Guard model bug

• Something really dangerous should have happened with that guardsman's head...

P.S. Sorry for posting here rather than in bugtracker, but I didn't manage to figure out how to attach screenshots there.

I noticed something similar on !certain! maps, especially for main dynasty character. We usually rehost the game again, fixing it. I think it has something to do with GPU overheating.

• These bugs occur if either you GPU (graphic card) becomes too hot, if the driver hasn't enough memory available or if there is a bug with the graphic driver. But most times it's the first case. Use a program like Lavalys Everest to find out the temperature which raises while gaming and shouldn't be higher than 80°C for a long time (over 100°C is killing most cards quickly. But most cards reduce their clockings to cool down or switch themselves off leading to a reboot).

• Well that's kinda weird... I've got GF 9800 with 512Mb of RAM, and it shows no problems playing any decent shooters, like Q4, HL2 or CoD6 (MW2). Are you going to say that G2-Renaissance has more advanced graphics (and thus higher requirements) than, say, latest Call of Duty??

• The graphics quality doesn't have much to do with the power consumption.
    But your problem isn't caused by overheating (at least the symptoms are not right), the Gamebryo engine used with Guild 2 is a bit old now and must be treated like a lady..
    If this bug happens more often to you maybe updating your graphics drivers may help a bit.