goods price minus resources price) per humanhours needed to produce it. Example: AI automated mine manager starts to mine iron when gems price goes red - this is not the best choice, because of the following. With handicrafts at 1-2 serf mines 3 irons per 1 hour; even at "green" price it's about 75g/hour. OTOH, [s]he can produce 3 gems per 3 hours (rather than 1 gem as described, but that's another story), or 1 gem/hour, which means at least 150g/hour even at the worst "red" price. Mines production should be rebalanced, but as it is now mine "AI manager" should set up serfs to mine gems only, no matter of the market price!

- [defect; to be fixed] Dynasties seldom run for offices. This fault is probably linked to the previous one: AI is unable to manage production well, so dynasties can't earn money for any better title than "citizen without full rights" or even "yeoman". Hopefully, this part fixes itself after prevous one gets fixed; if not, "importance" of title purchasing should be increased.

- [bug/feature; to be fixed] Market sometimes gets saturated with goods that nobody can produce on the map (this is import, probably). Maybe its impact should be reduced.

- [bug; to be fixed] When AI-guided cart visits some building to load certain type of resources or semimanufactures, it often unloads there goodies it carries to the market. In case that building is run by player, it leads to filling its slots with goods which are never sold. Possible solution: fix the script so it only unloads goods when at the market (and/or sends to resource-making manufactures empty carts only).

User Interface

- [idea] Complicated micro-management. Would be useful to automate a lot of aspects of the game. Examples: auto-train (over and over again); auto-sabotage (until building is destroyed or until damaged enough, with player message preferably); an interface to store and edit cart routes; automated resending gypsies and pirate ladies to a given spot; automated extorting money (over and over); automated assigning of PCs moved into AI-managed business to certain jobs.

- [idea] Quickening elections for the developed active cities. It would be nice for an experienced player to "turn off" animations and interface, leaving just questions to answer and removing delays between them.

- [bug] Sometimes (rather seldom) there is full list of possible PC actions shown as a long bar in the lower part of the screen during seats in Assembly house.

- [bug] Sometimes (not that often) a char manually assigned to certain kind of activuty (miracle cure selling, tending patients, or just working at some manufacture together with serfs) gets called to elections, runs for it, and instantly starts running back (with mini-icon of his previous action shown), which obvously leads to him skipping the meeting.

- [idea] "Reserved" slots in building/cart inventory.
    I don't like to make AI rule my business. In G1 it was easy to set up an automatic production without hiring a master: you set a cart to bring resources from the market and bring back crafts for sale. Of course, you had to set it buy a bit more resources than needed, so your smithy or carpentry doesn't stop because of having no resources. It finally gets balanced by itself. For example, you end up with 4 slots in your smith almost filled with gold, gems, grindstones and polish; plus 2 horsecarts - one with two slots almost filled with gold/gems, another with 2 slots of stones/polish. There is a slot at smithy to store production (gold chains), and a slot in each cart to bring it back to market. This smithy just provides you with money flow and takes no attention (unless some worker dies). Now, it is not possible in G2 :( just because resources and production share the same slots, and there could be more than one slot filled with given type of goods. It's ok during the day, while there are serfs working on certain type of craft (a slot gets reserved for it even if it is empty). At night it breaks down. Serfs leave the place, a cart filled with (say) iron comes, fills up an "iron slot" and unloads remaining to the "reserved" (say) axe slot. At morning serfs are unable to produce axes because of no space to store it! Buying additional slots doesn't solve the problem, just postpones it. Suggestion: make it possible to manually "reserve" slots in carts as well as in stores for certain type of goods.

- [idea] Load how many?
    In G1 you were able to set your cart to try loading certain amount of goods at the destination point. Say, I send this cart to the market and order it to bring me 10 bars of iron; in case there are less than 10 available, bring me as much as possible. This option is unavailable in G2! In case there are just 8 iron currently available, I can order my cart to bring me 5 max. WHY?? Who cares if there are 10 available now or not? Maybe currently there are just 8, so what? bring me 10 NEXT TIME! Suggestion: use the same interface (vertical slider) which is used at market when buying goods manually to set up needed amount of goods for my carts (rather than set of "1", "5", "10", etc buttons), no matter how many are available at the destination at this moment.

- [idea] Set up a trading route? How about editing it?
    There was pretty damn decent interface to edit trading routes of your carts in G1. Too bad there are none in G2... Sometimes I select a cart (to check what is it carrying, or just due to misclick), then quickly right-click to the ground for fast scrolling... and my trading route is gone, because my cart "forgets" about it and just starts moving to a given point. Suggestion: make it possible to save and edit trading routes some day?

