[Deutsch/English] Spenden // Donate

• Paypal-Link (Fajeth) : Click Me
    (Wegen Gebühren bitte ab 1€)

Warum plötzlich Spenden?
    Hallo liebe Freunde!
    In der Vergangenheit wurde ich schon mehrmals gefragt, ob man nicht für mich/ die Mod "spenden", also finanziell unterstützen könnte. Mehrmals habe ich dies verneint, nicht so sehr aus Aufwand-Nutzen-Überlegungen, sondern, weil ich schließlich freiwillig in meiner Freizeit mache, was mir Spaß macht, nämlich eines meiner absoluten Lieblingsspiele noch besser zu machen. Diese Arbeit dann auch noch mit Menschen zu teilen, die das Spiel fast ebenso lieben wie ich selbst, ist einfach großartig.

Mods sollen kostenlos sein, frei zugänglich und mit allen geteilt werden, mit denen ihr sie teilen wollt - und an diesem Grundgedanken soll sich auch in Zukunft nichts ändern. Es gibt zum Beispiel wohl Modder, die sich für ihre Arbeit tatsächlich bezahlen lassen, bzw. deren Arbeiten nur über eine Paywall zugänglich sind. Sowas wäre nichts für mich. So einen Anspruch habe ich auch gar nicht. Ich will weiter in meiner Freizeit basteln, ausprobieren, über den Haufen werfen, gerade so wie mir die Nase gewachsen ist - dafür eine Bezahlung verlangen, wäre meiner Meinung nach ein Unding. Jeder weiß, worauf er sich einlässt, wenn er eine kostenlose Mod herunterlädt, vor allem eine, die noch nicht völlig fertiggestellt ist.

Wenn ihr trotz all dem aber immer noch den Wunsch verspürt, mir persönlich eine Kleinigkeit auszugeben, dann habt ihr nun die Gelegenheit dazu und ein riesiges Dankeschön meinerseits! Ich möchte jedoch eindringlich darauf hinweisen, dass diese Mod niemals so großartig geworden wäre, hätte ich nicht die tolle Unterstützung durch andere Modder oder Teammitglieder gehabt. Und ohne euer zahlreiches Feedback und die jahrelange moralische Unterstützung, hätte ich bestimmt nicht diese tausende von Arbeitsstunden aufgebracht. Eure Spende kann an dieser Stelle daher gar nicht all diejenigen erreichen, die sie verdient hätten. Insbesondere ThreeOfMe muss ich hier als jahrelangen Partner im Scripting hervorheben (bekannt aus seiner TradeWarPolitics Mod, bzw. seinen Handelsrouten, die auch in der MegaMod verwendet werden). Nicht nur, dass er über Jahre hinweg Communitysupport geleistet hat, er unterstützt mich bis heute bei meinen eigenen Scriptingfragen und Ideen.
    Ich kann daher nur jedem ans Herz legen, mit den Moddern aus den ModCredits Kontakt aufzunehmen und euch auch dort zu bedanken. Ich kann an dieser Stelle nur meinen ganz persönlichen PayPal link teilen, füge aber auch gerne andere hinzu, die an der Mod gebastelt haben, wenn ich hierzu Links bekomme.

Auch ohne Geld freue ich mich über jeden von euch, der sich die Mod herunterlädt und dem sie dann auch noch gefällt :)

LG,
    Euer Fajeth

• English

Paypal link: Click me! (because of the transaction fee it would be great if you donate at least 1€)

Why donate?
    In the past multiple users asked me if they could support the mod/
    myself with a few euros and I always said no, for a good reason. I can
    do what gives me great pleasure, in my free time, with one of my
    favourite games of all times - and the best thing: I can make it even
    better, not only for myself but for people who love it almost as much as
    I do.

In my opinion mods should always be free to play and share. There are
    apparenlty modders for other games who get paid or who demand money
    before you can get their work - I would never agree to such a thing. I
    wouldn't even want that: I want to do things my way, just so I like the
    game better, and I want to try out things and revert them if I don't
    like it. It's great that most of you guys follow me on that way and
    enjoy what I enjoy. How could I demand money from you for that? Also:
    You know what you can expect if you download a work-in-progress
    free(time) mod. It's most likely that something will be broken,
    unbalanced or simply not your taste. Good thing: you can simply delete
    it with no harm and no disrespect for my work.

In addition, the mod you are enjoying isn't the work of a single man. It has been a Team- and a community afford for many years. Many modders have contributed or inspired me, some became Team Members for years. Especially ThreeOfMe derserves recognition (You might know him from his Trade War Politics Addon mod or his trade route mod in particular). Not only did he contribute, but also provided support for the mod in times I were absent. He also helps me with Scripting questions to this very day.

Because of that there is no 'Team donation' available. Arguing over money is the worst thing I can think of in a Modding Project. Thus I can only provide you with my personal paypal link, in case you want to give a very personal and specific thank you to me. I heavily encourage you to reach out to other Modders listed in the Credits aswell and will provide their donation links, in case they have any.

Even without your money I am very proud that you decided to download and maybe even enjoy the modpack and I thank you for that

Yours,
    Fajeth

• First and foremost, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making the Guild 2 a better game. I have used your mod for years, and it has made almost every aspect of the game better. In all honesty, however, I just recently found these forums and the wonderful fact you are still developing the mod. I want to support you, and I will... but I have to ask. How much money would it actually take for a completely "Out Of Sync" error-free game over LAN? Surely there is a clever way to look for whatever exception is being thrown and negate that problem accordingly, or simply a more streamlined recovery whenever the client becomes OOS. To be fair, it's 100x better than the stock variant of the game, and once again I have nothing but admiration for you... I just want to support that cause in whatever monetary way I can, and I would personally much rather finally after all these years having an OOS error-free game than what any feature could give me. How much would it cost to have you work on the remainder of the bugs for a month that are causing these issues? Tell me, and I promise I will personally get you the funding to do so... that being said it might be a deeper issue that would require more time, however, I am willing to find you the funding to continue that justifiable amazing cause. Once again, Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

• Hey!

I am glad that you appreciate my and our work so much! I also would love to simply "fix" the OOS problem, but unfortunateley that is barely in my power: Every single bug fix can have an impact on stability (while also every new bug/ issue can do the same in a negative way), so the mod makes multiplayer actualy more stable. However I can't fix the base problem of the OOS - i don't have the source code and also not the skill to do that.

However some day a nice wise man might release a fix/better workaround for this problem (unfortunately it's not me). I can only make the game less buggy and more enjoyable :)