Feedback Version 4.162beta

• - New measure for listing all buildings for sale added to the townhall - tested + working

HOWEVER-

The phrase "[Buildings for sale" has a [ In front of it.

Also if you resort the buildings according to type or money the buildings that are off screen will show empty HP boxes when you scroll down. Which totally doesn't matter.

Also, if you buy a building while the list is still up it will not be removed from the list until you close and reopen. Again, not really that important.

• The phrase "[Buildings for sale' has a [ In front of it.

Thanks for that, of course I only checked the German texts :/

Also if you resort the buildings according to type or money the buildings that are off screen will show empty HP boxes when you scroll down. Which totally doesn't matter.

I know.. That's a problem of the OverviewBuildingsSheet, which I adapted for this matter. I don't have a clue why it happens, but it should happen with the list of your own buildings too. Maybe, if I have the time to, I will look into it again.

• - Sick people don't visit hospitals that can't cure their illness because the building level is too low anymore -- broken? just started game in cologne, scholar. someone with the flu visited my pesthouse, though no infirmary in town yet.

- AI patients leave the hospital after not being treated for 3 hours works

turned on AI managed, (not sure if part of medicus 'script') my main char continued to make soap when there were several people waiting. this was after hours (workers sleeping).

AI dynasty member, came in healed already, left, then came back again getting to front of line. medicus said nothing wrong with you

• Hi Nirvana.

Patch 4.162b - Playing the Hansa, Hometown: Hamburg - Started with Scholar character.

1. Sick people don't visit hospitals that can't cure their illness > Working, AI had an infirmary already in town when I built pesthouse.
    2. AI patients sit down if a place on a bank gets free > Working (but that worked in the previous patch 4.15 too. I had 3 hospitals in a game with 4.15, 2 in Dusseldorf and 1 in Cologne)
    3. New measure for listing all buildings for sale added to the townhall > Working (and it works also for saved game from previous 4.15)

New: 1. Scene has frozen 3-4 times during a gameplay of 3-4 hours. It happens when you scroll around with the mouse.
    It seems to freeze later in the game, when town is more developed, and the frequence of freezing increases with the time.
    Also, only the imagery freezes, the sound is working and if you double-click somewhere on the frozen scene, it will take you afterwards wherever the clicking had fall. E.g. Blindly double-click, it turned out to enter the house. (It has never happened before in 4.15)
    2. Also, when scrolling there is a lag of the scene sometimes, and usually after it lags, the scene freezes as in 1. above, but not always.
    3. Turns > Before starting the game, I clicked the "1 year per turn" option but it did not work, the turns were 4 years. (That was happening before 4.15 and it happens again as it seems).

Issues listed for 4.161b and tested in 4.162b:
    1. Medicus AI reacts on amount of sick people and produces the needed medicine > Working (that worked on 4.15 too, but after a long time of non-reaction)
    2. Chances for plague decreased again in early game > Working, there is no incident of plague in my game, Hansa - Hamburg, for 30 years. That maybe, because there is no hospital. The AI has an infirmary and I have a pesthouse. But that should not be a parameter, no hospital no plague that is.

That's my feedback for now :) Thank you for your work.

• Thanks for your feedback :)
    As for your problems with freezes and not working y/r option: I really can't say what can cause this freezes. There were no methods added that could be responsible :/
    The y/r option is not saved when you start a new game, that means you have to check the option on every start of a new game. Maybe you just forgot to set the option?

• Couple of things that probably aren't related to this patch, but still bugs, I think:

1. The game froze when I used the measure "free trade." It didn't freeze until my character was actually about to perform it (whatever "it" is; I've never used it before).

2. When using the ban goods measure with the tax inspector I was given a message telling me that the stalls were not appropriate targets for that measure. Am I just doing it wrong? I tried targeting each type of trade stall.

• Thank you Nirvana for the reply.

1. I know that I have to set up the 1-year option for every new game. And I particularly remember setting it for this. It was one thing I wanted to try, because it has happenned before this patch. But I will try it again with a new game, to see it and get back to you on this.

2. Frozen scene. I don't know, it has not happened before. I have the RAM extended manually at 3GB (from 2GB).
    Maybe something corrected in the code for the AI behavior conflicts with a previous setting and as the game proceeds and more items are running and AI management extends, it causes the temporary lag and the frozen scenery? Just an idea. It does not lag the whole time when scrolling, but it increases as time passes.