- [idea] Bribe of 500, 2500 or 5K gold only?
    In G1 it was possible to increase "default" bribe amount by any size (from 500 to 10k gold), divisible by 500. In G2 sometimes 2500 is not enough, and 5k is too much. Even worse, when 5k is not enough, and you have to wait for a game hour to bribe again! Suggestion: use "market" vertical slider to indicate exact bribe size, with a step of 500 and maximum of 10k.

- [idea] Repeated actions.
    There could be more options to automate some mundane tasks. For example, Train task could have more suboptions: "once" and "repeatedly" (i.e. start to train again as soon as previous train session is finished). Bomb/Fire bomb task could have suboptions "once", "until sufficiently damaged" and "until destroyed". Also, in case this part is implemented, would be cool to receive a message like "one of your opponents' buildings is sufficiently damaged" (which means: ready to be captured).

Game Balance

- [disbalance] Robbers' camps are extremely overpowered as they are now. Waylay produces insane amount of money (about 11k per day for lvl1 camp with 2 robbers, without PC supporting them). This is especially true at low to middle game difficulty, where carts mostly run unguarded. Extort could bring you even greater profits at the late game stages, when opponents amass some 100k of assets (as it always takes 4% of opponent's total wealth per 12 hours, no matter of building, it can bring you ridiculous 32k per day with 4 robber barons extorting 4k each twice per day from different buildings of the same dynasty). Attempts to plunder building after rejected "protection services" offer can be easily overriden with another extort attempt. Possible solutions: a) limit tramps to carrying, say, 2+their_level items per invontory slot (10 planks of oak, let alone 10 bars of gold is nonsense for a common human); b) make it harder for a robber boss to avoid justice (by raising mediator/reeve/magistrate's Empathy); c) make every bandit in the gang of imprisoned boss to "lie low" for a while - i.e. hide in the camp and stop any illegal activities until their boss is freed; d) add a "recent extortion attempt" flag, much like "recently plundered" (with min-extortion iron probably), making it impossible to insta extort again after failed attempt.

- [disbalance] Description of almost every resource production lies. The best example is mine. It really produces 3 irons per one serf "run", which takes a game hour, and yields 19*3=57g/hour (base price). On the other hand, it brings 3 gems per "run" rather than 1 shown in description. This run takes 3 hours, however even 3 gem per 3 hours is 1 gem per hour, which is 291g/hour (base price as well). Possible solution: reduce gem production a bit (say, twice); increase iron output (a lot), silver/gold output (some). Set description numbers adequate to real production (for example, mining 15 iron OR 10 silver OR 3 gold OR 2 gems per 3 game hours, with description saying exactly 15/10/3/2). The same applies to other resource extortion (for example, serfs bring 9 pine rather than 3, 4 oak rather than 2, and so on).

- [disbalance] Crediting business. It is useless atm because of low interest rate and low chance to get credits back.

- [disbalance] Exp distribution. Right now a lot of actions don't grant any exp; or, in some cases, exp is granted to the main PC rather than to the immediate participant. Examples: waylay (grants no exp to anyone, PC included); attacking an NPC and making him unconscious (grants exp to the main PC, even if attacked by another PC or even thugs only); sabotage (the same); killing guards/bailiffs (the same). The latter could easily let player max out his character (every stat, that is) during just a few turns. Possible solution: share exp among immediate participants. I.e. combat exp should be shared among everyone involved (weapon drawn); sabotage exp - shared between thug and main PC, and so on.

- [disbalance; unfixable] Many maps need some resource balancing to make it playable with certain classes. For instance there are big maps with only one clay pit in the far corner, like Lyon, Macon and Belley; many maps lack any fish as well, even though there are rivers.

Other ideas

- [idea] "Last member of the dynasty".
    Not sure why was it impossible to court such NPC in order to join assets... Of course, courting an NPC right after murdering his/her relatives should be VERY HARD - i.e. way harder than just a few bribes (taking into account that gold gets joined as well, thus you can gain bribery money back instantly). For example, it could require some expencive gifts, which won't be returned to the player after marriage.

- [idea] City guards/bailiffs.
    ATM they are a) weak; b) numerous as zergs; c) respawn out of nowhere. IMHO it would be more logical to make them be hired much like thugs are hired - from unemployed serfs; and they should receive some training as well, making them serious opponents even for 3 lvl1 thugs per bailiff. This would: a) stop player from gaining unlimited exp; b) stop player from entering any city without any preparations with an army of 16-24 thugs and kill anyone at the central square; c) let player (who is really desperate for it) to dominate the city by slow and careful killing guards one by one until there are none left.

- [idea] Allied units reaction to attackers.
    ATM thugs, tramps and other armed hirelings use rather weird tactic to choose their target among enemies (guards, usually) attacking PCs. Sometimes they run far away even though there is an enemy nearby; sometimes they run away from PC while their primary goal is to protect PCs. It could be easily fixed. Any allied unit near attacked PC should complete a simple calculation: sum up distances between him and given target, and between PC and given target. Loop this over all possible targets; another (nested) loop over all PCs; and choose the target where this sum is minimal (so they attack closest targets, and always attempt to move towards nearest PC when no targets nearby).

