What Makes Other Dynasties Angry?

• I set up some road tolls and I can't remember if my favor with other families normally goes down this much. Does charging tolls make other families angry at you? Or is there just a very rapid degradation over time? I think I'm in year 3 and I'm being feuded by 4 or 5 families, which totally isn't worth it since I'd like to get into politics and the local sovereign hates me already.

What else does this? Pickpocketing made me wonder this same thing.

• I am almost 100% sure that tolls cause people to dislike you. I tried it several times in one game and maybe 2-4 people a year went from nuetral to fued.

Pickpocketing will cause them to hate you only if they get caught pickpocketing and stay and fight it out instead of running back to the thieves hideout.

With this new beta patch I have found my thieves staying and fighting (and dieing) a lot more than running away back to the thieves hideout.

• Well, I don't know about you guys, but I noticed that when I smacked the Bishop down in front of his mother they both got very angry and the guards made swift work of my thieves in the market.... silly mis-click cost me 4 lvl 5 pickpockets... in chain w/ short-swords. :(

On a serious note though, road tolls are NEVER going to make people happy with you. However, later on... when you get the halberd improvement on your Mercenary Castle (or Fortress?) you can offer protection to any family that has a feud. (different then extorting with bandits) If you select multiple mercenaries you can assign upwards of 5 merc's to one place at 500 gold per rank of the building. I've found that if you do this with someone that has a feud with you, it will default your relationship back up to neutral. It may improve it if your merc's prevent a sabotage or burglary attempt. However, extorting with Bandits will obviously cause an adverse effect to this (despite the profit!) :biggrin:

List of 'hateful' things:
    -bombs
    -firebombs
    -poisoning wells (if caught)
    -failed bribes (attempting to bribe a righteous person, basically)
    -assaults (if you flee, sometimes they won't count as evidence... if it doesn't it will cause less hate)
    -battery (breaking the downed dynasty members bones)
    -robbery (stealing from downed dynasty member)
    -libel (as opposed to 'praise' during a sermon)
    -defamation of character (bulletins)
    -character assassination (town crier)
    -Waylaying (the owner of the cart's dynasty)
    -Collecting hush-money (I think, I haven't experimented with this one yet... usually I end up murdering any rogues I see so they don't last long enough for me to experiment)
    -insulting (however usually the issue is cleared if a duel is provoked)
    -torturing/breaking will (obvious reason)
    -capturing buildings
    -tolls
    -being of ill-repute (IE: Walking Nightmare)
    -competing in politics
    -murder
    -divorce will lower favour with the shadow dynasty character and any family they may have
    -salacious service (not too sure on this one, but when the guards decided to randomly slap my girls around in the town square, I concluded this is considered a 'negative' action... I could have hit theif service instead though...) :sleep: this game tends to rob sleep from you and cause you to make silly mistakes sometimes.
    -thief service if caught
    -pick-pocketing if caught
    -kidnapping

.... Essentially anything that is a detriment to another Dynasty and/or creates evidence.

If you'll really bent on being a rogue to start, the only real 'legit' way to make money is vagabonds or a tavern... however do not use salacious service or thief service with the tavern. (better off with vagabonds)

Pardon the rant. I think that's about as comprehensive of a list you can ask for... don't know if you were looking for more details. This is all based on what I have noticed in game play... I could be wrong as far as the actual mechanics of the game work on some actions... (I honestly don't know about salacious service)

As to the Beta patch and thieves staying and fighting it out - the only way for them to patch the weird "Player employee controlled by AI auto-attack target<hostile>, after running around in 20 circles" script was to cause all employees to choose to stand and fight more often via making a more direct targeting script.

TL;DR - If it has a negative impact on anyone in the community of any kind, odds are it will lower favour. Nothing male/female double perfume attack at both Cath. and Prot. masses as well is market and city center won't fix up though.

• ! Thank you. Very much. I wish you could add thanks on this forum for posts and not just topics.

I think salacious services doesn't make people angry... but I'm going to go test that now. I know it has a random effect on clients including -50 hp, +50 hp, and other things out of a random list (found the list once while poking around in the game's scripts). So it may depend on which effect the client gets.

• Hah... for all of its bugs this game is still awesome. Reading that list just reminds me of how ambitious The Guild really is.

Anyway, when I play as an alchemist I poison the well very often. I will have to keep a close eye and see how other dynasties react. I'm also going to have to share this list with my wife because even though she tries her hardest to play a nice, legitimate crafts-person, she always ends up in feuds with other dynasties.

It's particularly funny because I usually play a rogue and am on fairly good terms with other dynasties. This probably has something to do with my constant politicking, though.

• Well a lot of that is targeted and pickpocketing, for instance, only brings it down slowly as you have to be targeting and you have to get caught.

Road tolls make everyone hate you extremely fast. I haven't seen anything quite like it. I wish you could target specific people, or maybe carts from other villages rather than your own. But that's getting a bit out there.

• Thank you for the thanks, Jack Arbiter. Yea, I figured salacious service was a stretch to add. I'll have to start with a tavern rogue next game, and not mis-click to thief's service if that was the case.

General Chaos, I could have been wrong on that one also. The only Alchemist I made was pre-patching on G2R. I was a guild noob back then and probably did it in front of a guard or bailiff. And yea, writing that list made me appreciate the Guild 2 *that* much more. :biggrin:

edit: random typo's.