• 2. When using the ban goods measure with the tax inspector I was given a message telling me that the stalls were not appropriate targets for that measure. Am I just doing it wrong? I tried targeting each type of trade stall.

In patch v4.15 a new merchant was added to the market so there're now 6 instead of 5 like befor and due to adding the new merchant they got new IDs which broke this measure for all. Nirvana (I think) wrote that they maybe remove this measure. But please Nirvana fix it.

• Hi Nirvana.

So I started a new game, again Hansa - Hamburg.

1. The 1-year turns are ok over 12 years.

2. The freeze scene, still happens, it happenned 4-5 times in this game.

3. Sermons give XP > working and Wooden pins/Fittings working too.

4. Now, about the medicus. There is a Hospital ran by AI in the town. The AI scholar character, is in healing mode all the time, but he does NOT heal. (I think he healed in the first year, but not sure that I remember correctly anymore.)
    Anyway, he just sits in his place in the hospital, with the healing mode shown on his icon, but he does nothing. The hospital is full of people in need of healing, but he is idle in healing mode.
    Also, he has a physician in healing mode. The physician stops at midnight and leaves, but by around 4 in the night she is working again, healing, which she should not do at that hour. (All the other physicians who are assigned to prepare medicines, are leaving at midnight and appear again in the morning.) And all this time the AI scholar character just sits there.

5. No case of plague yet in the 12 years. Was the plague erased completely? :lol:

6. There is something else. Several carts have been tangled outside a city's gate, going around in circles. All AI carts.

Question: Would it be feasible to have a list at the town hall with the diseases in the town (as the list of the hospital)? Or to be available as a button to the AI hospital? So one would know whether to build a hospital or not. Too much to ask eh? :happy:

That's about it for feedback.

• Hmm. I'll agree with the suggestion to add an illness tracker somewhere. I also haven't seen the plague at all in probably 20+ years. I may be alone on this, but I'd like it to at least have a 25% chance of occurring once a well equipped medicus is in town.

One other thing that has been discussed at some length is the frequency of war. Since this is a main source of gaining fame it might be worth increasing the chances of war.

That said, as always I'd like to thank Nirvana for his continued efforts. I for one really appreciate it.

• General Chaos wrote: "One other thing that has been discussed at some length is the frequency of war. Since this is a main source of gaining fame it might be worth increasing the chances of war."

Uhm, well, in my game, Hansa Hamburg, in 12 years they went to war 3 times. I think that is a pretty good frequency :smile:

• Hi Nirvana.

I noticed that patients in the hospital sit on other ones already sitting on benches, even if there are empty places on the same bench or on the other bench.
    (In the 4.15, if there were no empty sits on the benches, they were standing)

Thank you again

P.S. If you need anything, please ask :)

• Hi i dont know if anyone already mentioned this , but when i have 2 or more buildings in the same chain of production theres a bug that when my carts from the bakery for example go to the windmill to get some flour, it leaves pastries in the windmill.

I think that it thinks that the windmill is a "market" since it normally will buy materials from the market, so it just dumps all the pastries in the windmill thinking it sold them.

• Actually, what I think is happening with the carts is they are getting loaded up with good to take to the market, but before they get enough of them for them to receive the order to go to the market to sell them, they receive an order to buy gather supplies. They go to you resource producing buildings, realise they can't take the resources because their inventory slots are full of finished products... So they dump them in the recourse producing buildings inventory to make space for the supplies and head back.

Normally they go to the market to buy supplies and this causes no problems because dumping the finished goods in the market sells them as you would hope... But when they get dumped in a resource producing building that buildings inventory gets full, the employees there get full inventories because they can't unload gathered items into the building inventory, and production stops because there's no slots to build new items.

It is a pretty major issue over time. A check to see if a carts inventory slots are empty before it goes to collect resources from building other then the market should serve as a quick fix... I'm not sure if it should ideally go to the market first on route to the building (It would be annoying if it stocked up at market while it was there instead of going to your buildings for the supplies... Unless the goods were been sold for less then their base value) or if it should just dump the finished product into it's own buildings inventory before it goes to anther building to pick up supplies (at least the items would stay in the right part of the network).

• This is something that I've faced.. I'm playing Hamsa - the top city ( can't remember the name.. start with B)

And then at one point of the game.. I use my thieves to attack an AI with assets of 100k.. I wanted to kidnap him.. So I have my thieves to chase him.. Chasing halfway.. My game auto off.. No error message, Nothing.. Just back to Window and that's it..

So I try to reopen again.. But as soon as I try to load the last quick save.. I got kicked out again... X(