Obvious bugs

- [bug] The game crashes. Period. Sometimes it crashes when you order your units to do something (attack, usually). Sometimes it crashes in the middle of nowhere: you don't click anything, just wait. Sometimes it crashes while loading a save - which usually means that given save is wasted (never going to be loaded). Rebooting the system doesn't help. And yea, I've got 4Gb of RAM and used /USERVA=2800 option in boot.ini. The only thing that helps atm is saving in several saves in cycle (I use 9 names saves + 4 quicksaves). Once certain save is wasted, you load previous one... and so on.

- [bug; unfixable] Carts rotating around Z axis. Way to reproduce: play until a city is big enough, the bug should appear at some popular route sooner or later.

- [bug; unfixable] "There is no valid path to my goal!" Happens after major combats; happens on obstructed maps like Alamannia. Sometimes after player attacks NPC; sometimes after robber waylays a cart but confronts a mercenary (in case robbers win, they are stuck and can't reach robbed cart).

- [bug; to be fixed] Infirmary bug. Many times, even roaming dynasty characters and any other get stuck in front of AI (sometimes even mine after a longer game) infirmary/hospital trying to "administer treatment". Its similar like the Cart bug, it can usually get fixed by calling characters, but its major game-play breaker.

- [bug; unfixable] Sound bug. Misplaced sound bugs around the game. Stuck audio. Like hearing birds in courthouse, upgrading buildings have random looping sound of something that code picked (bird, vomiting, clapping, crying...etc). Unstoppable coins_to_moneybag sound after building a dome in a populated place.

- [bug; to be fixed] Wrong guild delivery type. Becoming guild master allows access to purchasing supply crates. However it is impossible as tradesman/patron Master to buy the rightmost item (charcoal and herring). Instead you are offered the rightmost -1 product (wool and mushrooms).

- [bug/feature; to be fixed, low priority] When you hold the right mouse button on the market you see the top 5 of sales. The prices shown there are the prices for buying. This ranking should show the top 5 SALES prices but it shows the prices for buying. The same applies at purchases: it shows sales prices instead.

- [bug/feature] When you buy a building "from a city" (i.e. at the start of the game), i.e. a building that was owned by nobody, it could be purchased for a normal price (same as construction price). On the other hand, when you try to buy a building which belonged to a wiped out dynasty, something breaks in price-setting mechanism and its price suddenly rises twice as high. It often leads to a weird state: there are unused buildings in a city, but player has to build his own ones outside the city, just because it doesn't cost as much (which is no good neither for player, nor for cities).

- [bug] When you go to apply for a lower office rather than for higher one (for example, a city mayor applies for a magistrate seat - say, to swap seats with some another family member), dialogue opens and insta closes, PC then continues his attempts to apply forever.

- [bug] Fire bomb has surprisingly high damage radius, yet it never hits the thug who does sabotage himself. After placing the bomb, thug moves to a safe point - which is about, say, 20 meters away from the sabotaged building (assuming human height at about 1.80m). That thug never gets hurt, yet people standing twice as far sometimes suffer from burns. They could hide behind a high and wide building, but it doesn't help.

- [bug] Praise bug during sermons for the character. If you click the praise button and then cancel it by right-click, then the sermon starts from the beginning again.

• I've only recently discovered this hidden gem of a game. I remember years ago looking at the original "The Guild" game box and wondering if I should buy it... I should have then.

Anyways, onto the consolidated bug lists... I have started a large amount of games, got wiped by the plague... blah blah blah.. discovered there *were* patches (thanks, Impulse, for not telling me...) :grrrrrr:

So, onwards to the bugs that haven't been fixed. I always play as a Scholar to start, simply because it's the easiest to get into office early.

-I've noticed that there is no mention of the 'perma-pause' bug. If you pause the game via the Esc key for an extended period of time, and come back... the game will be stuck on pause and unable to be played. If you save the game, exit to windows, and reload... it's usually fixed.

-Most NPC's assigned to 'production' gain no XP. XP tends to only be gained via the special commands associated with the business. Some business have no special commands (almost every crastman business)

-as a Scholar, married a craftswoman/tradeswoman... bought a weaving mill and upgraded it to a clothing shop. I was hoping for more profit off of higher tier product, but even as an imperial city it would seem that most of the "noble's clothes" and the like are a waste of money to produce ( I actually would lose 300 gold per) - most likely related to the AI's terrible management of stock - which cripples their ability to acquire any real wealth.

