Feedback Patch 4.164b

• 1. Church business > when sermon is given by a character and he/she gives a praise to someone, the sermon progress bar (blue) becomes 0 and the character starts the sermon from beginning. So if she performs the sermon for like 2 hours from the total 4, and praises someone, she continues for another 4 hours from the praise, so total length of sermon comes to 6, 7, 8 hours.
    That does not happen with the priests/employees giving the sermon. They praise and the sermon continues normally.

That is indeed an exploit, that is still in a game many patches behind, I wonder why no one reported it yet! Maybe because its minor/micromanaging and slightly beneficial, also you reset the cooldown timer.

2. The change in names works ok, both for house and business, as far as I tried it.

Unfortunately it doesn't work in Multilayer.

• Jacqvern: According your fifth point. The game hates to save settings such as custom names for king/queen or citizens having only english names after some reloads. The rollback to standard doesn't happen everytime and isn't just since Renaissance but from scratch.

Well, I wasn't the one who changed the names :)
    In fact up to the beta 4162 I have never see the names like that again, they were always King/Queen. So I thought that they were changed for this beta version, 4164.

As for the sermon thing, I do not recall seeing it in the other beta versions or the 4.15. Maybe it happenned, but I think I would have observed it before.

:)

• Also, annoying thing is, when whores and mercenaries get their money, pop-ups about income never happen (whores) or they happen above your main character (mercenaries). Which is annoying, not knowing how profitable it is, looking that statistics don't show it.

P.S.

Additionally, in map North Sea, in Hamburg, you can build over its arsenal!

P.P.S.

When you click away when in middle of choosing the severity of the law, it get reseted, and not changed!

• nirvana

There's still something wrong with my game.. I really don't know why.. I posted in 4.162b forum regarding the technical prob I have about the game closing on it's own..

Well, the problem still arise now.. It happen all by itself.. I used my lousy cellphone to record it down, but I don't know how am I going to post it here.. So I'll just explain instead till someone can tell me how to post the video to the forum or any alternatives.. T.T The game auto shut down even though I did nothing.. I just put the game to run and then it quits automatically.. I did absolutely nothing.. I reload, and it happen again.. and again.. I checked the error log and it shows nothing.. No error what-so-ever in there...

• Hmm, if I change that setting, it's still save compatible right?? by the way, here the link.. I set it to private.. You need the link to view it.. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdhEIzKX9zo

I'm protecting it from public eyes.. ^^

I'll try changing the setting and see.. Inform you in a while...

[editted]

I just tried with Window XP SP3, don't work...The same problem still happens... I'm playing Hansa - Bergen, 1 ypr. So am I the only person that has this trouble??? I'm using a Window 7 64-bits, could it be a cause??

• I just tried with Window XP SP3, don't work...The same problem still happens... I'm playing Hansa - Bergen, 1 ypr. So am I the only person that has this trouble??? I'm using a Window 7 64-bits, could it be a cause??

No, I'm using the same OS as well.
    Just a last idea: Did you install 4.15 before you installed 4.162/4.164b? Because the beta patches need 4.15 installed in order to work properly.

• Zitat

No, I'm using the same OS as well.
    Just a last idea: Did you install 4.15 before you installed 4.162/4.164b? Because the beta patches need 4.15 installed in order to work properly.

I went from 4.0 to 4.15 then to 4.162b then to 4.164b...

I think I reported the same thing in 4.162b... It's the same problem.. Stack file shows nothing.. Clean... *sigh* why does this have to happen to me?? I just want to enjoy the game

The kidnap time is 36 or 48 hours interval??? Come to think of it, I think it happen when I begin kidnapping people..

• nirvana

This is something that I realised.. If you checked back the feedback patch 4.162b, I reported this problem when I was attempting to kidnap someone... I was asking my thieves to attack the person ( he would be the 2nd guy that I'm going to kidnap), my thieves haven't have their kidnap ability cooldown yet, but I got them to attack him.. And then the error happen.. If I recalled correctly.. And it's been happening even since..

And then this time, I managed to kidnap someone, demand money (the icon is fixed), got the money and if you have watched the video, it's the day just after the kidnap, the error happens... I posted a picture on the bribe cooldown time on

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=173830&page=2

I highly doubt it has something to do with kidnapping.. Either my files are corrupted, or there's some problem in kidnapping.. Hope I helped some way..

nirvana and Jacqvern: Sorry for being a nuisance this past few days.. I just wanna enjoy this game...

• ChrisJason,

It's ok by me. If I can help, I'm glad to.
    I'm not an expert, but if I can I try to help, as I was helped by others. Poor Nirvana is very pressed with making the patches and all the forums and the bugs reports, and the questions from all of us. And the day has only 24 hours unfortunately :D

• nirvana

Here goes to another bug... One of my character in Hamburg is attending a political meeting.. And when the camera is locked in there, I get to control my another character and all it's icon appear there.. So when it reaches my that character to vote, I can't cause the (vote for someone screen isn't there), so I can't vote and the council meeting can't end and I can't control my character to get out of the hall at all.. The meeting can never end.. and the town that's supposed to upgrade can't upgrade either... 2 bugs since I started 4.164 that I observed...

• So when it reaches my that character to vote, I can't cause the

Unable to reproduce it... usually you can switch in and out of Assembly hall freely, and you get vote window when you are controlling any char other than one that has to vote right now.

Nirvana, maybe it is reasonable to attach a savegame to debug such cases? Not sure though if you can attach a 10Mb savegame to a forum like this...

• I can switch in and out, but the moment i click back to the town hall, it's set at the person not in townhall (my wife) with her icons button displayed at the bottom, while my husband is unable to vote.. So my husband just got stuck there..

• Zitat

I've run into several instances now where my savegame crashes upon loading, and I've had to go back to my last autosave to continue playing.
    Not sure if it will help, but here's a link to my savegame which crashes every time I try to load it.

I don't know what might be the real problem.. I often get this problem.. And I have restarted my games countless time (okay, I might be exaggerating..)

A quick question: Do you always play in Fast Forward??

I don't know if it is a problem, but I tried playing with Fast and Very Fast, and only saves my game in Normal speed, the problem don't seems to appear anymore.. I used to play Fast Forward last time.. Now I only play Fast and so far, 30 yrs and still fine.. Let's hope it continue this way..

If you can, help me test and see if running the game at Fast Forward and save will affect anything or not.. It's just hypothesis.. Nothing solid.. Might need Nirvana to comment..