-Certain items are completely useless to produce (purses, copper coins... sale value is far lower than base price)

-Gain believers worked amazingly before the recent patch. After the patch, and a few turns into the game... no matter where I click - the NPC and/or PC will always go to a different, random spot in town. usually right beside the harbours (where there is obviously no foot traffic)

-Guards still randomly murder people, I suspect that's related to the guard commander's disposition to the victim... if so, it's not a bug

-AI hoards various items for no particular reason. I've seen as many as 180 fittings sitting in one smithy on the sales stock tab.

Pardon the rant and any repetition... it's late and this game has taken away a lot of my time for sleep... lol - it really is an amazing game, even with the bugs.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post... there are at least 6 or so forums on the go for this game, and countless bug threads)

Thank you, runeforge team, for all your efforts on this game...

• -I've noticed that there is no mention of the 'perma-pause' bug. If you pause the game via the Esc key for an extended period of time, and come back... the game will be stuck on pause and unable to be played. If you save the game, exit to windows, and reload... it's usually fixed.

Maybe you "alt-tabbed" out of the game? If so, press "alt" again before trying to resume the game. Maybe that's the issue.

-Gain believers worked amazingly before the recent patch. After the patch, and a few turns into the game... no matter where I click - the NPC and/or PC will always go to a different, random spot in town. usually right beside the harbours (where there is obviously no foot traffic)

Gain Believers always worked only properly if the church isn't controlled by AI, because instead the AI decides where to send the employees to.

The other bugs are well known and confirmed. :/

• [bug/feature] When you buy a building "from a city" (i.e. at the start of the game), i.e. a building that was owned by nobody, it could be purchased for a normal price (same as construction price). On the other hand, when you try to buy a building which belonged to a wiped out dynasty, something breaks in price-setting mechanism and its price suddenly rises twice as high. It often leads to a weird state: there are unused buildings in a city, but player has to build his own ones outside the city, just because it doesn't cost as much (which is no good neither for player, nor for cities).

This is because the used buildings for sale have a lot of materials in their inventories as well as multiple workers so the price is base price plus value of all items in stock.

Thats why people capture mines and sell them again, because they usually have tons of gems and gold stocked up.

- [idea] "Last member of the dynasty".
    Not sure why was it impossible to court such NPC in order to join assets... Of course, courting an NPC right after murdering his/her relatives should be VERY HARD - i.e. way harder than just a few bribes (taking into account that gold gets joined as well, thus you can gain bribery money back instantly). For example, it could require some expencive gifts, which won't be returned to the player after marriage.

Well if your in a game of extinction and there is only one dynasty member left and you marry them, they become your dynasty and the other one is lost. I like the idea it wont let you marry them, I want to see them come back from near extinction, not just give in to your marrige request they should be trying to rebuild too survive their dynasty on.

- [idea] Allied units reaction to attackers.
    ATM thugs, tramps and other armed hirelings use rather weird tactic to choose their target among enemies (guards, usually) attacking PCs. Sometimes they run far away even though there is an enemy nearby; sometimes they run away from PC while their primary goal is to protect PCs. It could be easily fixed. Any allied unit near attacked PC should complete a simple calculation: sum up distances between him and given target, and between PC and given target. Loop this over all possible targets; another (nested) loop over all PCs; and choose the target where this sum is minimal (so they attack closest targets, and always attempt to move towards nearest PC when no targets nearby).

I hate how slow allies are to react to a fight. They draw their weapons slowly and not all at once, sometimes taking 3 seconds to join in. ALOT of times you dont even see their weapons drawn. I think some serious work needs to be done here as its glitchy and slow.

- [bug] The game crashes. Period. Sometimes it crashes when you order your units to do something (attack, usually). Sometimes it crashes in the middle of nowhere: you don't click anything, just wait. Sometimes it crashes while loading a save - which usually means that given save is wasted (never going to be loaded). Rebooting the system doesn't help. And yea, I've got 4Gb of RAM and used /USERVA=2800 option in boot.ini. The only thing that helps atm is saving in several saves in cycle (I use 9 names saves + 4 quicksaves). Once certain save is wasted, you load previous one... and so on.

My game used to crash ALL the time.
    - During saves
    - Loading games
    - At the end of the year when the screen goes black
    - Randonly throughout the game play

Go here and follow this faq
    http://forum.runeforge-game-studio.c...ead.php?t=4076
    (it was given to me in anthor post i made)

IT HAS FIXED ALL CRASHES I HAVE NOT HAD ONE NOW IN 50+ hours of gameplay!!!

As for perma pause on esc and gain believers I can confirm what Nirvana has said.

Take church off AI and do gain believers it works fine

when perma paused after hitting esc hit "alt" again then esc and it will unpause.

• LTP - unfortunately you did not quote the appropriate person... =/ Just wanted to put that out there... :smile: Everything you quoted me as saying - Gray said.